Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ruh-Roh. Trouble in LR Land.

I personally never gave her a second thought after she left QVC. I don’t have. FB account and if I did I probably wouldn’t ever have ordered anything from her. I know she tried to project a great image and that she was some wonderful person but she was full of herself.
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Sheilaray.  I never heard of "premature tarnishing".  Metal doesn't tarnish according to a timetable.  It's exposure to air and the contaminates it contains that causes tarnish.  If metal is properly stored under airtight or anti-tarnish conditions, it will not tarnish.  I have many more pounds of silver than i could pick up and carry and I almost never have to polish anything.  If you're careful, maintaining silver is not a chore

You are so correct. I couldn't figure out a way to address the topic of the video which are complaints about receiving jewelry tarnished, even still in the bag, and tarnishing of her products in general. My bad. Poor choice of words.

The gist is that clearly, LR is having enough trouble with complaints about tarnishing that she had to create a video to explain the issues and explain away the why's. She mentioned that David lives close by, so he came to video and participate. It seems that this was a last minute plan to talk about the "unrealistic expectations" (i.e. the complaints are getting serious and numerous). 

Valued Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

Well, how embarrassing for all involved.  

She has poor quality "treasures," the Tribe will buy anything (even junk) that she sells, she has no reviews, and these things probably aren't even stored in the proper environment.  

I don't know how much longer she can survive selling to the Tribe...

That was my thought as well: is her warehouse, garage, etc. the proper environment for storing her inventory? I would imagine that they would need to be temperature and humidity controlled.

Respected Contributor

Never purchased anything from LR due to 'no reviews' on her site.   

I am not going to watch her video ... are her customers complaining that the sterling silver is tarnishing, or the plating on jewelry is wearing off?

Valued Contributor

@seaBreeze, the examples she showed were of her plated jewelry.

Valued Contributor

This fall, I took a chance and ordered a pair of sunglasses from LR. Side note, I buy my sunglasses from 5 Below (equivalent to the dollar store) because I always lose them, or break them, or my kids steal them, etc. Anyway, the sunglasses from LR were the same exact quality as the 5 below pair. I was extremely disappointed. The quality I expected from LR was not as described. Therefore, I will not purchase anything else from her.

Also, none of my jewelry that I've purchased from the Q, or Target, or from anywhere else has ever tarnished. I'm a huge fan of Diamonique and I've never had anything change colors.

Esteemed Contributor

This might be the beginning of the end. Who is going to buy from someone who is basically saying “get over it”?

People pay hard earned money and do not want to pay for something that “”prematurely tarnish”. I don’t even like on time tarnishing. I guess she forgot in her 20 year career the customer is always right.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor

I did purchase two pairs of gold plated earrings fromLR that I couldn't wear because the posts were too thick.  I left them on their open boxes on the dining table to remind me to return them, but I didn't.  Within a few months, they tarnished.  They were exposed to dust and air but nothing else.  I closed the boxes and put them away and am still trying to figure out what to do with them.  I welcome suggestions.

I had purchased earlier a beautiful gold plated bracelet, an etruscan like design, that I do wear and store in a box that is not anti-tarnish, and the bracelet has mild tarnishing but is stll wearable.

The designs of these LR pieces were intricate, and I have found that jewelry with small wires tarnishes, so I attributed to that. I have a 14k bracelet that consists of several fine link chains, and even they show slight tarnsh.  I have had that bracelet for 10+ years, and wear a lot.

I had purchased many Bronzo pieces from the Q, including beatiful Honora pieces, and they tarnished badly in a few months, and I have been so disappointed.  They are unwearable, and I welome suggestions on how to address the tarnish.  I store those in the HSN anti-tarnish boxes.  I recall receivng a new piece of Bronzo that was already tarnished and I returned.  It was a byzantine.

The few silver pieces that I have purchased from the Q have not tarnished in any significant way. I store those in the HSN anti-tarnish boxes as well.

I also have a few Technibond pieces and they are magnificent, they do not tarnish and look like gold. I store those in the HSN anti-tarnish boxes as well.  A colleague of mine took someone else's tarnished Technibond pieces, cleaned them, and they looked real again.  Not like new, but beautiful gold.

Just my 2 cents, or, more correcty, several hundred $$$ worth of comments...

Valued Contributor

@Kachina624I have pieces of good jewelry, SS, gold and even 40 year old Monet.  Never tarnished  All kept in jewelry boxes.  I have 2 Seiko watches from the 70's, look like the day they were bought.  Even my very old Diamonique in silver have never tarnished.   But the couple of clad pieces I have bought from JTV were junk and will never purchase from them again.  When a vendor tells a customer they have unrealistic expectations, they know they are selling junk.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sheilaray wrote:

Never have I ever once had a problem with jewelry from QVC prematurely tarnishing and I've ordered from many different lines over the years. I receive it in great shape and take care of it (but truth be told, I don't baby it). I totally get that it does happen and probably to some of you. 

Here is my issue: LR posted  a special presentation video about "unrealistic expectations" with regards to her jewelry tarnishing. It was so interesting because it was not something she had to do when she was presenting on QVC.

I guess I just don't think its appropriate to tell your shoppers they have unrealistic expectations when they are spending money with you and expect quality and quality control.

I have, I purchased a ring from Carolyn Pollack, it was the ring guard where you could insert a different ring in the middle.  Well that brass part that was a gold tone totally tarnished.  I remember Carolyn Pollack stating that it would not tarnish.  I hardly wore it and one day I noticed a coating coming off of it.  I had given this ring a good review.  I threw that piece away.  I alson have another ring from Carolyn where the brass part has turned black.  Maybe I should try tarnx on that one.  Anyway thats my story lol.  Other pieces from Q have been fine.Smiley Happy  I know Carolyn P. is usually on in Feb.  at least she use to be.  I have not seen her.

Oh on the other hand, I have Shawns Hear My Soul Speak ring and this ring shines like crazy.  It absolutely never tarnishes.  That ring is chunky and looks great.