Esteemed Contributor
On 9/2/2014 iluvacop said: This woman is clearly not comfortable as a host. It's uncomfortable watching her. Ya know, um, ya know, um, ya know, um. And Mary Beth was her mentor? Hard to believe.

WHO was the host that everyone is talking about????? I am so curious now!!!!

Regular Contributor
Stacey Stauffer.
Super Contributor
On 9/2/2014 ValuSkr said:

It would have been more fun if Jorge Perez had presented the Waterford items.

Isn't he the guy on ShopHQ?

I am stunned by the lack of respect QVC has shown to those of us who love the Irish shows. I have watched and purchased hundreds of products over the years and spent many thousands of dollars. Today I struggled to find anything that I do not own or have gifted. This is awful and I feel embarrassed for the wonderful vendors. They deserve better. Please get your act together by St Pat's.
Even though I've been a member since day 1, I'm prepared to turn off QVC. Lisa leaving is bad enough, but this takes the cake.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Rose of Tralee

[ Edited ]

I'm of Irish decent, but personally, I look forward every year to keeping my TV off during The Rose of Tralee and St. Patrick's  Day theme days annually.

It insures me that I won't be even tempted to watch and/or purchase something.  However, I don't need something to prevent me from watching or shopping, I just like to know I can use this time for other nice things...like cleaning.

Love the products, dislike the shows, and mostly one of the dominant hostesses. Can't take it. Other people besides her and her family have visited Ireland and Scotland before, also. Really.

Regular Contributor

Bandwife:  I've always been allergic to wool and find these merino wool

sweaters to be itchy, even with a blouse or knit tee underneath.  Yes, they

are softer than regular wool, but I'm still unable to wear them.  I did

submit a request, when Stephen Walsh was taking questions on the forum last night, for sweaters made of cotton.  Got a reply that the request would

be given to weaving company owners.  I would love to own some of these

beautiful sweaters!

Regular Contributor

Used to love watching Jane hosting ... but Merino Wool being modeled in 90 degree weather did not interest me .... and I'm Irish.  Glad this was not a 24-hour event, but I know there are many who love this special event ... hope you love your item(s).

Honored Contributor

Since the sweaters are the main thing that interest me on the Irish days, I wish they'd actually have more Irish programming for Rose of Tralee rather than St. Patrick's Day.  Yes, it's still 90 degrees where I am too, but I can look forward to cooler weather not too long after receiving anything I would purchase now.  In March, it's already getting too warm to wear heavy wool for months, so the urge to purchase is not as great.

I agree with many of you that I miss the 24hr Irish days.  But like everything else, things change (much to my chagrin).  Evidently the Irish products don't sell as well as they used to, or I'm sure we'd still have those all-day events.

Honored Contributor

I'm a lover of the Irish Shows as well but was disappointed in this one.  I toyed with the idea of buying the One Time Only, but only because the price was so incredible.  I actually didn't care for the two-tone (and knew that one or two shows ago.....).  There was another sweater Iiked (zip front) but cancelled when I realized it had no pockets.

So now I'm looking forward to the next show... Woman Happy

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
New Contributor

I agree, I miss the a lot of the old shows they used to have on.  Looked forward to the Irish shows and BHG on holidays.  Very sad where the Q is headed.