Frequent Contributor

Re: Ruh-Roh. Trouble in LR Land.

Any way you look at it, she's had her little business in operation for only a little over two and a half years.   Where Jbro gets 'four' out of that is mystifying.  But then, I think he is punking us and doesn't believe a word of it himself.  Like Lisa, he enjoys the attention.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

She does work 20 hour days IF you count as working: posting sunrise pics and going to the "gym"pics, filming in food courts after trade shows, filming in shopping malls on Friday evenings, filming trips to Longwood Gardens on the weekends, filming herself trying to cook on a Friday night, posting insomnia pics with stuffed animals, posting about watching Hallmark movies...

Contributor

She sounds unemployed...

Respected Contributor

I also think if "famous" vendors were so indebted to her for making them what they are today, they would sell their stuff from her sofa too.  I know a lot of them have sold their businesses for a lot of cash; however, why doesn't Chaz throw her a bone and sell a few of his products from her awesome living room? 

I also haven't seen Dr. Denese around.  She could sell some of her items from the fabulous LR's LR (living room).  Somehow that is pretty catchy -- LR's LR.  Hmmmmmmmmm I'm liking that one!

Respected Contributor

I also used to like her one sales technique where she would say "oh, I'm so getting this!"  and then pretend to tell someone off camera to order it for her!  Well now all the junk is hers.  She can keep it all to herself!  Or let others purchase what she loves, loves, loves!

Trusted Contributor

I highly doubt that Lisa is the only reason a brand became successful.  She was not the only show host on QVC.  Just being associated with QVC is major exposure and many products are so popular, they sell themselves.  Lisa was lucky to have her days, times and popular products that essentially sold themselves.  No host needed.

You also have to look at the flip side too.  Lisa pushing a product also turned some shoppers off.  That's the case with every show host and that's why they have a variety of hosts - to appeal to the largest number of shoppers.

Lisa did not make or break any brand.  She sold what she was GIVEN to sell.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: Chaz

You are forgetting one thing.  Technically, QVC and Lisa (and all other retailers) are competitors.

Chaz cannot show up on her couch and sell.  He has various deals with various shopping networks and he has to go with what he agreed to.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

The complaints about Lisa's jewelry have been about recent purchases.  Jewelry may tarnish to a degree over a long, long period of time, years perhaps, depending on the alloy, thickness of plating and pollutants that corrode building facades.  The point is that the extensive dark tarnishing on Lisa's jewelry has happened in a very short amount of time or worse, to jewelry that hasn't even been unpacked from the protective baggies.  There is even complaints about the plating peeling off.  For the price Lisa charges this should not happen at all.  No excuses.

Respected Contributor

@alarmclock wrote:

Re: Chaz

You are forgetting one thing.  Technically, QVC and Lisa (and all other retailers) are competitors.

Chaz cannot show up on her couch and sell.  He has various deals with various shopping networks and he has to go with what he agreed to.

Yes, but these so called people that LR made don't even show up for a visit!  Dr. Denese did a few times, but that was quite a while ago.  I guess they don't feel as indebted as JB thinks they should. 

I agree that it takes a village of hosts to sell a product.  I may turn on my TV and see a host I don't particularly care for and hit the remote button.  While a few hours later I may see a different host selling the same product, but I may stick around because I like that host. 

Super Contributor

@wildlifewitch wrote:

Someone here mentioned starting a yelp page. That's a great idea, and it's an appropriate place for business/product reviews.There is a sit bizapedia that has some information on the smarter luxury llc.I think the biz address is also her house address. Interesting.

Lisa's company is listed as Smarter Luxury LLC on Bizapedia. So far there are six reviews.  All are one out of five star reviews.