Honored Contributor

Re: Ruh-Roh. Trouble in LR Land.

@iTalia

Thanks for clarifying that.  Yes, it's not as if we don't know silver tarnishes, it's receiving it tarnished or it tarnishes shortly after receiving it when plating should prevent it from tarnishing as quickly.

I have a few plated silver rings from QVC and HSN in an uncovered ring dish on my dresser for about 6 months.  Have not worn them since then. The only thing I have done is dust them weekly.  No tarnish at all. 

Valued Contributor

@Shelbella262..... My hope is that the tribe start to use their knowledge of watching QVC and start questioning materials used, gram weights, alloys, etc

That’s the thing. If they do ask or raise a concern, they are jumped on by her Tribe. It’s almost a gang mentality. And Lisa sits back and lets them do it. Very seldom does she actually come forth with specific answers. JMHO, but she runs the business like a puppet master and has her favorite puppets. Many times the question askers are told go out of their way and contact C.S. for info that should be available up front - especially with the pressure to buy before it sells out.

As an aside, this is not only with regards to her merch. Recently two of her Tribe, a man and a woman, were getting really raunchy and inappropriate. Posters started asking them to knock it off but  they kept going. Lisa responded to them and it floored me when she gave them positive feedback for their raunchy antics. No regard for the others who were uncomfortable. I’m no prude, but it was very inappropriate. Talk about favoritism. Geesh.

Trusted Contributor

People are forgetting that the plastic tub of jewelry she kept on flipping through was SAMPLES.  She may have cheapened what she eventually ordered and sold - and it looks like it.

I cannot wait until her endorsement for that silver cleaner back fires on her.  That stuff is brutal.  It will end up REMOVING the cheap and thin plating she is trying to pass off as quality goods.  After that, the jewelry will get pitted.

What about the people that bought things that they have not even worn yet?  They have tarnish on them!  She makes it very difficult and expensive to send anything back.  I can remember her saying that every piece of returned jewelry was sent to a jeweler to be cleaned and inspected.  Did not hear a word about that yesterday.

She also decided to do that chat on Monday with no prior mention of it on Sunday.  This blew up when she was in Las Vegas the first time.  How long did it take her to decide to address this?  Weeks.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sheilaray wrote:

@Shelbella262..... My hope is that the tribe start to use their knowledge of watching QVC and start questioning materials used, gram weights, alloys, etc

That’s the thing. If they do ask or raise a concern, they are jumped on by her Tribe. It’s almost a gang mentality. And Lisa sits back and lets them do it. Very seldom does she actually come forth with specific answers. JMHO, but she runs the business like a puppet master and has her favorite puppets. Many times the question askers are told go out of their way and contact C.S. for info that should be available up front - especially with the pressure to buy before it sells out.

As an aside, this is not only with regards to her merch. Recently two of her Tribe, a man and a woman, were getting really raunchy and inappropriate. Posters started asking them to knock it off but  they kept going. Lisa responded to them and it floored me when she gave them positive feedback for their raunchy antics. No regard for the others who were uncomfortable. I’m no prude, but it was very inappropriate. Talk about favoritism. Geesh.

@Sheilaray, it’s perplexing isn’t it! I know exactly of the posts you’re speaking about and it’s absolutely disgusting the way Lisa allows tribe members to attack other customers or the behaviors and words spoken that go on amongst certain individuals. It seems Lisa only cares about being praised on a daily basis whether you’re praising how beautiful she is or if you’re telling her how great her treasures are. Sadly that is all Lisa cares about. Everything else is fair game as long as you’re not spewing negativity about her. It’s deplorable how she handles this business. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sheilaray wrote:

@Sheilaray A very long time ago, before she banned me, I made a comment to "those two" when they started going a bit too far with their suggestive posts to each other about sounding like immature junior high schoolers. Oh boy did I take a beating from the two of them and a few of the other tribeswomen.

Contributor

@alarmclock
Let's also not forget that those "samples" she showed were cleaned beforehand- there's no way she was going to show a plastic tub full of tarnished jewelry! It was also mentioned during her chat by the bald guy that they had a lot of returns lately! I wonder why?

Trusted Contributor

She tried to shut him up more than once!!!

Regular Contributor

Many of these comments seem unfair. They should be brought up with Lisa and her company instead of on another forum.  The comments are nasty, and I would hope you could get your frustrations out in another venue.

Frequent Contributor

@xstephx wrote:

@alarmclock
Let's also not forget that those "samples" she showed were cleaned beforehand- there's no way she was going to show a plastic tub full of tarnished jewelry! It was also mentioned during her chat by the bald guy that they had a lot of returns lately! I wonder why?

Yes, the bald guy said that there were a lot of retruns AND that he polishes them up!  It appears that those returns are then re-sold as new.  Shady!

QVC Customer Care