Respected Contributor

Re: Saint Patrick's Day on QVC now versus the past

[ Edited ]

@mormel20 

Stock ticker is QRTEA.....92 cents a share common stock...what's traded every day on the NASDAQ.

the ticker you're looking at is debt the company holds for future. that bond expires in 2067.

The company name is Qurate.

Stock Ticker Above.

Hope this helps!

Occasional Visitor

So agree. Used to love St. Patrick’s Day. I usually invited friends over either for lunch or afternoon tea and we’d ouu, anhh and order like crazy.
It’s gradually got less and less interesting, and entertaining, and the quality of merchandise along with a variety has continue to deteriorate. I haven’t even ordered in the last couple of years because I haven’t even watch the channel for more than 10 minutes at a time. Still very disappointed. I understand your market and financial issues but I talk to so many people who are used to order and Wood again it was only brought back. This is absolutely not interesting. I’m about to change the channel again.
Honored Contributor

Times have brought on changes that most of us don't like!

Happy Saint Patrick's Day

Trusted Contributor

I agree.  It has become boring.  Also, Hdns is on way too much.  Disgusting.  

Trusted Contributor

someibe in the upper ranks of QVC started this downward trend.  Comcast does not dictate the offerings.  Irish goods sold like crazy.  Now they have cheap junk imported from other countries.  I loved when they had that live Irish group on. All my relatives watched and we were not old.  I know that group is now famous, but there are surely a ton of other Irish groups out there who would love the opportunity. Well, I'm pretty much history from the way I used to buy all year round.  The final blows were the high prices and Carolyn being let go while Jane is all over the place.  

Trusted Contributor

Sorry but my relatives in Orlando always watched on St Patrick's Day and also bought sweaters and home decor. Now we have all lost interest. 

Trusted Contributor

Yes.  The Irish products were more varied.  There were lots of decor items and pitchers and things like that.  Now it's all sweaters and jewelry. QVC management has become a big bore.  Not just on St. Patrick's Day either.  Those skimmers could have been sold anytime.  It takes research and communications with artists to have the kind of Irish merchandise they used to have. I think the new management is lazy and is blaming hosts?   I'm actually relieved that I won't be buying much.  I've spent thousands over the years.  I would rather keep my favorite B&M stores open.  

Contributor

@mormel20 The stock is QRTEA for Qurate Group.

Valued Contributor

No variety in Irish products this year and very very boring - practically all sweaters with a few jewelry items sprinkled in.  I remember years ago I LOVE the Irish Dresden (always purchased), Belleek, beautiful cut crystal items galore, etc.  Not sure I have seen any home products this year with exception of an embroidered table runner.  Just how many sweaters are they going to sell I am wondering??  PLEASE QVC if you are going to continued these Irish days, bring back Irish Dresden, Belleek and Crystal.  Also, where's the Inis fragrance, etc.??  Anyone else miss these types items?

Honored Contributor

I was hoping to add a new Irish sweater to my collection for about $99.  Today's offerings, even though on sale, are just too expensive for the average consumer.