Super Contributor
On 3/13/2015 GG13 said:
On 3/12/2015 KYToby said:

So, because you purchased something you did not like, made a rash decision which you later regretted, or simply change your mind, you expect QVC to absorb the shipping and pass the charges along to others?

Your comments (no matter the topic) are always so supercilious and condescending. Why?

No kidding!! No need to get ugly...we're just talking!

Valued Contributor

An update on those 4 Susan Graver TSV's that I returned. Since I wrote a letter to QVC CS concerning all the ONE star reviews on the top, and how I felt it was not represented on-air as it appeared in person, they refunded every penny to me. That was only fair (imo). I order a lot from QVC, and I never-ever complain to them about anything. When I saw the product I received compared to what appeared on t.v, I felt very deceived. It paid for me to stand up for what is right. BTW, the top has approximately 100 1 star reviews concerning fit/fabric. That speaks volumes to me.

Thank you QVC. You have kept me as a customer because you were fair, and I appreciate that!

Honored Contributor

So, because you purchased something you did not like, made a rash decision which you later regretted, or simply change your mind, you expect QVC to absorb the shipping and pass the charges along to others?

As usual, an oversimplification and assumption of 'wrong doing' on the part of customers that supposes the Q is always right... and that every aspect of the customer experience really should be weighted in the Q's favor...

How about instead of assuming that all returns are based on 'rash decisions' we give a nod to the reality that something purchased based on a picture or on-air presentation might legitimately not work out for a variety of reasons... And so the Q expects us to pay two-way shipping for the privilege of seeing something in person or trying something on for size that doesn't work out and then having nothing to show for our expenditure? It cuts both ways.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor
On 3/16/2015 stevieb said:

As usual, an oversimplification and assumption of 'wrong doing' on the part of customers that supposes the Q is always right... and that every aspect of the customer experience really should be weighted in the Q's favor...

How about instead of assuming that all returns are based on 'rash decisions' we give a nod to the reality that something purchased based on a picture or on-air presentation might legitimately not work out for a variety of reasons... And so the Q expects us to pay two-way shipping for the privilege of seeing something in person or trying something on for size that doesn't work out and then having nothing to show for our expenditure? It cuts both ways.

I think "the impulsive buyer" excuse by the QVC defenders has become a bit tiresome.....There's the inconsistent sizing and sometimes the measurements on QVC.com are even WRONG!!!---you get it home and that "tunic" top is 25 " instead of 29 1/2". But it's ALL THE CUSTOMERS FAULT.....{#emotions_dlg.glare}

And even those of us that have re-ordered an item (and it can be anything from clothes to lock-n-lock to linens to cookware to handbags) and finding instead of the original quality item QVC used to have, it seems to be just a cheap knockoff of what they used to sell......QVC can lay the fault at the feet of the consumer---but whats going to happen is that a lot of long time customers will just turn to other retailers...keep pointing the finger at the customers QVC.......gives a whole new meaning to giving one "the finger".....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

So why are you surprised?

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Honored Contributor
On 3/30/2015 ncascade said:

So why are you surprised?

Sadly, I'm not... Neither by the Q's insistence on having everything their way nor by the ill conceived rationale employed by those who defend them... at all costs, so to speak...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor
On 3/13/2015 GG13 said:

Your comments (no matter the topic) are always so supercilious and condescending. Why?

Simply put, because business is business and the ignorance here on these boards is sometimes so astounding KYToby, myself and others just cannot stand it! Expand your minds a little bit.

Super Contributor

That's what they've been doing for the past 28 years. Of course an abrupt change in this policy is going to meet with resistance by some customers. Why are you so surprised
Esteemed Contributor
On 3/31/2015 fitfuninformed said:
On 3/13/2015 GG13 said:

Simply put, because business is business and the ignorance here on these boards is sometimes so astounding KYToby, myself and others just cannot stand it! Expand your minds a little bit.

Supercilious or Haughty? Both are great, descriptive words... and both apply.

Supercilious people think very highly of themselves, more highly than of others. Think of them as a "super silly @ ss", and you'll remember the basic sense of supercilious.

Most supercilious people are just insecure.

Haughty: the insulting attitude of people who think that they are better, smarter, or more important than other people

Esteemed Contributor

Well, that's what their selling information tells us to do: if you don't love it, return it and no questions asked.