Valued Contributor

Re: SHOES, SHOES, SHOES, FASHION, A CHEER, AND WRINKLES!!!!

On 1/2/2015 SPURT said:

Boy I was shocked when I turned on my TV this morning.....QVC was NOT there!!!! Now this could be perceived as a blessing in disguise, but it seems that my cable system has been busy over the holidays re-aligning channels......no notice of such when I went online to pay my bill......just that my bill was going up $9 and adding a couple of channels.....But LO and BEHOLD upon further inspection, they had just moved the QVC channel closer to HSN.....and added QVC PLUS and QVC HD......{#emotions_dlg.glare} All this added fuss and added technology for so little to watch....{#emotions_dlg.sneaky}

Hey Stevie.....I went over to some friends and watched football New Year's Day and I don't know about you but I was tickled and delighted that a certain QB from a certain college got BEAT rather handedly.....{#emotions_dlg.devil2} Maybe he will go to a supermarket and pick up some crab legs (literally) to drown his sorrows....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}Wink. Of course in another game.....that was ruined by the appearance of alumni none other than the so called QB of my team of Indigenous People.....{#emotions_dlg.glare} Perhaps I should have gone to the game and held up a sign urging him to GO BACK TO WACO!!!! It looks like we are stuck with "the third" because frankly there are few options at QB these days and LOTS of teams that need a decent one......My only hope is that Gruden gives Colt a chance....NUFF SAID!

And oh Stevie, don't get too excited about the Gem Stone Shows....because it seems that David M has a one track mind, and one country mind as the gemstones will come from Italy..when I was checking out the new QVCHD Channel I heard a bit of the promo which I think said it was GRAZIANO GEMSTONES......I can hear it now, "gemstones beautifully set in bronzo by Italian craftsman".....{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} At least that is what I think I heard, but with QVC these days I don't pay much attention.....

Haha, I remember when they used to give the number of grams in their jewelry, not any more because they probably don't want to shock us with how little gold and silver is really in their "fine" jewelry now. I do miss the Silver Style show on Sunday morning!

By the way, this was a shocker, I returned something to the other channel, dropped it at the post office Tuesday afternoon, got a confirmation Wed. morning that the return was being processed. WOW, that was fast!{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

I looked up the reviews of the fitbit on the other channel and it had a lot of negative reviews from people who said it kept falling off their wrist, several of whom who lost theirs. I am going to be practicing austerity for a while, I have to pay my property taxes, and want to build up my savings for the eventuality of having to replace my 30 yr old refrigerator or some other major appliance due to their sheer age (all 22 yrs, the same age as my house, except for the washer), and ultimately a new roof. Plus spring shots for the horses and dental exams for them, and a new round of dog and cat annual vet visits. Plus the horseshoer. I have decided I needed to marry a veterinarian.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Honored Contributor

On 12/31/2014 stevieb said:

I've actually been watching a good bit of JTV and SHQ... Granted, the production values aren't great and the hosts aren't either, but then, QVC's hosts are nothing to write home about these days either... Besides, QVC has just become utterly and completely unwatchable, and HSN is no better... I haven't bought anything from JTV recently, but I'm sure I will... Meanwhile, I spent several hundred dollars this week via home shopping... Yes, I sure did... but unfortunately it was spent at SHQ... They were showing Tiffany style lamps last night, and lots of jewelry recently and they had some great handbags on a REAL sale... and so THEY and NOT QVC got my shopping dollars... As long as QVC insists in persisting to show the same BORING merchandise over and over, someone is going to benefit... I simply am NOT interested in mattresses, blenders, coffee makers or computers but I am interested in decorative objects for my home, jewelry, handbags and so on... Oh and as for the jewelry shows on Q this week... Well, sorry Q, too little and too late, and besides it looks to be the same old - same old... And incidentally, rolling out that buyer just means I turn to the competition THAT much sooner... He's not personable and he doesn't entice me to buy a darned thing!

Oh yes, remember when the Q offered Tiffany Style lamps......enjoy your handbags and jewelry....share the purchases you bought with Mikie, I'm sure he'd appreciate it...{#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Now Stevie....I checked ShopHQ's website and what was their Today's Top Value ....it was A MOP!!!!! and today.....A TABLET.....you tricked me into thinking there was actually a viable and decent Shopping Channel out there....{#emotions_dlg.angry}

All David M does is give me nightmares!!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 1/1/2015 GinaV24 said:
On 12/30/2014 stevieb said:

As for Bronzo, I agree, there are pieces of it that are quite nice. I got a bracelet recently that I really like... though I think they really lack any truly appealing rings (my weakness) and I agree Gina, I like the 'chunky' nature of some of the pieces... Overall, I agree with Spurt too. The issue isn't that they sell it but that they price it as... and try to pass it of as... "fine" jewelry, which it isn't. And also that they seem to feature it and lower end gemstones as the sum total of their jewelry offerings... I'm watching more and more JTV (as annoying as it too can be... Oy, those hosts...) as QVC becomes more and more awful and unwatchable and features fewer and fewer jewelry pieces worth seeing.

As for Jayne, yep, I saw the thread paying homage to her and all I can think is that they must largely be the same ladies... that couldn't abide Lisa and now feel they have to see a silver lining, whether there actually is one or not. There isn't... and it certainly wasn't Jayne... Like I said earlier, she just comes across to me as intrinsically tense and sort of a cold fish... I've seen her do a good job, but don't see her as the 'solution' to the PM Style vacancy. Unless I miss my guess, and I could very easily... PM Style will ultimately be Shawn's and she'll either work a four hour shift to continue with Issac or someone else will take over the Monday Issac show and Shawn will continue with the other weekly IM show... Jane Treacy actually was kind of fun with Issac last night and even he seemed to enjoy it, and he also seems to like working with Sandra, who I can personally take or leave.

Stevie and Spurt, I consider it false advertising on Q with their bronzo and nuovo lines. They "sell" it and price it as if it is fine jewelry - none of the other shopping networks do that. I am not a fan of Jayne - I don't watch FE any more unless she's on vacation. The overwhelming bossiness is a total turnoff. The whole JTV deal is hit or miss for me. I do like that they have gemstones which as Stevie noted have gone missing from Q unless they are offered at ridiculous prices but I have a limited tolerance for some of their programming. Of course I feel that way about Q, HSN & Shop, too.

Steve, I agree with you on not watching Q - I was shocked to see a gold show and I did watch part of that before I went to sleep last night but I didn't buy anything. I saw the tiffany style shows on HQ but I didn't need anything so I passed on that, too.

I'm not buying the fitbit that Q is selling today either - if I'm going to buy one of those I want the "new" version. I'm probably going to hold out for the one with the heart rate tracker.

Hi Gina....I don't get it....these Shopping Channels have a big advantage over other online retailers in that they get to show and demonstrate their products which gives them an added dimension that the others don't have....but INSTEAD they seem to be on a mission to BORE THE VIEWER/POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS!!!

As for the jewelry.....I love the way the QVC hosts and vendors tap dance around the issue of resin filled and bronzo and their sales gimmicks...."it makes it stronger, "it won't dent", "we had to do do it to give you jewelry that will last longer"....POPPY(you know what)!!! In the past I have purchased some lovely REAL GOLD pieces that are still going strong despite the fact I wear them all the time....no dents, no peeling.....just beautiful!!!! And as for gemstones all the Q seems to bring us is drusy and black spinel.....the rest are called "gemstones" but they are fake stuff....why you don't not even see so much as real amethyst, blue topaz, or peridot....like they used to and I don't think the mines that have these gems HAVE NOT BEEN CLOSED LIKE THE SLEEPING BEAUTY MINE!!!!!And I'm not even mentioning the more exotic gems they used to have like Apatite.....that they used to have! Q seems to use their "buying power" (cough cough) for Italy only...and once they show a style like they open work ring...or byzantine style that pretty much takes over all their jewelry across the board....like the circle jewelry that was a fad a couple years ago....again NO VARIETY!!!! And yes it is a theme at QVC!!!

There have been numerous threads about FE and what a disaster it has become....I seldom watch anymore...they don't give many clothing details....except for Pat with each color, and "it's available in extra extra small through 3X"....is that necessary, the only show that does it....and what people are asking for is MEASUREMENTS!

As for the Fit Bit....I think it provides good motivation, and a way to record your activities ....it's a reminder to STAY ACTIVE and eat healthier. I think people would be better off buying the Fit Bit elsewhere where they can ask questions and if they have a problem can easily return it....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 1/2/2015 katiescarlett said:
On 1/2/2015 SPURT said:

Boy I was shocked when I turned on my TV this morning.....QVC was NOT there!!!! Now this could be perceived as a blessing in disguise, but it seems that my cable system has been busy over the holidays re-aligning channels......no notice of such when I went online to pay my bill......just that my bill was going up $9 and adding a couple of channels.....But LO and BEHOLD upon further inspection, they had just moved the QVC channel closer to HSN.....and added QVC PLUS and QVC HD......{#emotions_dlg.glare} All this added fuss and added technology for so little to watch....{#emotions_dlg.sneaky}

Hey Stevie.....I went over to some friends and watched football New Year's Day and I don't know about you but I was tickled and delighted that a certain QB from a certain college got BEAT rather handedly.....{#emotions_dlg.devil2} Maybe he will go to a supermarket and pick up some crab legs (literally) to drown his sorrows....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}Wink. Of course in another game.....that was ruined by the appearance of alumni none other than the so called QB of my team of Indigenous People.....{#emotions_dlg.glare} Perhaps I should have gone to the game and held up a sign urging him to GO BACK TO WACO!!!! It looks like we are stuck with "the third" because frankly there are few options at QB these days and LOTS of teams that need a decent one......My only hope is that Gruden gives Colt a chance....NUFF SAID!

And oh Stevie, don't get too excited about the Gem Stone Shows....because it seems that David M has a one track mind, and one country mind as the gemstones will come from Italy..when I was checking out the new QVCHD Channel I heard a bit of the promo which I think said it was GRAZIANO GEMSTONES......I can hear it now, "gemstones beautifully set in bronzo by Italian craftsman".....{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} At least that is what I think I heard, but with QVC these days I don't pay much attention.....

Haha, I remember when they used to give the number of grams in their jewelry, not any more because they probably don't want to shock us with how little gold and silver is really in their "fine" jewelry now. I do miss the Silver Style show on Sunday morning!

By the way, this was a shocker, I returned something to the other channel, dropped it at the post office Tuesday afternoon, got a confirmation Wed. morning that the return was being processed. WOW, that was fast!{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

I looked up the reviews of the fitbit on the other channel and it had a lot of negative reviews from people who said it kept falling off their wrist, several of whom who lost theirs. I am going to be practicing austerity for a while, I have to pay my property taxes, and want to build up my savings for the eventuality of having to replace my 30 yr old refrigerator or some other major appliance due to their sheer age (all 22 yrs, the same age as my house, except for the washer), and ultimately a new roof. Plus spring shots for the horses and dental exams for them, and a new round of dog and cat annual vet visits. Plus the horseshoer. I have decided I needed to marry a veterinarian.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Hey Katie.....yep, that is an EXCELLENT New Year's Resolution you've come up with....for

you to marry a veterinarian...{#emotions_dlg.lol} Think of the money you'll save!!! Girl get busy!!! Wink

Yes isn't it interesting that QVC leaves out gram weight...just a little important detail like that...I wish a caller would ask that question...

Oh yes...I know all about appliances that are getting old...and saving for that rainy day when you are going to be forced to shop for new ones....that can put a dent in the ole budget....And as far as property taxes....although we don't have a State income tax, I think they make up for it with our property tax rates....{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

WOW...so you got your refund in a couple days with Q's competitor...while I had to wait over 30 to get a refund for Q's mistake when I never got my purchase instead they sent me someone else's order..... {#emotions_dlg.angry}

Honored Contributor

On 1/3/2015 SPURT said:
On 12/31/2014 stevieb said:

I've actually been watching a good bit of JTV and SHQ... Granted, the production values aren't great and the hosts aren't either, but then, QVC's hosts are nothing to write home about these days either... Besides, QVC has just become utterly and completely unwatchable, and HSN is no better... I haven't bought anything from JTV recently, but I'm sure I will... Meanwhile, I spent several hundred dollars this week via home shopping... Yes, I sure did... but unfortunately it was spent at SHQ... They were showing Tiffany style lamps last night, and lots of jewelry recently and they had some great handbags on a REAL sale... and so THEY and NOT QVC got my shopping dollars... As long as QVC insists in persisting to show the same BORING merchandise over and over, someone is going to benefit... I simply am NOT interested in mattresses, blenders, coffee makers or computers but I am interested in decorative objects for my home, jewelry, handbags and so on... Oh and as for the jewelry shows on Q this week... Well, sorry Q, too little and too late, and besides it looks to be the same old - same old... And incidentally, rolling out that buyer just means I turn to the competition THAT much sooner... He's not personable and he doesn't entice me to buy a darned thing!

Oh yes, remember when the Q offered Tiffany Style lamps......enjoy your handbags and jewelry....share the purchases you bought with Mikie, I'm sure he'd appreciate it...{#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Now Stevie....I checked ShopHQ's website and what was their Today's Top Value ....it was A MOP!!!!! and today.....A TABLET.....you tricked me into thinking there was actually a viable and decent Shopping Channel out there....{#emotions_dlg.angry}

All David M does is give me nightmares!!!!

Get real. None of them is going to deviate TOO far from the others, but hey, when was the last time QVC even presented a Tiffany style lamp, much less had one as a TSV? Moreover, when was the last time QVC actually had a REAL sale...? SHQ also featured Israeli jewelry the other day, along with a pretty TSV... So they offered a mop and a pad, and they get stuck on watches, at least it isn't a pad, a computer, or a blender every darned day! Say what you will, and I'm hardly enamored of any of them anymore, but I'm pretty much completely done with this one! They just NEVER have anything on-air worth seeing anymore... And I'm sorry, but this six to eight hours of a freakin' blender nonsense just crosses the line one too many times...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...