New Contributor

I just sent a package back with the $6.95 shipping label. In addition I was charged an additional $5.05 handling charge. I also paid the original shiping charge. That's a total of $17.00 to return a pair of shoes. Ridiculous!! Robbery!! I'll bet most customers don't even know about these charges. They probably see a return and don't really look at the amount. I'm so **issed!

Honored Contributor

Re: Ripped off by QVC returns

QVC new shipping policy is you pay for shipping to get the item plus if you return it you don't get that original shipping back plus you have to pay shipping to return it. I don't know about the handling charge you are talking about. I have only returned 1 item since their new policy took effect & it was defective so I did not have to pay to return it. I normally won't buy unless I'm sure I'm going to keep it because I'm not throwing all the money in the trash to get it to me & return it. Reason I don't buy clothes from Q.

You may want to call & ask what the handling charge it? I thought you were only out original & return shipping???

Honored Contributor

@rnmsn

Who charged you an additional $5.05 handling charge?  QVC does not charge additional handling charges.

You lose the cost of using their return label $6.95 AND you don't get refunded your original shipping charge.  That has been their policy for quite a LONG time now.

You should call customer service and have them explain the amount refunded to you.

If an error was made, they can easily correct it.

Honored Contributor

I've never heard of QVC adding a "handling charge".  I'd be on the phone with customer service.

Honored Contributor

@rnmsn

You should copy this post to the 'Customer Care' forum, where the Mods will see it.

They will help you resolve this issue.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Why not consult with people who can actually help you, such as, I don't know, say,  Customer Service?  That might be helpful.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had the same thing happen to me when I returned a pair of shoes.  I found out that alot of times they charge more to ship out shoes to you, so check the orig. shipping charge you paid for postage on the shoes sometimes it can be around $9.00 or even more.  Total rip off !!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Hmmmmm, "new" poster who signed up April of 2013.

And their second post is to slam QVC?

That's a big 'ol red flag for me.

Oh, and btw, QVC doesn't have a handling charge.

That's total and complete bs.

Esteemed Contributor

I refuse to purchase shoes from QVC, the inconsistent sizing even within the same vendor is just not worth it any longer, and the cost double negative for me, never again!

Regular Contributor

@rnmsn wrote:

I just sent a package back with the $6.95 shipping label. In addition I was charged an additional $5.05 handling charge. I also paid the original shiping charge. That's a total of $17.00 to return a pair of shoes. Ridiculous!! Robbery!! I'll bet most customers don't even know about these charges. They probably see a return and don't really look at the amount. I'm so **issed!

I don't see that you called customer service to inquire about these issues.  I have always gotten excellent customer service and my questions answered and many times got the credit that was due.  Getting on the boards does not get you satisfaction.