Honored Contributor

Re: SHARKS, SUPERHEROES, ITALY AND BRONZO! BRONZO! BRONZO!

Yes, Spurt. Although I honestly don't much care one way of the other, I really wish your boys well. I personally think they'll wrap it up sooner rather than later. With any luck the game will go quickly and you'll still be able to tune in and see all the kudos being heaped on the buyer, (moms better start presenting back braces soon...) while Lisa and the models recline on garden benches in the Italian countryside, sporting up-swept hair and fancy, expensive designer dresses to don and hawk costume jewelry...

{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I wish Lucky would help around the house like the cats in the photos. He doesn't even pick up his toys! A few years ago at Christmas I put a ribbon on my cat, Greta, (now at Rainbow Bridge), and she pouted for hours. I won't even try anything like that with Lucky. BTW, he looks like the cat that is being vacuumed.

I have to admit that one year I watched Lisa in Italy. The scenery was beautiful, and Lisa looked nice, but I wasn't too impressed with the jewelry, especially at those prices. Therefore, I ended up buying nothing.

At the risk of putting a curse on the team, I hope that the Spurs win the finals. I'm just tired of Sportscenter always talking about LeBron James. The Heat needs to be brought down a level or so; time for a new champion.

I don't know where you find those photos, but I always enjoy seeing them.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

On 6/13/2014 Cat From TN said:

You certainly make my weekend Spurt - unlike QVC!

Hi CAT From TN....

thank you for your kind comments....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 6/13/2014 maryebrown said:
On 6/13/2014 SPURT said:
On 6/12/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

"No kitty cats were hurt or humiliated in the preparation of this report". Cool

{#emotions_dlg.lol}......LOL.......

I don't know about the humiliated part though....a couple of them in the superhero costumes look a bit peeved....{#emotions_dlg.laugh} Espcecially the Tuxedo cat with the batman ears, that cat looks just like one of my kitties....her name is Puddin....and I know she would be mad as a hornet if I made her wear that get up....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

SPURT, I love the tuxedoed "Bat Cat" - he looks like our Miss Kitty's latest "suitor"! We call him Felix, and he seems to like it. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

He comes up on the porch, every night, to check out her bowl for dinner (of course, it's been eaten by her several hours before). But the preening she does for him, and his sly "courting" is comical.

Speaking of preening, Lisa's Vincenza shows are for 25 hours?? Yes, David M might have arm strain from all of his back-patting with his Finds from the Fair (didn't he do THAT last month?). By the time these goods (on advanced orders) are ready for shipment, Marco Polo could have made a modern day trip from Italy to replication in China, and to the Q warehouse! {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

I may just have to find your SPURS on DirectTv - certainly, the game will bring more excitement than watching Italian models in $5000 gowns wearing overpriced jewelry (not speaking a word and looking like statues)!

Of course, the less said about Saturday's (non)programming, the better! {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Hi Mary---Lisa will only be on for a few hours, so it's downright SCARY to think how the Q will fill in the remaining portion of the 25 hours......{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}. But I do admit I enjoy it from the standpoint that at least the portion in Italy give us something different especially on a WEEKEND that is definitely a reason to have a SMALL CELEBRATION {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} and the scenery is nice....And if the jewelry is bronzo junk at least you can note and comment on the gowns everyone will be wearing....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I do like the "bat cat" the facial expression is priceless {#emotions_dlg.laugh}..

That Felix sounds like a real gentlemen ......

You can find my Spurs on ABC on Sunday evening .... PLEASE do NOT jinx them....{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

OMG I turned on Saturday Beauty and Leah was really try to hard sell the BEAUTY SUPER HEROES thing....it was downright nauseating.....{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 6/13/2014 stevieb said:

Yes, Spurt. Although I honestly don't much care one way of the other, I really wish your boys well. I personally think they'll wrap it up sooner rather than later. With any luck the game will go quickly and you'll still be able to tune in and see all the kudos being heaped on the buyer, (moms better start presenting back braces soon...) while Lisa and the models recline on garden benches in the Italian countryside, sporting up-swept hair and fancy, expensive designer dresses to don and hawk costume jewelry...

{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

It's pretty sad to think that this is one of the FEW QVC highlights of the year, even considering the meager offerings that they will be hawking..... I do hope that Lisa will chose a gown that won't make her into a mermaid so she can actually sit down or move around a bit...{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

We have to win one more game, but sometimes my Spurs play well...Spurtty....I hope they get it done and wrap it up....Cool

Honored Contributor

On 6/14/2014 teganslaw said:

I wish Lucky would help around the house like the cats in the photos. He doesn't even pick up his toys! A few years ago at Christmas I put a ribbon on my cat, Greta, (now at Rainbow Bridge), and she pouted for hours. I won't even try anything like that with Lucky. BTW, he looks like the cat that is being vacuumed.

I have to admit that one year I watched Lisa in Italy. The scenery was beautiful, and Lisa looked nice, but I wasn't too impressed with the jewelry, especially at those prices. Therefore, I ended up buying nothing.

At the risk of putting a curse on the team, I hope that the Spurs win the finals. I'm just tired of Sportscenter always talking about LeBron James. The Heat needs to be brought down a level or so; time for a new champion.

I don't know where you find those photos, but I always enjoy seeing them.

Hey Teganslaw......Oh yes, my kitties do not like to dress up---not a ribbon, collar, or bow...nope. Now my sister's cat is weird and she has dressed her up for different occasions....but now even she is refusing to wear costumes---my sis tried to take a pic with her in an Easter Bonnet so she could make an Easter card, but she would not cooperate....She did wear a sombrero in honor of our Fiesta Celebration we have here...{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

If Lucky looks like the vacuum kitty then he is a very handsome fellow....

You think you're tired of LeBron James endless chatter, we Spurs fans are even MORE sick of it!!! {#emotions_dlg.angry}.....The commentators will say, "the Spurs play excellent team basketball, they do a great job of moving the ball and playing defense".....that's it, that was our MENTION then they go on and on and on about LeBron...{#emotions_dlg.mad} We have some pretty interesting players on our team if they would just give the audience a chance to know them. Thank you for your support and GO SPURS GO!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Can you believe it's only 50 days until the NFL preseason starts....{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Esteemed Contributor

Spurt, This is LOL material if there ever was!

Thanks for the laughs!

OMG

{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Honored Contributor

True enough, Spurt... Lisa's gotten to be like a broken record in those bustier bodice mermaid style gowns, often from Zunino... As the occasional costume, they're lovely, but not all the time... I recall a few years ago she had three lovely gowns, sort of an icy pale grey number (the cream of the crop, as far as I was concerned) a lime green, as I recall, sort of Grecian goddess number, and then closed out with a truly lovely Zunino mermaid style and they were all beautiful. Lately though, it seems all her 'special' attire is 'the formulal' and more times than not they make her look like a modified modern day Miss Kitty from Gunsmoke... Curves or not, I personally find the style rather dated no matter how much updating designers try to give it.

Honored Contributor

I've said it before and I'll say it again. My friend, straight from Italy, said Italian women would not be caught dead in bronze or gold coated resin except for very cheap costume jewelry.

Honored Contributor

Meanwhile, back in the USA, the Maxx appears intent on stealing the Q's thunder. I wasn't about to shop on QVC today (I have a Shark, been there, done that...) so I headed down to the Maxx where they had a slew of Dooney handbags at great prices (no, I didn't), a whole case of Paz jewelry also at great prices and a case of a new brand of rose gold covered silver at prices that were less than Bronzo... They also appear to have had a Michael Kors explosion in the handbag department. I couldn't believe how many they had... and again, no I didn't. I did, however, spring for a rose gold plated silver knot style pinky ring. Incidentally, it cost me under fifty bucks and, well, no shipping...