Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOES, SHOES, SHOES, FASHION, A CHEER, AND WRINKLES!!!!

Christmas Day was in the 40's and raining. I don't mind that it didn't snow. After last year, I've had all the snow I can handle. So far this year, we've just had some flurries, just a dusting of snow earlier this month.

My husband and I didn't exchange presents; we haven't done so for a few years. I had to work Christmas Day (time and a half), but got home about 3:00. My husband and I spent the rest of the day watching specials on the History Channel, and just relaxing. It was a nice day. Then I was off work Friday, this Saturday and Sunday.

For some reason Pantone reminds me of Pantene hair products. I thought that Marsala was a type of Italian food, like marsala chicken. Never knew it was an actual color. Although it is quite pretty. Maybe I should color my nails that shade instead of the neutral gray I sometimes use.

I hope everyone had a good Christmas and will have a happy New Year.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

On 12/26/2014 CalmInTheHeart said:

I love the Isaac cat!! And your weekend update is spot on..... Too bad Q's weekend is spot off!

Hi Calmin.....I actually think QVC is trying to develop the ultimate cure for insomnia...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 12/26/2014 maryebrown said:
On 12/26/2014 stevieb said:

{#emotions_dlg.crying}

Not a single flashlight on the horizon... Whatever will we do...?

I must admit that the "pre-programmed" shows on Christmas were very refreshing! The Willie Nelson, Dolly Parton, and Barry Manilow "concerts" were a hoot to watch...Train, not so much (DH said they were awful, & I agree! I would NEVER pay to see them at a venue, to me/us they are simply Studio Musicians). Their songs are too similar and, frankly, boring. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Yes, there's NO hope on the Q's Horizon (except that The Marm won't be back until January 12th, I think that's when she said Smile). The frenetic PACE that the hosts have showed today, on air, indicate they are on a SUGAR HIGH ! They need to calm down, especially Albany who really overthought/OVERTALKED George Simonton during his show at 1 p.m.She never knows when to shut up...let The Master speak, please ! I enjoy his descriptions of the material, how/why he designed it, chose it, etc., but her constant chatter was very disruptive and not necessary! His garments and his selling them would be a sell-out, if she was not constantly interjecting her thoughts/sales spiel/ to the point of a train wreck....which, George avoided, and he reeled her in during the second half of the show. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} His shows are so infrequent, like LD'O's, and they should be a Joy to watch without some of the Hosts who can't let Them shine, due to their constant incessant chatter. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Let us ALL hope/pray she (Albany) doesn't do a stint during PMStyle, on Mondays, as a possible replacement for Lisa. Now THAT would truly be a disaster.... {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

SPURT, Thx for the Update (warning) ! As always, I appreciate it (and your posts always give me reason to do other things during the weekends). {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} LOVE your animal pics, they are adorable, and your posts are SPOT ON! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Hi Maryebrown....glad you like the animal pics....

I made the mistake of having the Q on in the background while I tidied up and took care of some last minute details for Christmas Eve and I was curious about the Silver Jewelry Show and comparing the prices to one of our local artisans here....I was shocked to see THE MARM all dolled up and she was unusually cheerful (I call her Sybil---because she can be happy and upbeat or cranky and bossy).....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}. Oh yes she must have mentioned about her family going on vacation numerous times.....and went on and on how she helped design this jewelry piece and that one.....{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}. Wonder with the glam makeup and all if she is vying and dying to take over some of the more glam jewelry presentations that were Lisa's.......

Oh Albany....what can I say...I think she and JRT could compete for Guiness for talking the fastest.....{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}. And I know how you felt about the George Simonton Show....you want to hear George described the details about each of his clothing items and Albany is ranting on and on about NOTHING!!! I do own a coupe of George's items myself. A similar thing happened to me with a host and vendor....Courtney THE ALL ABOUT ME VALLEY GIRL ruined a rare appearance by Jim Shore for me......{#emotions_dlg.angry}. Some of these hosts need to learn to BE QUIET and let some of the more knowledgeable and entertaining vendors speak!!! And QVC seems to have a trend on hiring HYPER hosts!!!!

There is a looooooooooooooooong list of hosts that I definitely do NOT want to appear as host for PM Style....that should speak volumes to QVC, but they just don't get anything the customers want and don't want these days!!!!.....{#emotions_dlg.glare}

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 12/26/2014 MJDinHawaii said: Great preview, Spurt! Love the kitty and puppy pix especially that Westie with the cute pink tennies. I'll refrain from watching this weekend (may even avoid the Items Recently Aired based on the line up), otherwise I may run out of the room with my hair on fire!

Hi MJD how are ya.....fashions aren't too bad.....but yep I run out of the room when the Pole Dancer and Bag Lady appear....but Sunday is just another boring day with another round of beauty (like they don't have enough beauty shows)......and they will be sloshing those honey bells all over themselves.....Thank the Good Lord that the NFL provides a much more entertaining alternative....and when the NFL season ends....there are certainly more fun things to do on the weekends than watching the Q's dreadful offerings......

Glad you like the Westie.....btw does your dog own shoes/tennies? Wink

Honored Contributor

On 12/26/2014 katiescarlett said:

I'm simply SHOCKED, Katie Scarlett... You mean you haven't already painted your barn in the new Pantone color of the year...? What on earth are you waiting for? Tsk, tsk, tsk... Barn fashionistas everywhere are very disappointed...

Well, I did not find out until today! and it is not chic to start using the new pantone color of the year until after Dec. 31.{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} Sort of like wearing white after Labor Day.

It makes me wonder, do you think on New Year's when the clock strikes 12 will the hosts and vendors all appear in MARSALA....products included???????????

Honored Contributor

On 12/27/2014 jGalt said: If QVC replaces their models with yours, I will definitely start watching their shows again.

Hi jGalt....

yep QVC doesn't realize that animals would help keep people tuning in and would help sell their products....{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Think about that promo with Dan Hughes sheep that was very popular.....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

On 12/27/2014 jackthebear said:
On 12/26/2014 katiescarlett said:

I'm simply SHOCKED, Katie Scarlett... You mean you haven't already painted your barn in the new Pantone color of the year...? What on earth are you waiting for? Tsk, tsk, tsk... Barn fashionistas everywhere are very disappointed...

Well, I did not find out until today! and it is not chic to start using the new pantone color of the year until after Dec. 31.{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} Sort of like wearing white after Labor Day.

Actually not to derail the fun but Sephora's Marsala colors are quite lovely

The pantone colors can be very pretty and very nice.....

but my beef is:

1. How did THEY get to be the ones that picked the "official" color ---shouldn't it be put to a popular vote?

2. The QVC hosts just beat this sales gimmick to death and it becomes just downright annoying....they use it on everything from phone chargers to flashlights, to scarfs, handbags, shoes, jewelry and even Kitchen Aid mixers.....

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

On 12/27/2014 CalmInTheHeart said:
On 12/26/2014 jackthebear said:

OK,

please tell me that is not a real picture of DV and a real doll, it is just photoshopped....

Scary, isn't it!

I think ALL the host should have a look a like doll....{#emotions_dlg.lol}{#emotions_dlg.lol}. It would make their programming a bit more entertaining...{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

On 12/27/2014 circles said:

Love the grey kitty with the red high heels....so stylish....good "pop of color" against the fur coat....

I am all for the DV doll....I have a family member who watches him every week....if the doll became available...I will surely order it sent to his house....I know he would get a kick out it...

I received the complete set of the I Love Lucy shows....I will be watching those...not the Q...

Thanks for our weekend review, SPURT....another good job of pix and explanations...

Happy New Years to everyone....

Hi circles...well that kitty has to be a fashionista using that POP OF COLOR!!!!

Oh I bet not just your family member but ALL the foodies would just love love love that doll.....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Oh I just LOVE those I Love Lucy Shows, I have the boxed set too, but everyone keeps borrowing it from me....so I have to watch the reruns on the Memorable TV Channel and Hallmark...

And a very Happy New Year to you and yours....

Honored Contributor

On 12/27/2014 teganslaw said:

Christmas Day was in the 40's and raining. I don't mind that it didn't snow. After last year, I've had all the snow I can handle. So far this year, we've just had some flurries, just a dusting of snow earlier this month.

My husband and I didn't exchange presents; we haven't done so for a few years. I had to work Christmas Day (time and a half), but got home about 3:00. My husband and I spent the rest of the day watching specials on the History Channel, and just relaxing. It was a nice day. Then I was off work Friday, this Saturday and Sunday.

For some reason Pantone reminds me of Pantene hair products. I thought that Marsala was a type of Italian food, like marsala chicken. Never knew it was an actual color. Although it is quite pretty. Maybe I should color my nails that shade instead of the neutral gray I sometimes use.

I hope everyone had a good Christmas and will have a happy New Year.

Hi TEGAN!!!!

Now cold and raining is not one of my favorites......I have relatives that live up north and they get sick and tired of snow too....When I woke up Christmas Day and checked the weather we had a freeze and the grass and sidewalk had frost on them.....as did all the cars on the street....I think that is as close to a white Christmas as we will get.....{#emotions_dlg.laugh} But it sure warmed up really fast.....to warm for Christmas....normally its colder than that!

Sorry you had to work, but yes the money is good. And glad you had a relaxing and enjoyable day. And hey you got a nice long weekend too!!! I remember my mom's cousin enjoyed working Christmas, she worked at one of the military bases in the computer section, and she said she would put the radio on to the station that played Christmas music and sang along and rather enjoyed it and said it gave her a chance to relax ....and then when she got off in the early evening then she joined in the family Christmas celebrations.

One of the hosts said that the way she remembered the color of the year was she thought of Chicken Marsala....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}. I think Pantone calls it Marsala because it's a wine color and there is wine in the chicken dish.......but I have friends that are really into wine and so I heard of Marsala wine......but I never heard of Marsala described as a fashion COLOR either{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

So are you ready for the Colts in the playoffs? I saw where Andrew was selected to the Pro-Bowl.....

Have a great New Year.....