Respected Contributor

Re: Rosina should not host Valerie Parr Hill shows

[ Edited ]

@avid shopper wrote:

Rick is annoying.  He runs up to the camera then runs over somewhere else while repeating what Valerie said.   I call him " the repeater" and put on the "mute". 

The very first show they did together I thought he was great. Quiet and subdued.  But the next show they did together he reverted to the behavior that is just the way he is. I can't!

My thoughts exactly, @avid shopper .His constant repetition is a tic that grates on me.  Different strokes...

New Contributor

It was SUPER painful to watch! You would think the higher-ups would see this and learn from shows like this and work accordinly. I love Valerie's shows but that was hard to watch and id rather not see her host Valerie again!

New Contributor

I did not like Courtney Webb im glad she is gone. to me she came across as though she was talking to or teaching elementry school children. I felt talked down to or belittled by her every time she was on. Rosina is not fitting well though, I agree. 

Respected Contributor

@DasMEM2 wrote:

I've seen her on several other shows and was not impressed. I think her voice is a turn off for me. It it so hard and has warmth or depth. Also, she plays with her hair just a ittle too much for me. I've watched her do JAI shows and I usually watch with the sound off and check the item(s) online. 

@DasMEM2 there was a JAI necklace I was interested in and the only video available at the time was one with Rosina hosting. She kept saying the necklace wrong and each time Scott would politely correct her but she would go right back to saying it wrong. It was like she wasn't even listening. To make matters worse it was the  "Live, Love, Laugh" necklace and she kept reading the names out of order calling it "laugh, love, live" or something like that. It wasn't rocket science. All she had to do was read what was on the necklace.

Valued Contributor

@Christina C24  I agree! My home is filled with Valerie's items. Needless to say, I look forward to her shows. Her show didn't have the usual flow and excitement. I know QVC strives to create a 'backyard conversation with a neighbor or girlfriends' with us. I don't feel this was accomplished with Rosina and the entire presentation felt forced and fake to me. I felt like I was watching a bad informercial and shut the TV off and went to bed. 

Regular Contributor

I FEEL SORRY FOR ROSINA BECAUSE SHE IS SO OUT OF HER ELEMENT AS A HOST.  SHE IS ABSOLUTELY UNPOLISHED.  THEY NEED TO SEND HER TO QVC FINISHING SCHOOL.

Super Contributor

I couldn't agree more.  Rosina is an awful host.  I can't even fathom how she was considered a candidate for host on QVC,  Another new host that I feel is in over her head is Monifa Days.  A nice woman but not a host, period.  She does late nights, usually after the TSV hour.  

Trusted Contributor

Rosina got a slow start due to the birth of her baby.   Since she is being trained to be the host for a Spanish speaking division of QVC, she MUST learn to present EVERYTHING and not really specialize.   So, she is being thrown everything at once.  She needs training and she is getting it.   She has got a lot of responsibility in addition to being a new mom.   I feel for her.    

New Contributor

she’s one of the worst- and she’s on main channel???? clunky, has no clue- I turn it off - and now she’s gonna be on with Shawn?!?! That’s a joke- she has 0 genuine personality
Esteemed Contributor

I'm not a Rosina fan at all. Her style doesn't appeal to me. Valerie does better with Mary Beth or Rick.