Regular Contributor

Re: Ripped off by QVC returns

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

Hmmmmm, "new" poster who signed up April of 2013.

And their second post is to slam QVC?

That's a big 'ol red flag for me.

Oh, and btw, QVC doesn't have a handling charge.

That's total and complete bs.

Very observent of you!  Great point

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The shipping is just to high! The only reason I still shop from QVC is mainly that I wear a plus size. I have a hard time finding my size and length. I'm 5'3" and most stores and catalogs make tops to long for me. It use to be QVC had some cute clothes that were different than what I could find in the stores. I don't find that to be the case anymore. If it weren't for my size I wouldn't buy clothing from them. I've decided not to buy any more skincare or cosmetics from them. It's better to go to a store where I can see it and try it on first.Get some exercise while walking around and also there is no charge if I decide to return it. Now and again, they do have a good deal on various items but not often enough.The special QVC of old, like so many things, has gone by the wayside!

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Respected Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

Amazing but I agree with you again.Woman HappyHeart Just not with so much attitude.Woman Happy

Don't worry, be Happy!
Respected Contributor

Wow, just checked my return and it cost me $10.00 to return a ring. RIPOFF! 

I will will be buying much less on QVC from now on.

Honored Contributor

Last week there was a poster complaining about how it cost her $17.95 to return the Vionics TSV.  She never did come back and explain how that could be.

I don't get it.  You pay for the return label charge and you don't get your original s/h back.  How much was the original s/h for the shoes?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

And her only other post is about the "nasty feet" on the models.

As an aside, other posters have said that CS refers to a "handling charge" on returns but I think what CS calls a handling charge is the original s/h that isn't refunded.

QVC Customer Care

@rnmsn wrote:

I just sent a package back with the $6.95 shipping label. In addition I was charged an additional $5.05 handling charge. I also paid the original shiping charge. That's a total of $17.00 to return a pair of shoes. Ridiculous!! Robbery!! I'll bet most customers don't even know about these charges. They probably see a return and don't really look at the amount. I'm so **issed!

@rnmsn I'm really sorry that happened.  Please email QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com and I'd be happy to take a look at the order for you.  Let's see what happened.  

Melvin, Customer Care 

Valued Contributor

Ok, pay the $6.95 to ship back, but to take the other $3.00 from the origionl s/h is just plain wrong. This is why lately after a couple of Clark shoe returns, I really think hard before ordering. Then I realize I don't need it or I go to a BM store, no extra pying to return an item. 

Esteemed Contributor

I really do think that part of the problem is the failure of the QVC CS reps to clearly articulate what the fees are when returning a item.  POsters have complained that they were told that they were charged a "handling " fee or a "restocking" fee when in fact the fee was for the original outgoing postage which is not refunded.  I don't think customers make this up.  I do think that the CS reps are often not as well trained as they should be and use the above mentioned terminology when referring to the original outgoing postage.  We all know that there is no "handling" or "restocking" fee.

Regular Contributor

I agree on the return policy. There has to be a better way of processing returns without customers losing money. I just returned two clothing items. One would not fit and the other looked better on tv. I purchased both on easy pay and only had one payment deducted on each at that point. I look to see that I got a whole quarter back for one and a whopping $1.49 back for the other one after being penalized for the return label. If I'm going to have to pay for shipping something back I would rather it be on my terms not due to some pre-paid label. At that rate if I need to print the label up I should be charging the Q for my ink and paper. On top of that my huge refunds can take up to two billing cycles. That may not be the case but that is horrible service. I buy very little from qvc and after the disappointing results I've been having with the stuff I have bought when I'm extremely picky to begin with I will be ultra careful if I choose to buy anything again.