Esteemed Contributor

Re: Russell Stover not fulfilling orders

I just cancelled my order ....I don’t need any  delivery problems & I don’t need all that candy!!!!🙃

Esteemed Contributor

Was given a gift of Russel Stover several years.... it is really a good chocolate. 

Honored Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

Lots of drama on this thread.

Is it really true that people will never, ever order again because the deliveries are late?

Is it really so critical to have this item on an exact date or to get it a week or two later?

Maybe the little tins arrived late to the factory.

Maybe more people called off ill and they have a slow down.

Maybe some of the chocolate machines broke.

Maybe they underestimated how many they would sell and how long it would take to pack them all up.

This is the year of a pandemic, after all.

As long as it arrives before the New Year,  I have no stress.

Chocolate stays fresh for a few months (at least).

(I have placed two orders, one for now and one for early December as a gift.)

when they are Advent Calendars they need to arrive on time, 

Esteemed Contributor

@January121 wrote:

I just cancelled my order ....I don’t need any  delivery problems & I don’t need all that candy!!!!🙃

@January121 You are lucky you were able to cancel.  I cannot. 

Frequent Contributor

I see they took all the products off qvc, I agree with everyone else. I see they still selling their products (christmas) at stores and on their website. I never got any emails about the delay in shipping, I don't think they will be shipping anything. I have called quite a few times and CS has no idea whats happening, I will just buy something else for the Holidays

Occasional Contributor

I wouldn't be so upset if they had just communicated with us. Like many, I ordered my RS tins to be here before Thanksgiving, but there has been radio silence from QVC and Russell Stover. They gave us a choice of several ship weeks and I chose early so I'd have everything ready. I did order some other Russell Stover that arrived late, but still towards the beginning of the month. This morning, I received an email that my Advent Calendar would be delayed - interesting because I didn't order the advent calendar. Then I got another notice about my tins saying that the penguin tin would be replaced by a nutcracker - interesting again because the TSV of the tins didn't have a penguin or a nutcracker. I've tried to cancel, but it looks like they won't let us do that now so who knows what I'll ever end up with.

I have some chocolate coming from Lindor that is already 3 weeks late and some Silvestri caramels that will be more than a month late when it arrives (hopefully) sometime in December. The Silvestri caramels were still being sold just last week and touted as 'shipping immediately'.

I understand shipping issues and manufacturing delays, but all we ask is that someone keeps us informed!

Esteemed Contributor

@lc628 wrote:

I wouldn't be so upset if they had just communicated with us. Like many, I ordered my RS tins to be here before Thanksgiving, but there has been radio silence from QVC and Russell Stover. They gave us a choice of several ship weeks and I chose early so I'd have everything ready. I did order some other Russell Stover that arrived late, but still towards the beginning of the month. This morning, I received an email that my Advent Calendar would be delayed - interesting because I didn't order the advent calendar. Then I got another notice about my tins saying that the penguin tin would be replaced by a nutcracker - interesting again because the TSV of the tins didn't have a penguin or a nutcracker. I've tried to cancel, but it looks like they won't let us do that now so who knows what I'll ever end up with.

I have some chocolate coming from Lindor that is already 3 weeks late and some Silvestri caramels that will be more than a month late when it arrives (hopefully) sometime in December. The Silvestri caramels were still being sold just last week and touted as 'shipping immediately'.

I understand shipping issues and manufacturing delays, but all we ask is that someone keeps us informed!

@lc628   Refuse to pay for it if you get it and it is nnot what you ordered!  I am done with them.  I will never order from them again. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I started a new thread so everyone can see it.  I got a hold of them and they are looking into it and will call me on Monday.  I will post as soon as I know anything. 

Esteemed Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@January121 wrote:

@January121 You are lucky you were able to cancel.  I cannot. 

@BalletBabe  .. I didn’t have a problem .... I just hit cancel & a message came up & asked “are you sure you want to cancel? .... I said yes & it was cancelled!!!!! 

Trusted Contributor

For those interested:

RS had a MAJOR issue regarding their Easter delivery. I ordered directly from them and paid for 3 day delivery. It was a month later AND after Easter that the order arrived. I knew I wasn't alone in this because there were hundreds of posts on their Facebook page and people were angry. RS did NOT respond to any email or Facebook post. Their CS phone number went to an answering machine that was full so you could not leave a message and then it hung up on you. No apology, nothing and then the package arrived with melted and stale candy. People began posting their orders under a new thread on the RS Facebook with hairs in the candy (individually wrapped items), jelly beans that were one huge blob, mold on candy, the list went on.

I returned the candy. Didn't need it since we purchased Easter candy at Easter (remember, it arrived a month later). It took another 2 months before I received a credit back and that was ONLY because my bank handled it. 

I don't know what it going on with the company because there were never issues in the past but something is not right. They can blame covid but other companies have been able to deal with all the issues while RS just.....repeatedly fails. Looks like they still haven't figured it out.

"Coming to ya from Florida"