Honored Contributor

Re: SHAKE UP HOSTS AND SHOWS

[ Edited ]

I think the stale products make the shows stale.  All this host rearranging and new show titles doesn't make a real impact.  

Not fond of Amy as a host, and she was part of Monday's Fashion Night In already.  Would have enjoyed a real change like Katie McGee...someone new and refreshing....But it would still require new products to make a difference..... JMHO

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Shanus I hope you  know I always enjoy and respect your posts, but on this one we'll have to agree to disagree... For me (and that's all I'm saying...) for any host change to breathe new life into a show I'd first have to be able to tolerate that host... In the case of PMS, I can't... Beyond that, merely rearranging the chaos only goes so far when the merchandise, the format, the hard-sell and the too-long presentations of a single item format have all grown so incredibly stale... 

@stevieb  No offense taken. For me Amy was the lesser of two evils...and yes, Q has become almost as unbearable to watch as Y&R...We agree on that! 

Honored Contributor

I don't watch any host long enough to truly like or dislike them.  I am interested in the products and this is QVC's major problem.  Did they really spend an hour on Vitamix this morning??  There are thousands of products out there and on the QVC website that we never see.  I don't understand why these products aren't shown at least occasionally.  

Trusted Contributor

Can't watch Amy at all.....wish they would give newer host's a chance. Would like to see more of mary Beth and Jill. 

Trusted Contributor

I base the shows I will watch on my interests or products -- not the host.  I don't expect to be entertained.  I will not watch any presentations by a certain host, but that's my choice.  If a host is presenting shoes, I'm sure they are shoes chosen by QVC and not the personal preference of the host. 

Trusted Contributor

How about AM Style?  I thought I read here that there was going to be a host change, but I see LW is still hosting it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Equuleus wrote:

I base the shows I will watch on my interests or products -- not the host.  I don't expect to be entertained.  I will not watch any presentations by a certain host, but that's my choice.  If a host is presenting shoes, I'm sure they are shoes chosen by QVC and not the personal preference of the host

------------------

Me too - there are three hosts that I will not watch regardless of the items they are selling. I think all three have very poor presentation skills and their shows are very difficult to watch.

Honored Contributor

@dogsx3 wrote:

Can't watch Amy at all.....wish they would give newer host's a chance. Would like to see more of mary Beth and Jill. 

@dogsx3  It seems they take way too long training, pairing them up w/ older hosts during shows, 15 min. alone time on air to practice up. Just make believe they’re little birds. Kick them out of the nest. The best will fly, the others.....Oh well.

Esteemed Contributor

I never thought i would feel that way...but i feel the same way you do....................and i have three i feel the same way about.....no matter what the products are...i can always look later online if i really want to.............but daytime watching has definitely lessened for me these days due to host scheduling.............but i also think if i was in a B&M store and had an obnoxious sales person...i would avoid them too.....................

Honored Contributor

@Catch71 wrote:

@KingstonsMom

Oh please, I hope that isn't true.  I never care for the shoes Shawn wears so I hope she doesn't have much input!  A little too "out there" for me.

I agree, especially since she use to wear casual shoes in the past.  Now  she dresses like she is going to a cocktail party.