Esteemed Contributor

Re: SUGGESTION FOR TOO FREQUENT TSV ALERTS

What manufacturer buying TV or radio time would put up with another advertiser's ad being played concurrent with theirs? 

Here's what QVC actually sells:

VIEWERSHIP

If I were a vendor paying QVC for my 10 minutes of airtime to present my product, I would surely be outraged, and sue QVC for running a moving distraction across the bottom of the screen during my presentation.

Especially if the distraction was designed to redirect viewer's attention, and sell someone else's item on my time!

Honored Contributor

@SunValley   I'm not sure if TSVs are purchased in larger quantities or less are sold resulting in multiple presentations in 24 hrs.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus I'm not sure either, that was just my guess that they buy more to have enough to last three days, but I do know they rarely sell out anymore. Those marathon TSV presentations guarantee I will not watch.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus

I think that's a great idea!

I've seen HSN hosts do a "5-in-5" presentation during some of their jewelry and cosmetics shows and they are fantastic. In five minutes, they show five products, most of them at a clearance or special event price. If I want to buy one of the items, I just look them up online.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SunValley wrote:

@Shanus I'm not sure either, that was just my guess that they buy more to have enough to last three days, but I do know they rarely sell out anymore. Those marathon TSV presentations guarantee I will not watch.

---------------------

@SunValley @Shanus 

I remember those days when the TSV was something really special and often, it sold out before morning!!  Don't know if QVC is buying more TSV's or viewers are just not buying as much!

Now a days, I think that there is so much competition between on line retailers, that viewers - potential buyers - have many options for purchasing an item. I can find air fryers at many retail sites - same thing for vacuum cleaners, mattresses, clothing, cosmetics, even holiday items etc.