Respected Contributor
I don't know who the host is but she doesn't have a clue. She doesn't know how to pronounce "Tralee." She is stumbling over her words. Where is Jane Tracey? Looks like QVC is also phasing out the Irish shows.
Respected Contributor

I was surprised that Jane was not hosting this show.

New Contributor

I agree. It is bad enough that they have dramatically decreased the number of hours for this event. But this host is an embarrassment. Surely she should have been better prepared for this presentation. I am disgusted.

Respected Contributor
It can't be an accident that Jane is not there to kick off Rose of Tralee. She loves these shows and personally knows most of the vendors. It's as if QVC is deliberately devaluing these shows so it is easier to ax them. Do they even read these boards?
Occasional Contributor
Same thing happened last year with the St. Patrick's Day when I believe it was Courtney who massacred every Irish name. QVC ought be embarrassed to be so unprofessional. It's clear the writing is on the wall for the Irish events that used to be so special and exciting (and smart marketing given the millions of Americans who descend from Irish immigrants) are on their way out. The significantly reduced hours in less than optimum time periods and minimal, ho hom sets are clues to the unimportance Irish products are to the current movers and shakers at QVC. It's very shortsighted as we customers yearn for a little zip and difference in programming to keep us watching. The wealth of vacuum cleaners, laptops, cameras and Susan Graver clothing make me turn away frequently. The Irish shows draw me in, I buy and I tend to remember why I used to watch QVC so much more often. Write to management and tell them how you feel, especially with an ill prepared host. Very tacky, QVC! Bring back the two full days of Irish products and keep the niche you've created.
Super Contributor

This is my first time seeing this host. I also noticed how she made a big deal about not being able to pronounce Connemara. She made me google it.

I love these Irish days. Look forward to them every year. Wish I could buy all the sweaters. Maybe they are saving Jane for later today.

Respected Contributor

On end of the presentation for the Inis perfume, she said to the vendor "is that it for you or are you back during the day?" Really???? She flew all the way from Ireland just for one presentation? I also could have sworn she referred to the woman as "honey" instead of using her name, but I could be wrong.

Respected Contributor

Rose of Tray-lee. Someone should have prepped her, or tell her in her earpiece how to pronounce it correctly.

Super Contributor
The Irish host, John, for the Aran double breasted sweater coat sweater was just called "sweetie" by the Q host. Where is Jane Tracey? We need her on this show.......Also there should have been a TSV for the Rose of Tralee Day........
Regular Contributor
On 9/1/2014 sparklestar said:

On end of the presentation for the Inis perfume, she said to the vendor "is that it for you or are you back during the day?" Really???? She flew all the way from Ireland just for one presentation? I also could have sworn she referred to the woman as "honey" instead of using her name, but I could be wrong.

And she just greeted John Cullen as sweetie! She needs to be taught some manners on addressing guests. She's not out at a pub and if I had to bet, this is probably the first time she's met most of these folks.