Frequent Contributor

Do some of the blooming plants shown on-air look fake to anyone else?  Maybe it's just me, but I'm looking at the Honeymoon Hibiscus plants and the blooms on the plants in the studio don't look real.  I mean if these are real they are a steal at $23.74.  I'm not bashing anyone, this is just an observation.

Honored Contributor

Re: Roberta's Unique Gardens

I assume they are all artifical flowers since this is not the right time of year for every flower/plant to be blooming, plus transporting them to QVC for hot studio light presentations would be damaging.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think Q will sometimes use artificial plants but don't know if that's the case with the hibiscus.  To me, the red & white hibiscus with dinner-plate sized flowers looks fake naturally, almost clownish.

Respected Contributor

A few years ago, I  recall one of the hosts saying they are artificial. Just to show viewers the potential growth. I have purchased from Roberta's before. Once was enough. Won't be purchasing anything from them.

Esteemed Contributor

I purchased once without success. They replaced it, and again no success. Fool me once....

Valued Contributor

I ordered my first and last time from Roberta's when they first started on QVC.  I had to call to make a claim against their "guarantee."  The customer service dept. was extremely rude, talked to me like I was trying to pull some scam on them.  Needless to say, I never ordered any other products again.  Besides, QVC's plant/bulb offerings are, like the majority of the food products, grossly overpriced.

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Esteemed Contributor

@Rockycoast wrote:

A few years ago, I  recall one of the hosts saying they are artificial. Just to show viewers the potential growth. I have purchased from Roberta's before. Once was enough. Won't be purchasing anything from them.

I purchased once from them too, several years ago.  Nothing grew at all - Total waste of money.  But by that time of course it was too late to return or get a refund.

Never, ever again.  

Esteemed Contributor

@katiescarlett wrote:

I ordered my first and last time from Roberta's when they first started on QVC.  I had to call to make a claim against their "guarantee."  The customer service dept. was extremely rude, talked to me like I was trying to pull some scam on them.  Needless to say, I never ordered any other products again.  Besides, QVC's plant/bulb offerings are, like the majority of the food products, grossly overpriced.

I was also spoken to as though I was trying to get away with something.  I was a very good QVC customer then and I had never returned anything before, but they gave me a really hard time about this.  The "guarantee" is nonsense.

I'm not sure why I even ordered it in the first place since there are many places I can go locally to get whatever I want at far better prices.  Lesson learned.

Valued Contributor

I wish the Q would just do away with Roberta's. They sell a lot of exotics that are temperamental and hard to grow and make it seem like everyone anywhere can grow them. Total BS. I ordered once years ago because I was teken in by their spiel, but never again. 

Valued Contributor

I have tried both brands of flowers/herbs that QVC sells,with no luck I seriously suggest buying locally.They sell what grows best for your location.Anyway,that is what has worked foe me.