Occasional Contributor
What!? A host that that didn't interrupt the guest host in mid-sentence or denouncing 'I Know' when precious lady offering her invaluable suggestions?!? These two should be paired, often. Thank you for wonderful products and show.
Honored Contributor

Remarkably, he does a good job with the Valerie shows.  He probably doesn't know enough about decorating to make an intelligent interruption so he's wise enough to keep his mouth shut. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

My fave hosts with Valerie are Rick and Jayne B.

Esteemed Contributor

@Bustier  I have enjoyed Rick in the home shows lately. He does his homework, and he is very aware of what is going on contemporaneously. I don't know if he knows about home decor, but he can sure go with the flow. I think VPH enjoyed him.

Respected Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

Me too. Jayne was great with her last time she was on!  I'd add Mary Beth; I think she's also very good with Valerie and let's her talk.

It's funny tastes change, times change...Rick, as much as I sometimes found him amusing, used to be too ENERGIZED!!...for my sensibilities to watch. And yet...during Covid...I find myself sometimes tuning in when he's on...I don't know...he's crazy hyper sometimes, but he's also seemed like a welcomed "upbeat" bit of selling I just enjoyed during these down times. I also watched him on one of those host videos they did a few months ago...I forget the theme, but all the hosts were telling personal stories. His touched me...saw a different, human side to him, beyond the lively showman/salesman.

Side note...I know Michael Dawkins is no longer on, but back in the day, they were surprisiingly great together too...like a funny bromance. Rick has a way of pairing with vendors you might not think would work with him...but they do.

Honored Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

@queendiva -

My favorites with her tooSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

It was a great show!!

Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@queendiva wrote:

@queendiva -

My favorites with her tooSmiley Happy

--------------

Add me to the faves list too!!  Jayne and Rick work well with Valerie; she seems to connect with their personalities. Both Jayne and Rick make Valerie, and me, laugh!!

Esteemed Contributor

The only time I can watch Rick is when he's paired with Valerie—they are really fun together. But today, it seemed like Rick had forgotten how cameras work, constantly running up to shove items into the lens as if that would actually give a good closeup. But his enthusiasm was still pretty charming, and we did get the details we needed between his antics and Valerie's demonstrations, so it was a great break on an otherwise dreary day.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Very enjoyable show!