Respected Contributor

If hosts want to share personal info about themselves, sure. I think that posting pictures, health info and other things about their children is unwise.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

@Shanus @that is qvc’s sales approach.  Just now extended to social media.  Not for me.  Never was.  I don’t buy because i relate to or like a host.  I buy because i want the product.  And i definitely will not buy if the host turns me off because i stop watching them.  But apparently lots of people grab onto the “i am like you, trust me, buy” approach.  

-------------------

Whether I watch a show depends almost entirely on the person hosting the show. There are really not many hosts that I will watch.

I will not watch a show hosted by someone that is does not use proper presentation skills - like shouting - or tells too many family stories or behaves like a  frenzied teenager. Watching them is just not a pleasant way to spend my time. I do a Q check every so often though....

Trusted Contributor

Do not care where Shawn is.  Also do not care that she is on vacation, eating donuts or seeing endless pictures of her daughter.  People share too many private things on social media.  I guess people today have to make sure everyone knows what they are doing at all times.  I could care less.

Regular Contributor

#right?  When was the last time you went into any brick and mortar store and had the sales person get personal and was interested in you as a friend. I guess I’m different, I prefer to shop, pay, and get on my way🤷🏼‍♀️  Q’s high shipping and rapidly declining quality has lead me to Amazon and back to the mall.❤️🙏🏻

Honored Contributor

@summergal1 wrote:

#right?  When was the last time you went into any brick and mortar store and had the sales person get personal and was interested in you as a friend. I guess I’m different, I prefer to shop, pay, and get on my way🤷🏼‍♀️  Q’s high shipping and rapidly declining quality has lead me to Amazon and back to the mall.❤️🙏🏻

@summergal1  Compared to the 3 minutes it takes to complete a sale in a b&m store maybe once a year and the time I may watch QVC in one month, there is a startling difference. Also, the sales person in the store barely utters a word.

Respected Contributor

It seems like she was on vacation just a few weeks ago.  Hope she enjoys herself.  IMO, she is on too much-over saturation as far as I am concerned.  I would like to see and hear more of the new hosts and less of the host mentioned here, the shoe host and the  other that is on too much, but I will be called unkind if I state what a bad voice that one has.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@K9buddy wrote:

Of course she must post about her vacations.  She’s afraid when she’s MIA she won’t be relevant anymore. Lol. 

Snarky much? 

Esteemed Contributor

@Naturesbeauty wrote:

@Diva on The Q wrote:

@pripirt wrote:

WHERE IS SHAWN?  NO ONE HAS SAID ANYTHING ABOUT HER LIKE SHE'S

ON VACATION.  i ASSUME SHE IS BUT IT WOULD BE NICE TO START THE SHOWS SHE NORMALLY DOES AND SAY SOMETHING.

Most people utilize facebook and instagram, so it's not always necessary to report every time a host is absent. It's common these days that if you're truly interested in their whereabouts, you'll follow them.

Not everyone ......utilizes Facebook & Instagram.

That's true I don't do social media    So no Facebook.

Respected Contributor

@Jinlei wrote:

Do not care where Shawn is.  Also do not care that she is on vacation, eating donuts or seeing endless pictures of her daughter.  People share too many private things on social media.  I guess people today have to make sure everyone knows what they are doing at all times.  I could care less.

Shouldn't that be I couldn't care less?

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Regular Contributor

Im with you.  I could care less about the hosts and their personal lives.  I used to really love to watch Amy Stran, but she is overdoing it with all the stories about Steve and her kids.  I know he is a stay at home dad for now.  That is not unique. There are alot of men who have made that choice.  I shop more on line than I ever did before on QVC