Honored Contributor

Re: SPRING STYLE!, FAVORITE BAGS, TOO MUCH VACUUMING, and OH MY NOT A MATTRESS!!

On 3/29/2015 september said:

For many of us, the best time to watch tv is on the weekends. I'd probably buy more, if the weekend products weren't vacuums, computers, or mattresses.

I miss Fenton art glass, Polish stoneware, and so many of the other nice products that I used to buy here. I know....I can get them elsewhere. But part of "QVC"...is convenience.

It was convenient for me to buy a lot of my past purchases here.

Hi September!!! Not only is QVC losing their regular customers with the endless parade of vacuums, computers, mattresses, and blenders, but they aren't going to lure new customers either if they always show the same thing {#emotions_dlg.sneaky}. Who does QVC think they are appealing to??????????? I bet QVC is losing LOTS of sales because of the repetitive boring lineup on weekends when people like to relax and watch tv and there is not much competition on the broadcast channels or cable channels either....It's funny because we can figure this out, but QVC's execs can't!

I agree I loved the Fenton glass, Polish stoneware and other unique vendors QVC used to show, that is what had me tuning in to QVC to see something different from my local stores.....I know Fenton went out of business---but QVC has pushed other unique vendors to the curb and replaced it with stuff I can find locally or their own lines that I am not interested in....!!!! {#emotions_dlg.glare}

HSN seems to follows QVC's lead with vacuums and electronics......their programming is filled with it too.......but at least they will show some home decor or their craft week, to break it up a bit......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: SPRING STYLE!, FAVORITE BAGS, TOO MUCH VACUUMING, and OH MY NOT A MATTRESS!!

On 3/29/2015 tucka said:

I agree about those vacumn cleaner show, I turned the Q onearly this morning and there it is,and off and on during the day there it is,and usually its the same host presents it,but acts like it is the first time,usually Dan,I just turn the channel and yes there it was different brand but the same,weekends seem to be the most boring time to watch the Q,and others. I should be outside anyway doing yard clean up.

Hi tucka.....QVC seems to save the worst of the worst for the weekends.....and now that the weather is starting to get nice in most of the country, QVC no longer has the captive audience that winter can bring......

Yard clean up is much more rewarding than watching QVC!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 3/29/2015 stevieb said:

Spurt, glad you had a nice trip to the hill country, but as one who dislikes windy conditions, sorry you didn't have better weather... Nice to hear that spring has sprung. It sure hasn't here, as winter has reached out to envelope us again... Yesterday was so cold and windy and today, though sunny, is quite chilly again... It'll get here, and then it'll last a few weeks before the nasty heat and humidity descend for the duration until fall... Oh well, it is what it is...

But Spurt, I'm sorely disappointed in you... you know, that you didn't take all of Q management and most of the hosts with you... Had you taken them up into them thar hills and turned them around a time or two, there's every reason to believe that they'd have never found their way back...

And speaking of which, I just looked at the line-up for the coming week... Fully miserable. I might (big maybe) catch some of the diamond programming on Friday. Nothing before then and nothing after... And yes, the coming weekend is another smashing example of redundancy, as we're treated to a day of Vionics (and the markers...) on Saturday and the whole rub-a-dub-dub... Philosophy suds in a tub thing on Sunday... Something to look forward to! Unfortunately, not here...

Wink

I think I prefer the Barbie version of Lucy... The smaller versions are cute, but the Barbie looks almost identical! And yes, I do enjoy my roosters and chicks, but have reached the point that when I see them out, I have to walk away more times than not... There's only so much room for them, after all! I left a cute red rooster sitting on the table at Homegoods a few weeks back and sort of wish I'd picked it up... But, oh well... I did buy one that day, also red, though more of a cinnabar color, and also on the smaller side and on a pedestal. He now commands the back of my stove, along with two (non-matching) white ceramic roosters I've had for a while.

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Stevie, as far as transporting Q's management I wouldn't want to pollute the charming Hill Country.....nope, but I will be happy to drop them off in Dallas where they can be "entertained" by Jerrah Jones and Mark Cuban....they deserve each other..{#emotions_dlg.glare}

Home Goods has got some nice new stuff (and you should've bought that red rooster )Wink........ and Hobby Lobby had some nice things too, including a whole section of rooster things.....Collections just grow and grow but you see something you just got to have....and rationalize it by saying, there's always room for one more....even though there is no more room....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}. At least with my Jim Store stuff I can rotate those items seasonally, but my angel and cat collection have reached their max.....although I may end up donating a few pieces to an Animal Shelter Thrift Shop to make room, and it might generate funds to help some animals too.....leaving room for me to add a few new items...when there's a will, there's a way.....Wink

And one of our weather morons may have solved the mystery of the inaccurate forecasts---it appears that these computer models that predict the weather compute this in blocks of time, but the atmospheric conditions don't work that way and are constantly moving and changing....at least that was one EXCUSE!!! At least they have taken that one day of 90 degree weather out of the forecast and restricted it to far west Texas....we may actually have tmps in the upper 60's on Saturday and mid 70's for Easter which should be nice...but they are predicting this rain that never comes....{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}Cool. And like you I am definitely NOT looking forward to the heat and humidity of summer.....{#emotions_dlg.scared}

Honored Contributor

On 3/31/2015 SPURT said:
On 3/31/2015 stevieb said:

Oh good gosh... more website changes coming... Wonder how long it'll take to work out the wrinkles this time...

They say they want to keep the website 'fresh'. That's rich... they don't seem to worry about keeping the programming or product mix fresh... They should... That's what really matters!

Hey Stevie...yet another "putting lipstick on a pig----but it's still a pig".....QVC must think that these website changes will lead to more sales {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}..... like you said what really matters is to offer more variety and uniqueness in their merchandise!!!

I know... I know... and besides, we all know that every time they tinker with the website there are glitches for months and months... well, even more glitches for months and months...

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I don't have a Home Goods close to me, but take the opportunity to shop at one whenever I'm near one. Very interesting to hear that Lisa R is posting (on Facebook) about shopping there!
Honored Contributor

I love HomeGoods and, in fact, all the TJX stores offer great variety and usually at good prices... Don't blame her for shopping there. I mean, why spend more if you don't have to!? I'm fortunate, there are quite a few HomeGoods stores near me, as well as quite a few TJ Maxx and Marshall's stores. The big problem is staying out of them...

Honored Contributor

On 3/31/2015 september said: I don't have a Home Goods close to me, but take the opportunity to shop at one whenever I'm near one. Very interesting to hear that Lisa R is posting (on Facebook) about shopping there!

Hi SEPTEMBER---I occasionally read LR's Facebook Page and saw the post and pic about Home Goods---that patio was beautiful!!!...Yep it's a neat store---my favorite Home Goods Store is one huge store that incorporates both TJ Maxx and Home Goods all in one. They have some nice things I particularly like to browse and buy from their home decor and kitchen departments. I also saw LR recommended a vegetable cutter from Target....she appears to be a savvy shopper.

I also like some of her recipes ...... but I have one criticism of one of the ingredients in her Haystack recipe (her version of a taco salad).....since I live where good Tex Mex cuisine reigns, I would recommend that she should add thick salsa instead of the tomato sauce and tomato paste and also used pico de gallo. Now she said you could add salsa and jalapenos but no no no ditch the spaghetti sauce fixings.... You can always tell a good Mexican restaurant by their salsa....some DO taste just like sauce you put on spaghetti and that is NOT a good sign for their main entrees.....

Honored Contributor

On 4/1/2015 stevieb said:
On 3/31/2015 SPURT said:
On 3/29/2015 stevieb said:

Spurt, glad you had a nice trip to the hill country, but as one who dislikes windy conditions, sorry you didn't have better weather... Nice to hear that spring has sprung. It sure hasn't here, as winter has reached out to envelope us again... Yesterday was so cold and windy and today, though sunny, is quite chilly again... It'll get here, and then it'll last a few weeks before the nasty heat and humidity descend for the duration until fall... Oh well, it is what it is...<br /> <br /> But Spurt, I'm sorely disappointed in you... you know, that you didn't take all of Q management and most of the hosts with you... Had you taken them up into them thar hills and turned them around a time or two, there's every reason to believe that they'd have never found their way back...

And speaking of which, I just looked at the line-up for the coming week... Fully miserable. I might (big maybe) catch some of the diamond programming on Friday. Nothing before then and nothing after... And yes, the coming weekend is another smashing example of redundancy, as we're treated to a day of Vionics (and the markers...) on Saturday and the whole rub-a-dub-dub... Philosophy suds in a tub thing on Sunday... Something to look forward to! Unfortunately, not here...

Wink

I think I prefer the Barbie version of Lucy... The smaller versions are cute, but the Barbie looks almost identical! And yes, I do enjoy my roosters and chicks, but have reached the point that when I see them out, I have to walk away more times than not... There's only so much room for them, after all! I left a cute red rooster sitting on the table at Homegoods a few weeks back and sort of wish I'd picked it up... But, oh well... I did buy one that day, also red, though more of a cinnabar color, and also on the smaller side and on a pedestal. He now commands the back of my stove, along with two (non-matching) white ceramic roosters I've had for a while.

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Stevie, as far as transporting Q's management I wouldn't want to pollute the charming Hill Country.....nope, but I will be happy to drop them off in Dallas where they can be "entertained" by Jerrah Jones and Mark Cuban....they deserve each other..{#emotions_dlg.glare}

Home Goods has got some nice new stuff (and you should've bought that red rooster )Wink........ and Hobby Lobby had some nice things too, including a whole section of rooster things.....Collections just grow and grow but you see something you just got to have....and rationalize it by saying, there's always room for one more....even though there is no more room....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}. At least with my Jim Store stuff I can rotate those items seasonally, but my angel and cat collection have reached their max.....although I may end up donating a few pieces to an Animal Shelter Thrift Shop to make room, and it might generate funds to help some animals too.....leaving room for me to add a few new items...when there's a will, there's a way.....Wink

And one of our weather morons may have solved the mystery of the inaccurate forecasts---it appears that these computer models that predict the weather compute this in blocks of time, but the atmospheric conditions don't work that way and are constantly moving and changing....at least that was one EXCUSE!!! At least they have taken that one day of 90 degree weather out of the forecast and restricted it to far west Texas....we may actually have tmps in the upper 60's on Saturday and mid 70's for Easter which should be nice...but they are predicting this rain that never comes....{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}Cool. And like you I am definitely NOT looking forward to the heat and humidity of summer.....{#emotions_dlg.scared}

Can't blame you for not wanting to pollute the region... {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} But I'd suggest Houston rather than Dallas as the dumping post...

Haven't been to HomeGoods in a while... and yes, I know, I should've gotten the little red rooster. It was only a few bucks. Interesting, isn't it, the time we opt to try to put a lid on collecting... and the times we just opt to go on collecting... Still, the little cinnabar rooster I did get that day is quite neat.

I was trying to gear up to do some seasonal changes... The throws and throw pillows, some of the knick-knacks and so on, but it'll have to wait until the mood actually strikes me... I've learned it's hard to force myself to gear up for action when I just really don't feel like it... My HOA is having a yard sale in a few weeks and talk about trying to gear up for something... I figure even if I take a table or two it would be better than nothing. A drop in the bucket for sure, but still, at least a start...

Don't know if you've visited the 'name change' thread lately, but at least two of your 'fans' (one of them seems to have a real issue with the updates, as she's posted her nasty-grams before) seem to be waxing eloquently (well, if you call that eloquently...) about the updates... You might enjoy reading the back and forth... Then again, it might just tick you off!

Weather here today, so far, is pleasant... sunny and spring like and still a tad cool... I wish it could stay like this far longer than it will... Ah yes, the 'computer models'... I don't know... It seems to me that the 'weather men' (back in the day) without all the technology were at least as accurate as they are now...

Wink

Hey STEVIE---when the NBA rivalry heats up (pardon the pun) with H Town (we play them twice and are jockeying for a top playoff position, so yes H Town would be proper spot for the West Chester Gang to land....and they can wear all those long sleeve tops and sweaters in the heat and humidity like they urge all of us living in warm climates to do.....let's see how much they enjoy it....{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}.

Enjoy your cinnabar rooster....it does sound neat. Oh yes Stevie, I know how it is when your get up and go has got up and went......Don't even mention spring cleaning which is way over do for me and I have a stack of clothes I've been trying to organize to pack up and make that trip to Goodwill or Salvation Army.....and that is only the beginning of cleaning out that closet.....{#emotions_dlg.w00t} There is a web site called flylady.net that gives you tips and motivation on starting that decluttering project....now I just have to get motivated to read it....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}. A yard sale would be a good way to get started, wish someone would organize one in our neighborhood.....but I think once the city decided that you have to have a permit which costs $$$ to get it started which put a damper on such projects around here....{#emotions_dlg.glare}

I made the mistake of tuning into the Q's Tig Show....now who should be hosting but my "favorite host"....yep the Valley Girl herself....{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}. What was distracting was her attire---she had on what was a velvet top with a jeweled belt and what she called a cinderella skirt. Now that may have been nice if one was going to a prom or a wedding...{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}.. There were several humorous comments about it....Someone said that she had worn an outfit like that in elementary school and all it was missing was a magic wand and tiara, anther person said that the outfit was to distract folks from the terrible looking wig cut in a buster brown haircut{#emotions_dlg.laugh}. And if that was not bad enough....she took the velvet top off and added a denim and company striped t-shirt......{#emotions_dlg.scared}{#emotions_dlg.scared}{#emotions_dlg.scared} Check out the video for item # A263632. Of course one of the contigency had to defend her posting numerous photos of a similar look, showing that "my gal" is definitely "on trend" and critics are nothing but fuddy duddies...{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}....Ya know these designers may come out with something bizarre that they might like, but that does not mean the general public goes for it....and definitely not the audience that watches QVC......{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} It's all in the what in the world in the host is wearing thread.....

On that thread you mentioned....most of the comments were blocked from my viewing since some of those folks are on my IGNORE USER list. And no point in reversing that feature from what you have said ....... {#emotions_dlg.glare}

Enjoy your beautiful weather ......while it lasts....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

On 3/29/2015 GinaV24 said:

another great preview. I did watch some of the spring fashion shows, although one presentation of Logo was enough for me. Unfortunately Albany was chosen to host with Isaac and she annoys me more than Shawn and that's going some, so I opted out and went to the library instead.

I knew Sunday was a wasteland - except I am watching the American West show, I had to mute it a few times when Antonella's sleeping beauty deal got too overwhelming so I switched to evine and diamonds.

I figure I don't need to buy any jewelry but it is still fun to watch over most of Q's product lines.

Hi GINA--glad you liked the review......

I understand how you feel when a certain pairing of hosts can definitely ruin a show....and trust me, they probably showed the same ole fashions, so the library was a much much better choice---and I hope you found something enjoyable to read...because this week doesn't appear to be much fun either....

Oh yes I started to watch the American West Show....but all I saw was turquoise ..... and I knew what that meant---and I didn't care to hear the latest update about the mine being closed.....{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}. And one thing about Evine you don't have to watch Q's annoying buyer try to justify his purchases either.....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

As far as I got today was cleaning off the mantle and changing out a few knick-knacks, moving a few small houseplants around and changing out one picture... Not very motivated either... And you know, no website is going to motivate me... Either I get off 'it' and get moving or I don't!

Poor Spurt... You just don't like Courtney... I watched the video (well part of it anyway) and I just don't think she looked bad or did a bad job... Different strokes my friend. I'd likely not be able to say the same about pretty much any video I pulled up featuring the Amy...

All that said, I get SO sick of some of these posters telling us what's 'on trend'... Who gives a rats, uh, backside... I know what I like... I know what works on me... I'm not opposed to trying out new looks, but I really don't care what's 'on trend'!

Wink

As for the thread and your blocked posters, believe me, you didn't miss much... Just a few of the usual bitter, cynical retorts...

I think our semi-nice weather is limited in scope... It looks like Easter will be nice. Tomorrow though looks rather dreary if not downright nasty and Saturday looks iffy... Unfortunately, next week appears to get quite warm with rain likely several days and we all know what that means... humidity... I hate it!

Enjoy your weekend, and Easter...