Honored Contributor

Re: SUPER SATURDAY, SHOES, SHOES, SHOES, SUDS AND MARGARITAS, PEARLS, AND FASHION!

On 7/25/2014 SPURT said:
On 7/24/2014 stevieb said:

Another dumpster of a weekend... But I beg to differ on the need to tape the rub a dub suds in a tub, or, in this case, that clear glass bowl... Really Spurt, no need to tape it, after all, it's on ALL the time... Philosophy's right up there with Dull, Dyson, Vitamix and that Logo Lock bag from Dooney...

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Hey Stevie......Why I must respectfully disagree....why everyone looks so forward to that infamous bowl of suds, and afterall QVC does have a break in the programming on Christmas Day in favor of music and hosts taped in informal settings, so how can anyone survive without 24/7 and a 365 days viewing of the "THE SUDS"......therefore a recorded version is AN ABSOLUTE NECESSITY!!! Honestly! {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}Wink

I never thought I would see the day that you are actually tired of a Dooney ....how can you say bad things about the much celebrated Dooney Logo Lock Bag.....why you even put it in the same category as moms other favorites!!!!.....FOR SHAME!!!!!

So are you going to watch Super Saturday Live---I read that there would be handbags.........Wink

Yo Spurt... boring and repetitive is boring and repetitive, even when it involves a bag. Besides, I can't fathom the success of that bulky Logo Lock number... As for SS, I doubt I'll watch. I caught it a few years and it's essentially pretty boring, with most items selling out within minutes and really, not a whole lot of stuff that's all that desirable in the first place, though there are exceptions. It is a huge event though, and for those actually in attendance, there is scads and scads of great merchandise to be had. QVC, of course, is a presence but this event is far bigger than QVC. As for the suds, well, I'm passing on that recording. I wouldn't care if Philosophy went the way of so many other former... QVC vendors.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Re: SUPER SATURDAY, SHOES, SHOES, SHOES, SUDS AND MARGARITAS, PEARLS, AND FASHION!

On 7/25/2014 stevieb said:
On 7/25/2014 SPURT said:

Another dumpster of a weekend... But I beg to differ on the need to tape the rub a dub suds in a tub, or, in this case, that clear glass bowl... Really Spurt, no need to tape it, after all, it's on ALL the time... Philosophy's right up there with Dull, Dyson, Vitamix and that Logo Lock bag from Dooney...

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Hey Stevie......Why I must respectfully disagree....why everyone looks so forward to that infamous bowl of suds, and afterall QVC does have a break in the programming on Christmas Day in favor of music and hosts taped in informal settings, so how can anyone survive without 24/7 and a 365 days viewing of the "THE SUDS"......therefore a recorded version is AN ABSOLUTE NECESSITY!!! Honestly! {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}Wink

I never thought I would see the day that you are actually tired of a Dooney ....how can you say bad things about the much celebrated Dooney Logo Lock Bag.....why you even put it in the same category as moms other favorites!!!!.....FOR SHAME!!!!!

So are you going to watch Super Saturday Live---I read that there would be handbags.........Wink

Yo Spurt... boring and repetitive is boring and repetitive, even when it involves a bag. Besides, I can't fathom the success of that bulky Logo Lock number... As for SS, I doubt I'll watch. I caught it a few years and it's essentially pretty boring, with most items selling out within minutes and really, not a whole lot of stuff that's all that desirable in the first place, though there are exceptions. It is a huge event though, and for those actually in attendance, there is scads and scads of great merchandise to be had. QVC, of course, is a presence but this event is far bigger than QVC. As for the suds, well, I'm passing on that recording. I wouldn't care if Philosophy went the way of so many other former... QVC vendors.

Stevie.....I have NEVER even been tempted to purchase the Logo Lock bag, for some reason it never appealed to me despite the numerous easy pays, extensive color selection or featured price options. I've read several threads that the lock doesn't stay locked, the leather is not a good quality, it's heavy and bulky and it does not seem to have much organization ......better options elsewhere.....

As for the SS, I watched a bit of it one year, and it was like they showed a pair of shoes, next moment there was SOLD sign...pretty boring.....but yes this event is much bigger than the Q ..... it's interesting that all the shopping channels seem to have aligned themselves with a favorite cause or charity......I wonder how much each charity actually nets, do they have to pay a portion for the air time etc etc........I'm cynical that way.....The Charity Navigator site is one of my essential tools when it comes to my giving....it shows how much their administrator gets paid, how much they spend on advertising/fund raising and how much goes to the actual cause. Sometimes the info is rather shocking....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

On 7/25/2014 SPURT said:

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Well, I won't be watching anything, including the shoe shows (and I love shoes) because I get tired of seeing them bend shoes in half. Why should the fact that they can bend a shoe in half influence me to buy a pair of shoes.

And I hate the bowl of suds, too. And in reality, Philosophy does not suds all that well. Bath and Body Words suds a WHOLE lot better.

Oh, and by the way, I now have experienced the wrath of Temp-tations cult followers when I agreed with someone that we had seen enough of those faux china/stoneware items. They are almost as bad as WENnites!

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Esteemed Contributor

Love it, Spurt!

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Esteemed Contributor

On 7/25/2014 ezduzit said:

Gee Spurt, you know how bad it must be when I look forward to your Weekend Review much more than any of the shows on QVC (or any of the shopping networks.)

Please don't stop, it's just terrific!!!

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} I agree

Honored Contributor

On 7/25/2014 SPURT said:
On 7/25/2014 SPURT said:

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Stevie.....I have NEVER even been tempted to purchase the Logo Lock bag, for some reason it never appealed to me despite the numerous easy pays, extensive color selection or featured price options. I've read several threads that the lock doesn't stay locked, the leather is not a good quality, it's heavy and bulky and it does not seem to have much organization ......better options elsewhere.....

As for the SS, I watched a bit of it one year, and it was like they showed a pair of shoes, next moment there was SOLD sign...pretty boring.....but yes this event is much bigger than the Q ..... it's interesting that all the shopping channels seem to have aligned themselves with a favorite cause or charity......I wonder how much each charity actually nets, do they have to pay a portion for the air time etc etc........I'm cynical that way.....The Charity Navigator site is one of my essential tools when it comes to my giving....it shows how much their administrator gets paid, how much they spend on advertising/fund raising and how much goes to the actual cause. Sometimes the info is rather shocking....

I don't like it (the Logo Lock) either. I was tempted a few times primarily because of the colors, but I really dislike that candy-cane pink interior and after seeing them being carried while out and about I don't find it at all appealing. It's just bulky looking and not for me. I've too have read where the lock mechanism isn't always reliable... At the end of the day, I like Dooney, but can't really say I love the brand. It's just that of the brands the Q offers, it's probably about the best of the lot, so historically I've watched the shows (and I own quite a few), but, like everything else on Q, they're becoming so commonplace and the bags shown so redundant that I'm not even committed to watching them anymore... Strike three moms, and you're OUT!

Speaking of charity, you know how most organizations, particularly governments, have their annual 'giving' campaign (as if working for years on end without raises or living cost adjustments isn't giving enough...) and for years, most directed employees to a, shall we say, specific umbrella organization...? Well, when speculation about mismanagement of funds and too high a percentage off the top for 'overhead' hit the fan, it seems the options widened greatly... Where I work, we are the victims of outright arm-twisting to participate, so I usually do, however minimally, but I have my own 'causes' that I feel more positively about. At some points, they intersect but not always... And it's good to be able to research charities and decide for yourself who is using your money as you want to see it used.

Honored Contributor

On 7/25/2014 katiescarlett said:
On 7/25/2014 SPURT said:

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Well, I won't be watching anything, including the shoe shows (and I love shoes) because I get tired of seeing them bend shoes in half. Why should the fact that they can bend a shoe in half influence me to buy a pair of shoes.

And I hate the bowl of suds, too. And in reality, Philosophy does not suds all that well. Bath and Body Words suds a WHOLE lot better.

Oh, and by the way, I now have experienced the wrath of Temp-tations cult followers when I agreed with someone that we had seen enough of those faux china/stoneware items. They are almost as bad as WENnites!

Nothing I want to see either KS... and I too have wondered why all the bending of shoes, other than theoretically to demonstrate flexibility, but come on, no body walks that way! And yea, I've never caught the Temptations bug (and heaven knows I've never caught the soapless bug) so it's easy for me to steer clear... It's one thing to like a product, but becoming a zealot is a whole different kettle of fish! Frankly, where dishes, cookware and bake ware are concerned, I have what I need and I have some very pretty pieces, most bought for a whole lot less at Homegoods and TJ Maxx... Besides, I wish I had the time and motivation to spend hours in the kitchen trying out new recipes and making old favorites, but I don't... I simply don't... Maybe one day when I'm not working full-time, I'll enjoy that room of the house more!

Valued Contributor

On 7/25/2014 katiescarlett said:
On 7/25/2014 SPURT said:

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Nothing I want to see either KS... and I too have wondered why all the bending of shoes, other than theoretically to demonstrate flexibility, but come on, no body walks that way! And yea, I've never caught the Temptations bug (and heaven knows I've never caught the soapless bug) so it's easy for me to steer clear... It's one thing to like a product, but becoming a zealot is a whole different kettle of fish! Frankly, where dishes, cookware and bake ware are concerned, I have what I need and I have some very pretty pieces, most bought for a whole lot less at Homegoods and TJ Maxx... Besides, I wish I had the time and motivation to spend hours in the kitchen trying out new recipes and making old favorites, but I don't... I simply don't... Maybe one day when I'm not working full-time, I'll enjoy that room of the house more!

I hear ya! I am trying to cook more from scratch and sometimes it seems like I spend the entire weekend in the kitchen which means I don't get anything else done around the house and barn. Well, I have a little less than 4 years before I am retired, so maybe I can cook more then. I am a sucker for kitchen gadgets (Love Sur la Table!) but I keep thinking when am going to use those things! I have nice original Corningware I got at yard sales and Pyrex all made in USA. And Corelle, too, that is over 30 years old, still looks like new. So, the last thing I need is faux stoneware.

A friend gave me a sample set of the soapless product and I was not impressed. Did not like the fragrances and frankly, the lavender did not smell like real lavender.

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Trusted Contributor

On 7/25/2014 SPURT said:
On 7/24/2014 MJDinHawaii said: Another wonderful preview, Spurt! When you mentioned beauty devices on Sunday, I thought maybe a Dyson Vacuum for enlarged pores! LOL. Anyway, love the kitty pics especially the one with tennis shoes, but my fave is the Westie - I have two. Thanks for my weekly guffaw!

Hi MJD......

Thanks for your kind comments---

Those Westies are absolutely adorable!!!!! I love that commercial for Cesars dog food featuring that cute Westie......what type of personality do Westies have?

OMG---can you imagine the Dyson with attachments for exfoliating your skin or getting rid of wrinkles as you vacuum....a REAL time saver for sure!!!!{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

DeeNee, 10 years old, is the queen and a total Greenies junkie. Auggie is 7 and just the sweetest animal, being younger he defers to the big D. Her name is short for Houdini, since she managed to get out of her kennel and end up at our bedroom door (upstairs) the first two nights she was home with us - at the time, she was under 4 pounds! They are both very affectionate but one of the hallmarks of the breed is that " they are possessed of no small amount of self esteem." In effect, we are their humans - they are not our dogs.
Esteemed Contributor

The black cat wearing the Honora pearls looks just like my former cat, Star, (now at Rainbow Bridge.) That cat could have been her twin.

Breast enhancing gum? This can't be for real?? I'm assuming that it's just sarcastic because it sounds so outrageous.

So sorry to hear about your friend's mother passing from ovarian cancer. I hope most of the proceeds from "Super Saturday" really go for research, as they claim.

Keep the threads coming, SPURT!

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain