Respected Contributor

@Shanus    I agree completely ...  but my biggest issue is when the hosts CLAP THEIR HANDS .... if they weren't wearing lapel mikes then no big deal, but as one poster mentioned to use Closed Caption, which I have already.... but I shouldn't have to~!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SCREAM-A-VISION

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

I think they think all that fake enthusiasm is contagious. Personally, I think they're wrong.

Personally, I find it annoying. I much preferred it when shopping the Q was a pleasant, relaxing experience. I solved the problem, though. I stopped watching.

----------------------

I have also found that watching the Q is just not enjoyable and I hardly watch anymore either.  I still do a Q check, but rarely stay on a show.

Was checking Q2 this morn and found Katie MGee.  I was commenting on how pleasant her voice was...nice, calm and easygoing sound.  I like the mellow voices of the tenured hosts  - Jill B, Mary Beth R, Pat J. Carolyn G. and Dan W.  I remember the voices of Judy C., Lisa M. and Dave K.    But currently, so many of the hosts - new and tenured - are just so difficult to watch and listen to their presentations.

Trusted Contributor

I don't like the screech-a-thons either. But I do feel compelled to ask...

I have seen many threads and posts where people don't watch, don't shop the Q anymore. Then why are they here posting on the blog? 

Respected Contributor

@BirdieGal wrote:

I don't like the screech-a-thons either. But I do feel compelled to ask...

I have seen many threads and posts where people don't watch, don't shop the Q anymore. Then why are they here posting on the blog? 

Because there is NO NEED to turn the volume down when on the Forum ... I am on Pet Lovers & Health forums ... nothing to do with QVC and their products.  We have "formed" a type of cyber friendship with many, and there we find solace and refuge.  Does that make sense?  

PS: I am one who watched QVC since 1986, and never had a problem with screaming or clapping until a year ago, now I can only watch with no sound.

Esteemed Contributor

and apparently the current buzz word is "elevated". I find that I have to adjust the volume depending on what station. I know the FCC passed a law that was supposed to be in place January 2017 that kept the volumes of commercials at the same level as regular shows.

As others have mentioned, if I am annoyed enough, I change the channel.

Respected Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

and apparently the current buzz word is "elevated". I find that I have to adjust the volume depending on what station. I know the FCC passed a law that was supposed to be in place January 2017 that kept the volumes of commercials at the same level as regular shows.

As others have mentioned, if I am annoyed enough, I change the channel.

@GinaV24 Yes, and the one thing for sure that is "elevated" is the talking sound volume.

Trusted Contributor

@seaBreeze

Oh sure...It makes complete sense. I was a member of a very large forum for years. I eventually left because so many people on there were in constant attack mode towards other members. Too much drama for one's life...

Respected Contributor

@BirdieGal wrote:

@seaBreeze

Oh sure...It makes complete sense. I was a member of a very large forum for years. I eventually left because so many people on there were in constant attack mode towards other members. Too much drama for one's life...

@BirdieGal

I hear ya ... when on Community Chat I know to wear my 'helmet', for some reason, those in attack mode engage in uncivil behavior that I will never understand.   I just "walk away" and assume their lives must be one of misery.  Pet Forum is full of joy so that's my safe haven.  Have a great day!

Respected Contributor

The new hosts are really bad about the screaming. But this afternoon Antonella beat them all with her loud outbursts of what some might call laughter.  Please put her back on jewelry (which I rarely watch) and off of fashion (which I usually watch). My nerves can't get past the yelling. Missed a couple of shows I really wanted to see today. Keeping the remote very close.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@clista wrote:

I don't watch much anymore. The hosts are so silly and loud, they chatter on and on and don't give useful information. 

@clista  I dvr the shows and I watch it back, if the screaming starts, grab the remote. I like to listen in the background and did that for many years. Now the hosts are so loud and silly, it's not relaxing at any volume!!! 

@Shanus

If you don't plan on buying and just watching your solution is great! However, if you want to buy something that's popular and it sells out then your out of luck.  That usually happens with shows that I'm interested in like Valerie Parr Hill and Jim Shore some of the items sell out very quickly a DVR'd show isnt going to help......But if for example, your watching to see Valerie's beautifully decorated sets and get some decorating tips, then that's great! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”