Contributor

Having been on both sides of retail, corporate and store level, yes retailers are hurting.  They have cancelled some new summer orders, adjusted fall orders, taken markdowns on current inventory and will mark up any new deliveries to try and recapture some of the lost sales in the past few months.  Now is the time to purchase any spring product as they are heavily markedown. As far as QVC price increases, this is why we have the option to shop where it fits our budget.  From the off-price discounters all the way up to Lux 5th Avenue boutiques/department stores.  Something for everyone!

Honored Contributor

Re: SO MUCH WRONG LATELY!

[ Edited ]

I have no real complaints here.  Some items have taken longer now but I have had more issues with Amazon and  Walmart.  In all the years I've shopped here I only have had to return 2 damaged items with no problems and have exchanged 3 clothing items for different sizes - again with no issues.  Prices are going up everywhere because prices of supplies to produce  products is going up - and that is everywhere.  

Maybe I'm just lucky or possibly less picky than some.  I like well fitting clothing and am usually able to judge sizing for fit.  Never liked shopping B & M stores and very rarely tried anything on so often had to return so much making an extra trip to do so.  Just do what works best for you.

When things open up businesses will not be able to stop rising prices to stay in business so be prepared. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I do not order much from QVC anymore....I have one auto ship that is always sent in a timely manner.  Thankfully when I do order something I have not had to return it. Hearing about all the problems keeps me from ordering anything from QVC ....looks like they have NO customer service anymore. That is a bad sign!👎

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I do not order much from QVC anymore....I have one auto ship that is always sent in a timely manner.  Thankfully when I do order something I have not had to return it. Hearing about all the problems keeps me from ordering anything from QVC ....looks like they have NO customer service anymore. That is a bad sign!👎

I feel the same way. I have several things I want to order but all the complaints and problems (in several forums) is keeping me from doing so. 

Honored Contributor

It's taken many years but there are some products I simply will not buy any longer.  Food is one of them.  Shoes are another because of sizing.  I've written about it before because it's so odd.... I'm an off the rack 9M.  No foot problems and I'm the one that can buy the sale stuff they stick in a bin in the middle of the store!  But not with QVC.  I've returned more shoes that 'should have fit' and didn't that it's really something that shouldn't have happened. And QVC is reluctant to pay for return shipping so I've eaten a lot of shipping costs.  One day I decided that I wouldn't do that to myself any more, and I haven't.

I also rarely buy clothing.  Yes, the prices have gone skyward, but it's the fit and quality that have me returning things.  It's just that it's such a pain to deal with a return and that usually stops me from even buying. 

I still buy things and I've been happy for the most part unless the item is defective (just happened to me with a Patricia Nash bag) and if I ever see my refund I'll find out if they consider the item defective as I do.....  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Ive ordered a couple of D&C t-shirts....I was surprised at how quickly one of them was delivered.....The others are delayed but I wasnt in a hurry for them....just nice tops for summer which hasnt officially started yet....With whats going on in the shipping/delivery services with the pandemic I am being patient with my QVC deliveries....But I was shocked when an item I just ordered from JPC was already on its way...And then  reading about others with bad experiences from Walmart here on the Forums, I guess it depends on what plans the company has put in place regarding their warehousing and shipping....some have done better than others....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I have not had any problems with shipments from QVC - 

Respected Contributor

QVC will survive, or go away like some of the other retailers whose business models don't fit today's shopping preferences.  I sometimes shop QVC if they have the best price/value.  It's becoming rare for them to carry anything that is unique to the market.  I don't watch very many QVC presentations on tv.  That constant sales chatter annoys me. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SO MUCH WRONG LATELY!

[ Edited ]

@Catch71 wrote:

@hippiechick7897 

I hate spending money to return clothes.  And the exchange policy only works if they have the color and size you need.  Many times they are sold out so you are out the shipping costs.  I rarely order clothing from Q for that reason.  I know Susan Graver prices have really gone up, but I know my size in her pants and they always fit.  Just hate the high prices for her clothes.

@Catch71 - If you request an exchange and the size/style/color you want to trade for is not in stock when your request is received, the policy is that you get a full refund of the amount you paid and you are not charged for the return label (because now you have no product). If you do not get a proper refund, email QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com for assistance; the team is very helpful in addressing these issues.

Respected Contributor

@loriqvc 

Wow; thanks, I did not know that!!