Super Contributor

Re: Ruh-Roh. Trouble in LR Land.

I do not know any business that doesn't allow customer reviews.     I read reviews on lots of websites. Negative comments  remain and some have  a  customer service reply.   Why does she ignore questions?   Is she  treating customers like misbehaving children?Does she think ignoring questions will make them go away.   Why does she allow a follower to constantly bash other followers if they post a customer service question or comment.   

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

Sounds like it is more than  a few people who might not take proper care of their jewelry if she had to make this video about it......

The video sure won't get her customers to buyi her stuff.....

I don't think it's about customers not taking proper care of their jewelry.  It seems to me that it's more about customers complaining that the jewelry they buy from Lisa tarnishes and discolors very quickly.  Lisa must be aware of quite a lot of these complaints if she felt she needed to make this video.

I agree - It won't get her customers to buy her stuff.  I think her loyal fan base is starting to see that she's bringing them things that are cheaply made, not wonderful and special and worth the prices she charges.  (Not only jewelry, but some of the other things she sells too.)

Honored Contributor

Just finished watching LR's video.  This is what she said:

"If anyone is receiving tarnished jewelry, it's my fault and the manufacturer's.  I want to know so I can do something about it."

Suggest everyone watch her video.  I think you can if you don't have an account with Facebook.

Esteemed Contributor

@MandyG06 wrote:

This fall, I took a chance and ordered a pair of sunglasses from LR. Side note, I buy my sunglasses from 5 Below (equivalent to the dollar store) because I always lose them, or break them, or my kids steal them, etc. Anyway, the sunglasses from LR were the same exact quality as the 5 below pair. I was extremely disappointed. The quality I expected from LR was not as described. Therefore, I will not purchase anything else from her.

Also, none of my jewelry that I've purchased from the Q, or Target, or from anywhere else has ever tarnished. I'm a huge fan of Diamonique and I've never had anything change colors.

I've only had a very few pieces of inexpensive jewelry tarnish/discolor over time, but that was over a very long period of time, and it's been rare.  Most of my "cheap" jewelry stands the test of time pretty well.  And anything I've had of even halfway decent quality has remained looking just fine for decades.

For sure I would be pretty upset if something arrived tarnished or if it tarnished in a short period of time.  That wouldn't give me confidence in the company at all.

Sorry about your sunglasses.  (I love Five Below!)

Esteemed Contributor

@prisrob wrote:

Many of these comments seem unfair. They should be brought up with Lisa and her company instead of on another forum.  The comments are nasty, and I would hope you could get your frustrations out in another venue.

But there's no way to do that.  Lisa is not exactly user-friendly when it comes to issues with what she sells - or even innocent questions from people who just want some basic info.

I don't think the comments here are nasty - They're the result of very poor customer service and treatment of customers overall.  There have been many complaints for a long time about items of all kinds, not just jewelry.  A lot of her products are truly shoddy, and her customer service is basically non-existent.  

Trusted Contributor

@Foxxee

Are you trying to say that your post sums up her video?

If so, that is misleading.

She spent over thirty minutes pointing her fingers at everyone and everything else.

As usual, nothing is ever her fault.  If anyone takes your advice and watches all of it, they are going to be very surprised.

Respected Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

"If anyone is receiving tarnished jewelry, it's my fault and the manufacturer's.  I want to know so I can do something about it."

Suggest everyone watch her video.  I think you can if you don't have an account with Facebook.

Is that all that she said about the jewelry?

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Trusted Contributor

I only watched the first 10 minutes, but I found it confusing.  Seemed to be going in so many directions -- showing her box of jewelry and demonstrating that it never happens to her items, talking about the cleaner, then when she got to leather and said that was different  . . . . I was outta there (head spinning).  

Think it needed to be more focused.  And she didn't seem prepared.  David had to prompt her to tell people why she was talking about tarnishing.  And while David's comments were helpful, it was very distracting to have them come out of the blue rather than during a conversation with Lisa.  

I've never bought from her and haven't watched her videos except when she had Kathy Levine there.  Someone posted about that and I watched it.  

Valued Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

Is that all that she said about the jewelry?

NO - R-E-A-D post #76.

Trusted Contributor

@mom2four0418

I just posted that she talked for over thirty minutes about it being everyone and everything else OTHER THAN Lisa and her shoddy merchandise.

That one comment you are referencing was made by her at the end of the double talking, rambling, contradictory explanations she tried to pass off as genuine concern.

Buy my jewelry and then, buy this silver cleaner!

The stuff is tarnishing because the plating is thin. The base metal tarnishes and it comes through the almost nonexistent plating.  Using that cleaner will remove the plating and then the items will pit and they will be 100% unfixable and unwearable.