Esteemed Contributor

I saw her for the first time this morning, her voice is harsh to my ear.  Like Rachel's is.  For some reason I can't listen to those voices.  Nothing against them, it's just me. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

I saw her for the first time this morning, her voice is harsh to my ear.  Like Rachel's is.  For some reason I can't listen to those voices.  Nothing against them, it's just me. 

@MoJoV   It's not just you.  I'll second that.

Honored Contributor

I observed Rosina arrive on the set last night ready to present the D&C TSV, and still didn't have a clue as to which color was which, causing a minute or two of unimpressive fumbling.

Something about her just grates on me, more than any other host.  Yes, her voice is awful.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

I wish she didn't spend so much time looking at her cheat sheet.

Respected Contributor

Several comments here about her voice.  Seriously?  There is a host who many chant is "adorable," and her voice is the one I can't tolerate.  That host has been with QVC over 10 years.  Rosina's voice is much better than the Extra, Extra Small, Adorable host's Minnie Mouse voice. 

Respected Contributor

@FishandSnail wrote:

I've certainly been critical of the last two groups of new hosts, and think QVC overall really missed the mark on most of the hires.

But I have to give credit where it's due.  Rosina is obviously really working hard to improve.  She can't do much about her loud, rather harsh voice, but she has made noticeable strides in her knowledge of the product being presented and her presentation skills.

@FishandSnail 

I have to disagree about not being able to do much about a loud, harsh, voice.  I do not know who Rosina is even.   I have not been watching for quite awhile.

If one aspires to be a public speaker, voice is CRUCIAL.  You don't want half your audience to tune you out.  I admit to getting a Catholic school education for 8 years, and the English language was front and center in our education.  I am happy to have had it.  I have heard so much speech that sounds stupid and I don't want to listen to.

People who wish a public speaking career CAN get voice lessons and much of this can be corrected.  And you don't need to sound dull and boring!  I don't know this Rosina, so it's no comment about her.

Hyacinth

Esteemed Contributor

I don't know why customers have to suffer through buying from those who need to be capable, professional, with a pleasing voice, product information. Either they hired the wrong person, or they need to be adequatetly trained before they're foisted on the public.If not, those interested will not watch and won't buy!

Esteemed Contributor

@hyacinth003, obviously the Q doesn't know how to choose or they simply don't care. And everybody knows they don't read customer wishes and never have. 

Trusted Contributor

She is just another on the growing list of hosts I just can't watch.  I honestly watch much less of QVC now than I ever have.  And a big reason is the hosts.  I know some people say they don't watch "for the hosts," and frankly, I don't, either.  However, I have to at least enjoy them a little bit to watch them.  There just aren't that many anymore that I enjoy watching.

Valued Contributor

Susan345 said: "

I am constantly surprised at the opinions people have of the hosts.  Some I agree with but others just confuse me. 

Some will jump to the defense of the most annoying person then complain about one that I have hardly noticed. "

I feel EXACTLY the same way that you do! Or they complain about the one (s) I like.

"I never changed, I just learned."