Honored Contributor

Re: SPRING STYLE!, FAVORITE BAGS, TOO MUCH VACUUMING, and OH MY NOT A MATTRESS!!

On 4/2/2015 stevieb said:

As far as I got today, we cleaning off the mantle and changing out a few knick-knacks, moving a few small houseplants around and changing out one picture... Not very motivated either... And you know, no website is going to motivate me... Either I get off 'it' and get moving or I don't!

Poor Spurt... You just don't like Courtney... I watched the video (well part of it anyway) and I just don't think she looked bad or did a bad job... Different strokes my friend. I'd likely not be able to say the same about pretty much any video I pulled up featuring the Amy...

All that said, I get SO sick of some of these posters telling us what's 'on trend'... Who gives a rats, uh, backside... I know what I like... I know what works on me... I'm not opposed to trying out new looks, but I really don't care what's 'on trend'!

Wink

As for the thread and your blocked posters, believe me, you didn't miss much... Just a few of the usual bitter, cynical retorts...

I think our semi-nice weather is limited in scope... It looks like Easter will be nice. Tomorrow though looks rather dreary if not downright nasty and Saturday looks iffy... Unfortunately, next week appears to get quite warm with rain likely several days and we all know what that means... humidity... I hate it!

Enjoy your weekend, and Easter...

So STEVIE, it looks like you got moving, and made some changes to welcome spring into your home....

As for Courtney.....it was a little difficult to see that her skirt was made of a chiffon type of material.....and that is what looked odd to me. If it was a plain cotton or even poly skirt it would have been fine.....As you said different strokes my friend....Wink Now I can only take small doses of Amy, but I once watched her host a Christmas decor show, it was very early in the morning and she did a decent job, but maybe she was tired and that was the secret to her "success" {#emotions_dlg.laugh}Wink But her high voice and if she gets to chattering her usual mile a minute, or starts mentioning Bre....that is it for me......so I see where you are coming from....{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I'm like you Stevie...I go by what I like and what looks good on me and I am not a pied piper and just follow what's "on trend" ....can you imagine throwing out your wardrobe every season or year to be "in fashion"....or go out and buy because "you MUST have" everything in the Pantone Color Of The Year!!!{#emotions_dlg.bored} Do these gimmicks actually work on sane people....?????

I hope your pleasant weather holds up and you have a very nice Easter and weekend!

Image result for cats wearing bunny ears

No this isn't either one of my cats, but it would be how they would look if they allowed me to put bunny ears on them....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: SPRING STYLE!, FAVORITE BAGS, TOO MUCH VACUUMING, and OH MY NOT A MATTRESS!!

And I see a certain someone had to make a comment (why do they bother to read something they despise so much)....so I returned the favor....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Miserable here today... a taste of things to come... Dreary, drizzly and humid... Temps only in the 70's but with the humidity it feels so much worse... and no A/C until late in May... Ugggg... The weekend did look nice, but I guess that magic line shifted and now looks sort of iffy... Next week looks pretty lousy with lots of clouds and rain... I think I'll go out this weekend and look at portable air conditioners. And no, don't tell me, I know the Q sells them. Like I said, I think I'll go out and look...

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 4/3/2015 stevieb said:

Miserable here today... a taste of things to come... Dreary, drizzly and humid... Temps only in the 70's but with the humidity it feels so much worse... and no A/C until late in May... Ugggg... The weekend did look nice, but I guess that magic line shifted and now looks sort of iffy... Next week looks pretty lousy with lots of clouds and rain... I think I'll go out this weekend and look at portable air conditioners. And no, don't tell me, I know the Q sells them. Like I said, I think I'll go out and look...

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I can appreciate the drizzly and humid stuff you got....DS and I attended a Good Friday Easter event and it was outside....the weather was a little warm, but okay....and then it started to drizzle.....and then the sun came out....then it was like the sun's revenge---warm and soooooooo humid!!!! It reminded me of Florida, where they get those ocean thunderstorms in the afternoon and it cools down a bit, and then the humidity comes back with a vengeance. But thankfully we actually got the cool front that they've been talking about...and it's so nice and cool this morning...{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}. Hope your weather gets better.....

About those portable air conditioners....one time we had a miserable summer, and it was a holiday weekend and my central air went out.....(I think it was the 4th of July) and the repairman had to order a part that wouldn't arrive until Monday because of the holiday and all, so he offered me an A/C window unit to tide me over....let me tell you, I think that thing worked better than my central A/C..{#emotions_dlg.laugh}. The guy did get the part and make the repairs.....But A/C is a definite NECESSITY!!! God Bless the person that invited it...{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} So good luck with your A/C shopping and no I would NEVER EVER recommend that you buy an appliance from QVC.....Wink

Honored Contributor

Actually, yesterday turned off so cool and blustery, I decided to give the portable A/C a pass, for now...

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Not sure they're even out yet in the stores anyway... but I'll keep my eyes peeled. I cannot abide rainy, dank, drizzly, steamy, humid miserable weather.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 4/5/2015 stevieb said:

Actually, yesterday turned off so cool and blustery, I decided to give the portable A/C a pass, for now...

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Not sure they're even out yet in the stores anyway... but I'll keep my eyes peeled. I cannot abide rainy, dank, drizzly, steamy, humid miserable weather.

Hopefully your weather stays cool and A/C is not needed for a loooooooooong time.....

I also do not abide heat, humid or steamy or drizzly either and early this morning it was cool, but it wasn't even quite what you would call drizzly---it's what my friend's grandson calls "the clouds are spittin'" ...but it cleared up and turned out to be a pleasant day here....

Hope you had a Happy Easter!!!