Honored Contributor

@RollTideRoll2008 wrote:

It amazes me the nonsense you all find to fuss about.

Yes; we should definitely stick with our regular rocket science.

Emojis, Eyes and Need to on ...

Valued Contributor

this is a bit O/T and may have already been discussed. Discovered BeautyIQ a few weeks back, Verizon just recently added it to the lineup. I have to say I like the make up demos.  They start with a fresh, clean faced model and apply from there. Caught one for Laura Geller and another for Mally.  The models had no make up on at all and the products were applied 'live' (so to speak).  

Helen852
Esteemed Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@RollTideRoll2008 wrote:

Yes; we should definitely stick with our regular rocket science.

Emojis, Eyes and Need to on ...

LOL - Beautiful and "well said." 

Valued Contributor

@RollTideRoll2008 wrote:

As long as there is a forum where people can give their opinions, there will be all kind of thoughts ideas and comments. Guess What? Continue to be amazed!!!!

bamasec

Honored Contributor

Some people are unable to differentiate between TV and real life.

Esteemed Contributor

The fake hosts kissing the vendors - all the while passing on their germs -- no wonder so many sound sick in the fall, winter, and spring. I think they are trying to convey class and status through their fake kissing. They have as much status as a reality tv show star.

Honored Contributor

I dont watch much at all anymore....but I do watch AM Style and Leah always recognizes the fashion models and calls them by name............And I have heard a few of the beauty vendors mention the name of the model demonstrating the skin treatment or makeup.....(BTW I think there are way too many beauty products on fashion shows,)..............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:
Haven't watched Qvc live over month. Will say that I recall years ago hosts mentioned they had to take classes and so on to host. Might be time for Qvc back review 101 Etiquette social skills.

Can they also review public speaking?

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

@PurpleBunny wrote:

@erichu wrote:

scenario - a makeup presentation with a model seated. The host greats the vendor, hugs her IN FRONT of the model, instead of stepping BEHIND her. Also, completely ignores her like she's not there. Am I the only one that finds this incredibly rude?

I don't. The model is there to be a display object. A prop. That's her job. It's nothing personal. The make-up is the focus, not the person. 

In a perfect world, perhaps it would be nice to acknowledge the model.  Many hosts do.  However, I agree that they are there to model, not really interact in the presentation.  Sometimes a host or vendor asks a model and opinion, which I find kind of silly.  What is the model going to say?  I hate that color on my lips, or that mascara makes me look like a spider, etc.  No, she will say whatever the vendor wants to hear!

Some hosts for jewelry will introduce the model before they start and say hello to her.  I guess it is more human.

Hyacinth

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it was unkind.