Honored Contributor

Sad news-Ex-QVC Host Lisa Mason’s Husband Dies

Homeshoppingista's Blog By Linda Moss

April 21, 2019

It’s with great sorrow that we report that former QVC host Lisa Mason has lost her beloved husband Gino.

After she left QVC Lisa chronicled Gino’s battle with brain cancer on Facebook, and he certainly survived for years after his diagnosis.

But the end has come, and Lisa told the at least part of the tale.

To my Gino:
Before we met, I felt like half a person.
After we married, I finally felt whole.
You’ve left, my Love. But God has not.
He fills my broken, empty heart.
He has promised to remain there until I take your hand again.
Rest, my Beloved. I count the days until we are reunited. Heaven awaits!
I love you forever. I will always be your faithful wife. Lisa.

Lisa always talked about Gino when she was on QVC, and it was obvious they were soulmates.

We are so sorry to hear of his death, and wish her our deepest condolences on her loss.

https://homeshoppingista.wordpress.com/2019/04/21/ex-qvc-host-lisa-masons-husband-dies/

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: Sad news-Ex-QVC Host Lisa Mason’s Husband Dies

Image result for rest in peace

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

I really liked Lisa Mason as a host.  I remember her husband's health problems and I am sorry to learn of his passing. Lisa herself had some health concerns.

Lisa was a class act as a host.  She gave pertinent information in a controlled, steady, calm way.  She had a very well modulated voice suitable fior broadcasting.  She did not make the presentations about herself.  She did not over-share personal information.  She took callers phone calls and responded in a professional and caring way. 

I miss Lisa Mason and am sorry for this sorrow in her life.

Respected Contributor

Just FYI: this was posted last week.  Keeping all those who are grieving in my prayers.

Esteemed Contributor

@maximillian wrote:

I really liked Lisa Mason as a host.  I remember her husband's health problems and I am sorry to learn of his passing. Lisa herself had some health concerns.

Lisa was a class act as a host.  She gave pertinent information in a controlled, steady, calm way.  She had a very well modulated voice suitable fior broadcasting.  She did not make the presentations about herself.  She did not over-share personal information.  She took callers phone calls and responded in a professional and caring way. 

I miss Lisa Mason and am sorry for this sorrow in her life.

@maximillian 

Well said.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

That's a beautiful tribute.   Thank you for posting it, @Spurt.    I first saw Lisa when she was a new host, then as she moved up in the ranks, and then I occasionally followed her when she left QVC and gave us glimpses into her life away from shopping venues.   Her references to Gino were imbued with warmth, sometimes peppered with spicy humor, but always accentuated with an obvious sparkle in her eyes and the essence of love in her demeanor.   I think it was clear how close they were, deeply devoted to one another.   On a personal note, I was among those edified and inspired by the personification of their profound, grounded faith...  a testimony that touches people in a way that mere words cannot do.   A living faith manifested in the way we move through the world and the way we interact with others.   A cliche, but true...  they were "walking the walk rather than merely talking the talk."   They moved through the world as a team and partnership and with a purpose and mission that, I believe, transcends earthly limits and is something Lisa will carry forward.  I pray for Lisa, and for all who love Gino.   May he rest in gentle, serene peace.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just looked on Facebook and read Lisa's most recent post: 

"To my dear friends. First, thank you all so very much for your prayers of support and comfort. It is impossible to explain the anguish of loss. Gino was not only the love of my life, he was also my very best friend and confidant. 

It is will deep gratitude that I share with you that I held his hand until the very end. It was just the two of us, in a quiet and peaceful room. I believe he took his hand from mine and then placed it in the hand of The Lord. In the final days, he knew he was dying. We spoke of our lives together and he told me what he wished for me in my life to come.

“Grief comes in waves”, I had been told. I didn’t know what that meant until now. Now, I understand, and as each wave comes and then subsides, I comfort myself with the fact that I never left him and never stopped fighting for him.

He is with The Lord now. Of that, I am certain.
I wrote this poem a long time ago. Today, it feels just right. Here is an excerpt from “After darkness comes the light.” God bless you and keep you. Thank you. I love you all.

“And then one day life’s cast aside,
And Heaven’s doors are open wide,
You’ll march right in and take your place,
And there you’ll see His loving face.

And on that day, God will make clear,
What happened down there’s what brought you here!
Your journeys done, such sweet release.
And now, my child, you shall have peace.

You kept the faith,
Trudged trough the night,
For after darkness, always, comes the light.”
Lisa Mason."

(from her public Facebook page, facebook.com/Lisamason.showhost/)

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

I just looked on Facebook and read Lisa's most recent post: 

"To my dear friends. First, thank you all so very much for your prayers of support and comfort. It is impossible to explain the anguish of loss. Gino was not only the love of my life, he was also my very best friend and confidant. 

It is will deep gratitude that I share with you that I held his hand until the very end. It was just the two of us, in a quiet and peaceful room. I believe he took his hand from mine and then placed it in the hand of The Lord. In the final days, he knew he was dying. We spoke of our lives together and he told me what he wished for me in my life to come.

“Grief comes in waves”, I had been told. I didn’t know what that meant until now. Now, I understand, and as each wave comes and then subsides, I comfort myself with the fact that I never left him and never stopped fighting for him.

He is with The Lord now. Of that, I am certain.
I wrote this poem a long time ago. Today, it feels just right. Here is an excerpt from “After darkness comes the light.” God bless you and keep you. Thank you. I love you all.

“And then one day life’s cast aside,
And Heaven’s doors are open wide,
You’ll march right in and take your place,
And there you’ll see His loving face.

And on that day, God will make clear,
What happened down there’s what brought you here!
Your journeys done, such sweet release.
And now, my child, you shall have peace.

You kept the faith,
Trudged trough the night,
For after darkness, always, comes the light.”
Lisa Mason."

(from her public Facebook page, facebook.com/Lisamason.showhost/)

How beautiful.  This was one couple who walked the walk

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

That's a beautiful tribute.   Thank you for posting it, @Spurt.    I first saw Lisa when she was a new host, then as she moved up in the ranks, and then I occasionally followed her when she left QVC and gave us glimpses into her life away from shopping venues.   Her references to Gino were imbued with warmth, sometimes peppered with spicy humor, but always accentuated with an obvious sparkle in her eyes and the essence of love in her demeanor.   I think it was clear how close they were, deeply devoted to one another.   On a personal note, I was among those edified and inspired by the personification of their profound, grounded faith...  a testimony that touches people in a way that mere words cannot do.   A living faith manifested in the way we move through the world and the way we interact with others.   A cliche, but true...  they were "walking the walk rather than merely talking the talk."   They moved through the world as a team and partnership and with a purpose and mission that, I believe, transcends earthly limits and is something Lisa will carry forward.  I pray for Lisa, and for all who love Gino.   May he rest in gentle, serene peace.

@dooBdoo 

Beautifully said.....Prayers to Lisa, her faith will continue to provide comfort and support.....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@brandiwine wrote:

Just FYI: this was posted last week.  Keeping all those who are grieving in my prayers.

@brandiwine 

I checked under community chat and Q Talk nothing there.....didnt think to check customer care..?????..what an odd place to put that topic..and person used Lisa Mason as topic heading and mods deleted another forum link someone referenced....so I put it in Q Talk more appropriate and included more info from Linda's Blog....and love @dooBdoo  tribute and additional info from Lisa's FB Page....