Respected Contributor
On 9/1/2014 iluvacop said:
On 9/1/2014 sparklestar said:

On end of the presentation for the Inis perfume, she said to the vendor "is that it for you or are you back during the day?" Really???? She flew all the way from Ireland just for one presentation? I also could have sworn she referred to the woman as "honey" instead of using her name, but I could be wrong.

And she just greeted John Cullen as sweetie! She needs to be taught some manners on addressing guests. She's not out at a pub and if I had to bet, this is probably the first time she's met most of these folks.

Oh My! Bad in so many aspects. Now she hands her cards to the gentleman vendor and he's looking at her like "what is this woman doing."

Super Contributor
On 9/1/2014 Petie8 said: Same thing happened last year with the St. Patrick's Day when I believe it was Courtney who massacred every Irish name. QVC ought be embarrassed to be so unprofessional. It's clear the writing is on the wall for the Irish events that used to be so special and exciting (and smart marketing given the millions of Americans who descend from Irish immigrants) are on their way out. The significantly reduced hours in less than optimum time periods and minimal, ho hom sets are clues to the unimportance Irish products are to the current movers and shakers at QVC. It's very shortsighted as we customers yearn for a little zip and difference in programming to keep us watching. The wealth of vacuum cleaners, laptops, cameras and Susan Graver clothing make me turn away frequently. The Irish shows draw me in, I buy and I tend to remember why I used to watch QVC so much more often. Write to management and tell them how you feel, especially with an ill prepared host. Very tacky, QVC! Bring back the two full days of Irish products and keep the niche you've created.

You are so right that a change in programming keeps us watching. I was about to go to bed but when I heard Jacquie say Rose of Tralee was coming up I changed my mind. I remembered how much I have loved these shows in past years. I am tired of the same old products. This is a refreshing change!

Occasional Contributor
Re my earlier post, it was not Courtney who couldn't pronounce Irish names last year. Apologies to her. It was either Kersten or Jennifer. In any case, these shows need Jane and/or more seasoned hosts.
Respected Contributor
Now she's bragging about how edgy she looks in her leather pants with the Irish sweater. PUHLEEZ. She needs to go back to remedial host training. I am seriously embarrassed for the vendors who have to deal with her.
Regular Contributor
On 9/1/2014 iluvacop said:

On end of the presentation for the Inis perfume, she said to the vendor "is that it for you or are you back during the day?" Really???? She flew all the way from Ireland just for one presentation? I also could have sworn she referred to the woman as "honey" instead of using her name, but I could be wrong.

And she just greeted John Cullen as sweetie! She needs to be taught some manners on addressing guests. She's not out at a pub and if I had to bet, this is probably the first time she's met most of these folks.

Oh My! Bad in so many aspects. Now she hands her cards to the gentleman vendor and he's looking at her like "what is this woman doing."

And now as she's presenting the Kilronan sweater she called it Aran Craft! Wish the vendor would have called her out on it! Slow it down lady! You can tell she thinks it's all about her! Ya know, ya know, ya know!
Valued Contributor
Maybe I've missed it, but is there some significance in having Ireland on the first two days in September?-----i do not care for this host at all--- she calls other venders by "familiar" names
Regular Contributor
If Jane is watching this from home she is probably cringing!
Super Contributor

This host really does need more training. You don't realize how good the other hosts are until you see something like this!

Super Contributor
On 9/1/2014 chessylady said: It can't be an accident that Jane is not there to kick off Rose of Tralee. She loves these shows and personally knows most of the vendors. It's as if QVC is deliberately devaluing these shows so it is easier to ax them. Do they even read these boards?

I think that's exactly what their intentions are, unfortunately. I'll be surprised if there's a Rose of Tralee next year. St. Patrick's might last a bit longer but probably not much.

I hope that Jane will at least host some of these Irish shows. And while I usually try to refrain from criticizing the host, I agree this one is an embarrassment.

New Contributor

In days gone by it used to be so much fun to watch QVC. The theme days brought such unique products from interesting places. Remember the Oktoberfest shows? The 50/50 tour? The collector's days? We used to have two full days of Irish products on St. Patrick's Day and Rose of Tralee. And it was a tradition to watch Black Hills Gold on American holidays. Of course, we just found out this weekend that BHG is falling by the wayside like the others. It is such a shame. I used to look forward to these shows...they were actually events to plan around...even when I couldn't buy, I always enjoyed watching. How many Vitamix blenders, vacuum cleaners, computers and Bose radios do we really need? How much Philosophy can one person have stashed under the sink? I can get any of these products at my local stores (frequently for similar prices) AND I don't have to pay for shipping. I definitely miss the old Q.