Reply
Valued Contributor
Posts: 608
Registered: ‎08-08-2010

When did the shipping and handling on jewelry go from $3.50 up to $5.50?  I didn't buy a piece because of that =O(

 

Thank you.

"I never changed, I just learned."
Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,537
Registered: ‎05-18-2017

If I really wanted the jewelry, I wouldn't let the 2.00 increase stop me from making the purchase.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,433
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

I've always thought it depended on the price of the item.  Some of the very expensive pieces have a higher S&H cost.  It's probably to do with insurance.

 

I agree that I wouldn't let a $2 difference stop me from ordering.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 608
Registered: ‎08-08-2010

San Antonion Gal said:  "If I really wanted the jewelry, I wouldn't let the 2.00 increase stop me from making the purchase."

 

 

Happy for you.  It was already over $120.00 which I thought was overpriced to begin with.  But I was considering it and then I saw the s&h so decided to pass.  Some of us have to consider our finances and every dollar counts.  

"I never changed, I just learned."
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,429
Registered: ‎07-12-2010

I think the higher shipping charge is on highest priced jewelry items because of insurance and packaging. Of the new items today, the S&H for the $240 byzantine bangle is $5.50, yet the S&H is only $3.50 for the less than $50 hoop earrings.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,977
Registered: ‎06-09-2010

@LilMadi wrote:

San Antonion Gal said:  "If I really wanted the jewelry, I wouldn't let the 2.00 increase stop me from making the purchase."

 

 

Happy for you.  It was already over $120.00 which I thought was overpriced to begin with.  But I was considering it and then I saw the s&h so decided to pass.  Some of us have to consider our finances and every dollar counts.  


I don't understand your reasoning. A $120.00 jewelry piece was ok but paying $2.00 more for shipping and handling was a deterrent. Honestly, this makes no sense.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 13,746
Registered: ‎11-24-2013

@LilMadi Let's see. You're willing to pay $120 for something but don't want to cough up an extra $2 for s&h. Alrighty then.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 608
Registered: ‎08-08-2010

Re: S&H on jewlery

[ Edited ]

Love my grandkids said:  @lilmadi Let's see. You're willing to pay $120 for something but don't want to cough up an extra $2 for s&h. Alrighty then.

 

I NEVER said I was willing to.  I said I was considering, obviously I wasn't willing to, Jeez. What's so hard to comprehend?  And why are some of you so stinkin' cocky?  If you only want to shame people or whatever, don't bother to comment at all.   

 

Elated-$120.00 wasn't okay, obviously.

 

The question had to do with S&H, not my rationale, sensibility, choices or anything else.  I don't need to be questioned and will not respond any further.

"I never changed, I just learned."
Valued Contributor
Posts: 608
Registered: ‎08-08-2010

DenimAndCo-thank you for that information.  That's what I wanted to know, appreciate your kindness.  

"I never changed, I just learned."
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,846
Registered: ‎04-23-2010

@banned again wrote:

I think the higher shipping charge is on highest priced jewelry items because of insurance and packaging. Of the new items today, the S&H for the $240 byzantine bangle is $5.50, yet the S&H is only $3.50 for the less than $50 hoop earrings.


I agree, and I have seen jewelry items reduced below $100.00 but the s&h remains at $5.50.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky