Valued Contributor

Re: Ruh-Roh. Trouble in LR Land.

Lisa actually recommends buying Connoisseur Anti-Tarnish Jewelry Cleaner in the silver jar. She stated she bought hers at Bed,Bath&Beyond.
Contributor

My guess is since she doesn’t allow product reviews or negative posts that someone filed a BBB or similar claim; prompting the video she may have been counseled to share. 

Valued Contributor

@Enders, totally plausible, however, she does seem to fly by the seat of her pants, speak and act impulsively. Many of her past comments to her  shoppers were better left unsaid. JMHO, but for a professional she can be pretty unprofessional. She hates criticism, even the constructive kind. Loyalty and complete adoration are just as important to her as numbers. She will not tolerate anything less. JMHO.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Threads like this always bring out the Lisa nay-sayers from way back, who just can't seem to let it go... Whatever... As for silver and tarnish, among the pieces I have that have tarnished most are two very pricey pieces bought right here from one of QVC's 'designer' jewelry labels... No big deal. I cleaned them with silver cleaner and they look fine... Not sure that tarnish absolutely has to do with inferior quality but shining up a piece of tarnished silver is really not a big deal...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Sheilaray wrote:
Lisa actually recommends buying Connoisseur Anti-Tarnish Jewelry Cleaner in the silver jar. She stated she bought hers at Bed,Bath&Beyond.

Walmart carries it.

The brand has been around for a long while, I know I've been using it for probably 20 years.    There's one for gold, silver and a gentle formula for gemstones, plus polishing cloths.

My late mom worked in electronics decades ago and they cleaned delicate items in an ultrasonic cleaner.   She purchased a small one for home, it's amazing.   She even put her eyeglasses in it to clean.   It's what jewelers use as well

Honored Contributor

Has anyone ever had real gold tarnish? 

If she bought a piece of jewelry from Italy that cost as much as a small car, I doubt it would tarnish.  Of all pieces, I would expect that piece to be of the highest quality gold.

Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

If she bought a piece of jewelry from Italy that cost as much as a small car, I doubt it would tarnish.  Of all pieces, I would expect that piece to be of the highest quality gold.

@Bri369  I have never had anything that was real gold tarnish.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

@Bri369  I have never had anything that was real gold tarnish.

@NickNack, neither have I. 

I have pieces that are from my mother and grandmother that haven't tarnished either. 

Valued Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

@Bri369, EXACTLY! And that’s what makes Lisa so phony because she will say whatever it takes to always point the finger on other scenarios with zero fault on her part!! 

I have some pretty expensive jewelry including genuine 14k, 18k, & sterling silver and never once had I had to seriously polish ANY OF IT. None of my gold has tarnished at all. I don’t baby my jewelry either. 

I even own several costume pieces of jewelry from Q and those must be so heavily plated because nothing has any signs of wear. 

“The unrealistic expectations” garbage that came out of her mouth is absolutely unacceptable! It gives me shivers down my spine. She has some nerve even making such a claim. If I buy a piece of jewelry no matter the cost, I EXPECT it to stay in pristine condition especially  if never worn, and even more so if it’s “so heavily plated with layers & layers” like Lisa claims she goes above and beyond to accomplish. She’s so full of it and more customers are realizing it. 

There very well could have been BBB lawsuits filed and that’s why the video because we all know Lisa avoids any and all negativity until she’s forced to do something. 

Respected Contributor

My experience is that silver tarnishes, gold tarnishes especially 10k, even 14k tarnishes. Rhodium wears off even on all gold, high quality pieces.