Honored Contributor

Re: Ruh-Roh. Trouble in LR Land.

[ Edited ]

@Spurt... Agree. some jewelry tarnishes and in my experience it doesn't necessarily have much to do with how much you paid for it, whose name is on the label or who you bought it from... It's easy enough to correct... While I fully agree that LR's 'latest adventure' is somewhat ridiculous, here we are years later and some folks just seem to want to have a field day whenever her name comes up... More times than not, they like to blame it on the poster who so often has Lisa as the focus of his posts, but here we go and he's nowhere in sight. Still, some of the regulars just can't seem to help themselves... Oh well...

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@JasperDawg wrote:

She'd better be nice to David.  He appears to be the only "employee" she has left.

@JasperDawg, are Katie and Nancy no longer working for her?

Trusted Contributor

Yeah, it's funny how people dislike these threads but they still read and post.  It must be the amount of truth - not opinion - that upsets them.  Pictures do not lie and that upsets people.

Frequent Contributor

Whoa - just watched the video and it is very, very sad.  How can you be selling things and having to post videos telling people that the air quality in their home etc etc could be causing relatively expensive items to tarnish?  Honestly, that is a very sad state of affairs. Think about the number of pieces of jewelry - real and faux - you accumulate by middle age.  How much of it goes bad / tarnishes?  Pretty much only the stuff you buy cheaply at Forever 21 or Charming Charlie's. That is rough. Hopefully things will go on an upswing for the company AND its customers.  

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt... Agree. some jewelry tarnishes and in my experience it doesn't necessarily have much to do with how much you paid for it, whose name is on the label or who you bought it from... It's easy enough to correct... While I fully agree that LR's 'latest adventure' is somewhat ridiculous... Here we are years later and some folks just seem to want to have a field day whenever her name comes up... More times than not, they like to blame it on the poster who so often has Lisa as the focus of his posts, but here we go and he's nowhere in sight. Still, some of the regulars just can't seem to help themselves... Oh well...

Woman Wink

Well, I guess you are talking about me Smiley Surprised.Oh well...Sorry you feel that way, however, I feel a “buyer beware “ was appropriate since I'm quite sure the majority of her followers are from QVC and accustomed to a different level of respect and customer service. Also, they might not have viewed the video since it was posted without notice and at a random time.

QVC lets us post here , within reason, because they actually want and use customer feedback to their benefit. Unlike a former QVC employee who is using her past popularity to her advantage without much concern about customer satisfaction.

Frequent Contributor

@nomless wrote:

@JasperDawg wrote:

She'd better be nice to David.  He appears to be the only "employee" she has left.

I don't know for sure.  I don't recall seeing Nancy for quite some time.  Lisa has made conflicting statements as recently as yesterday about her whereabouts (at home, on vacation, etc.).  Katie, who was her constant companion, has also been noticeably absent.   She hasn't even been behind the camera filming the chats.

Valued Contributor

@JasperDawg wrote:

@nomless wrote:

@JasperDawg wrote:

I don't know for sure.  I don't recall seeing Nancy for quite some time.  Lisa has made conflicting statements as recently as yesterday about her whereabouts (at home, on vacation, etc.).  Katie, who was her constant companion, has also been noticeably absent.   She hasn't even been behind the camera filming the chats.

A while back, I also  wondered about Katie being MIA. Then, she showed up in Amsterdam snuggled up under a blanket with Lisa in a swan sleigh.  I can hardly imagine when and where the rest of them will pop up...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sheilaray wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt... Agree. some jewelry tarnishes and in my experience it doesn't necessarily have much to do with how much you paid for it, whose name is on the label or who you bought it from... It's easy enough to correct... While I fully agree that LR's 'latest adventure' is somewhat ridiculous... Here we are years later and some folks just seem to want to have a field day whenever her name comes up... More times than not, they like to blame it on the poster who so often has Lisa as the focus of his posts, but here we go and he's nowhere in sight. Still, some of the regulars just can't seem to help themselves... Oh well...

Woman Wink

Well, I guess you are talking about me Smiley Surprised.Oh well...Sorry you feel that way, however, I feel a “buyer beware “ was appropriate since I'm quite sure the majority of her followers are from QVC and accustomed to a different level of respect and customer service. Also, they might not have viewed the video since it was posted without notice and at a random time.

QVC lets us post here , within reason, because they actually want and use customer feedback to their benefit. Unlike a former QVC employee who is using her past popularity to her advantage without much concern about customer satisfaction.

No @Sheilaray I'm not talking about you or anyone in particular. Just referencing the whole vibe that seems to come up whenever there's any mention of the former host. And yes, of course, we're all free, within reason, to post whatever we want to post, however curious the subject matter might sometimes be.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@Sheilaray wrote:

Never have I ever once had a problem with jewelry from QVC prematurely tarnishing and I've ordered from many different lines over the years. I receive it in great shape and take care of it (but truth be told, I don't baby it). I totally get that it does happen and probably to some of you. 

Here is my issue: LR posted  a special presentation video about "unrealistic expectations" with regards to her jewelry tarnishing. It was so interesting because it was not something she had to do when she was presenting on QVC.

I guess I just don't think its appropriate to tell your shoppers they have unrealistic expectations when they are spending money with you and expect quality and quality control.

Wow!  I think admonishing customers and telling them they have unrealistic expectations is not only condescending but also highly insulting. 

That is NOT the way to treat people, especially loyal customers.  It constantly surprises me how LR - after all these years in sales - still has so much to learn. 

I've never bought a thing from her, but if I was a fan and stayed true to her and supported her business, this would certainly have me thinking twice about whether I wanted to stick around.  She needs to stop counting on the loyalty and adulation of her fans, and start running a decent business while she still has fans who are willing to buy from her.

Honored Contributor

I would never have found or watched the presentation until I read this thread. Very interesting - made me wonder if some people have lodged formal complaints. That cleaner Lisa used was impressive. I hope the tips she gave helps.