Frequent Contributor

Ordered a top on 07/06/2020

Showed it was shipped.

No updates re shipping

Received it 2 days ago, 07/15/2020

Received an email that it will be delayed.

Go figure.   

Contributor

Shipping has become such a mess that I will not be using QVC.  How is it that Amazon seems to be able to handle their volume when QVC can't????  

Honored Contributor

I ordered a shirt on Wednesday and it shipped from the Bethlehem warehouse on Thursday.  Thankfully, it didn't go to the Bridgeport, NJ postal distribution center.  I may actually receive it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

yes Bridgeport post office seems to be a major bottleneck

Valued Contributor

@Mi47 wrote:

Ordered a top on 07/06/2020

Showed it was shipped.

No updates re shipping

Received it 2 days ago, 07/15/2020

Received an email that it will be delayed.

Go figure.   

I also ordered something on 7/6 and received it today. It was a piece of jewelry so there was no rush. I'm not ordering anything else unless there is free shipping-paying shipping on an item that takes over 2 weeks to arrive is ridiculous. I could have walked to QVC to pick it up in less time!

Honored Contributor

I had an order from another company that I had received and put away in my cupboard and my account on their website still said it was "preparing to ship".

My UPS and USPS email delivery updates have been screwed up for the last couple of weeks.  Something is due to arrive, then it's not, then it is, and I get it before the tracking updates itself.

Frequent Contributor

That's nothing!  I JUST THIS MINUTE checked an Etsy order.  It either shipped 7/16 from NC or SC (store says SC, tracking says NC).  Anyway it is now in Missouri.  I live in NC!!!

Please someone explain that.

Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Just read the reason for the delays is USPS has had 12,000 employees out sick with Covid-19 in the past months.  They have had to hire part time to fill in for them.

Honored Contributor

I heard on the news last night that the USPS has eliminated overtime and told employee to get over the idea they must make fast deliveries.  They said to count on extra time to get mail.  Ye gad, how long will it take now?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@w2orjetdoc  Maybe because they earn as much as QVC is worth by selling the Prime fee and their iCloud services?   QVC is a small company compared to them.