Super Contributor

I watch QVC fairly regularly, to get away from the doom & gloom on the news sometimes.  The range of products, especially in fashion, has improved immensely, but the PRICES!!!  Everything is going up in price, but really!  Then to add salt to the wound, the service is atrocious.  Ive been sent 2 of a few items, in separate bags, so double shipping costs, arriving in the same day!  Clearance items are often faulty, eg shoes are the wrong size in the right size box, so I send them back, but have to call Customer service, waiting on hold forever.  They say I wont be charged, but it often means a second call to tell them Ive been charged anyway, brands Ive worn for years are sized differently, so more returns needed.  Ive never had to return so many items as I do at the moment. 

Before raising the prices, first raise the service level.  Today I saw a LOGO shirt at almost $100!  ANYBODY & CUDDLEDUDS have increased to almost double in price too!  Once I can get to the shops again, I'll be shopping less at QVC.  We're in a recession, people are out of work in their millions, yet this is what's happening.  Please stop! 

Respected Contributor

No problems for me!

All my packages have been delivered in a timely fashion, and all items were correct.

I try not to buy things that I might consider returning.  I shop for clothes from most of the vendors that I am familiar with so I know how the outfits will fit.

For me, the prices are very similar to all the department stores in my area.

Shopping at QVC is a choice that those of us with disposable incomes have the pleasure to do!

Honored Contributor

All department stores have always had some lines more expensive than others.  If prices there are beyond your budget, you're shopping in the wrong area.  Doesn't mean other shoppers can't afford the elevated prices.  That's just business and commerce.

I'm predicting a big surge in prices when this crisis is over, if not before.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

If people are out of work I don't think shopping on QVC or otherwise is advisable. Just wear what you have. 

Valued Contributor
The size discrepancies drive me nuts. I ordered 2 different sizes in two different colors of the NYDJ capris that were a TSV a few weeks ago because I wasn’t sure what size to go with.

They were all too big so I sent them back.

Thought on it a bit and decided to reorder in a different color in one size smaller than the smallest size I had originally ordered.

Couldn’t even get them over my hips. So back they go now too.

Essentially I just paid $20 to try on 5 pairs of jeans.
Valued Contributor
I've been reading so many posts here complaining about QVC and was feeling very fortunate that my orders were arriving in a timely manner and I have seldom not loved the merchandise I've received. Well not so much anymore. Some items are still shipping promptly but I have 2 items that were ordered almost 4 wks ago that are still "in process" and I got an email today that an item I was so hoping would be one of the prompt ones is also now delayed. I, like so many others, am stepping away for the time being. I love QVC but It's too frustrating to keep ordering and not know when or if I will receive my merchandise.
Honored Contributor

@CABRIT wrote:

I always price shop before buying anything from Q.  I've found that 90% of what Q sells can be found elsewhere for less. Most other retailers offer promotion codes, free shipping, and good sale prices.  I also like to shop with retailers that offer free returns or have local stores where I can return items.  

Respected Contributor

@CalminHeart 

I'm with you; hate to pay for returns of clothing.  Unfortunately, during these times the stores I normally return to in person are closed and I am forced to return by mail and pay.  I decided to stop shopping online for clothing until the stores reopen.  Its not like I have nothing to wear!  Some things also just have to be tried on; bras, bathing suits, jeans for the most part.  For those items I shop in person and try on in store.

Respected Contributor

@hippiechick7897 

I hate spending money to return clothes.  And the exchange policy only works if they have the color and size you need.  Many times they are sold out so you are out the shipping costs.  I rarely order clothing from Q for that reason.  I know Susan Graver prices have really gone up, but I know my size in her pants and they always fit.  Just hate the high prices for her clothes.

Respected Contributor

I shop on line as the Brick and Mortar stores I liked are closed. No JC Penny, Bon Ton chain closed etc. Kohls is left. Shipping takes longer for most stores. I usually am safe with sizes as generic allows some give. I am retired so just buy casual comfortable clothes. Highlight of my day is a trip to the dog park to walk a mile.

As far as prices a three pound chub of ground beef doubled in price.  $20.00 plus. I could go on. Not everyone is out of work. I was unemployed in 2008 and even the UPS man commented as why nondeliveries? I paid my min. bills and sometimes ate beans and rice. I did not shop. 

On top of that complaints about China goods so add more to the outsourcing of manufacturing. I think S.A.,Goodwill and other thrift stores will be visited. We have three in our small town.  Hang on higher prices coming.