Respected Contributor

So very unattractive and adds 20 lbs on every person I saw it on. WHO gave this the OK as aTSV?? 

Respected Contributor

I agree.  I watched when Mary Beth had it on and she looked very balloonish.  

Honored Contributor

Any thick winter coat is going to add unflattering bulk to the body.  That is the nature of winter clothing like coats, quilted vests, heavy sweaters...not very flattering.

My objection to the coat is the unfortunate choice of colors and patterns.  The only one I might consider is the black/red.  I found the rest to be very unattractive.  I don't need a coat so it's not a big issue.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Re: SG TSV- whoa!

[ Edited ]

It is disappointing I have to say.  I look forward to her coat TSV every year, and there have been some good ones like her puffer jacket one year, but this is pretty bad.  Just another Denim & Co. fleece jacket with her lable on it and a higher price tag. I think Isaac M. has one also.  I don't know what's going on with QVC but it needs to stop.  I have nothing against Denim & Co. but when I tune in to see Susan Graver or Isaac Mizrahi that's who's style I want to see not Denim & Co. 

Esteemed Contributor

The coat looks cheap and is bulky.  When I hear the material is 'bonded' I'm gone.  Just the thought of wearing fabric that's been 'glued' together is a spine-shiver moment for me.  Use 100% good real fabric that goes front to back.

Now............colors:  the one I hated most - is the red & black.  Somehow I have an over-the-top dislike (no hate)    for that combination.  A couple other colors got a B- or C+.but red/black F minus all the way.

Honored Contributor

I have to agree!  Not a look that I care for at all and not a fan of this coat!

Honored Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

So very unattractive and adds 20 lbs on every person I saw it on. WHO gave this the OK as aTSV?? 

Not EVERY person.  Only those that already have a "balloonish" body.

Honored Contributor

Just say you don't like it.  I have yet to see any winter coat that did not add bulk to the body; if it doesn't then it wouldn't be a winter coat.  I like the colors, I like the style.  The thing that caught my attention is that since it's reversible, it had a tendency to "bunch" up in places.  SG has been doing those fleece coats for ages, I have owned several but I never had the "bunching" problem because there was a lining.  I saw it, my friend saw it but my daughter did not.  She bought the leopard version.  And then the coordinating pants and sweater.  

Esteemed Contributor

When I viewed Amy wearing the coat, it looked like she had thrown on an old bathrobe because it just hung on her. It was not made for petites no matter what they say. Who would wear this in cold weather, it definitely would not be warm enough. Just another overpriced Susan Graver TSV.

Esteemed Contributor

At least 60,000 people disagree with the OP and most of the posts in this particular thread. It will be plenty warm for winter. Since global warming, I try to avoid wool coats (way too hot and not worn enough). This coat is outstanding.