Regular Contributor

Watching Rick this morning and my god he doesn't miss a beat. The most amazing thing about him is that you wont see him holding his note cards. Other hosts are so married to their cards. I recently saw one host drop a card and the look on her face....so funny.

Honored Contributor

@StopTalking   I like Rick a lot,but he most often faces different challenges than the hosts who present 50 or more different color names and sizes in a one hour show -- and may not see those same items ever again or those same color names even.  Way more details than lots of other kinds of items.  Wonder if he might use a card with an hour of Kim or Isaac or Susan?

Regular Contributor

Re: Rick is a natural!

[ Edited ]

I believe one of Ricks other job responsibility is that he instructs and prepares hosts for being on air live. This makes sense... 

From LinkedIn.....

Sales, Marketing and Training
Domeier has set Sales records at QVC, presenting thousands of products, with Sales exceeding a Billion dollars. He has trained QVC Hosts in America, QVC Italy and QVC France. And yes, he can speak non-stop for three hours about the world's finest simulated Diamond, Diamonique.

Trusted Contributor

I Love Rick,I didn't always but over the years have come to love him more and more. Such a pleasure to watch.

Having said that i also love Carolyn and Dan on Sunday mornings but today was a nice change.  I realize Carolyn is on vacation and Dan is out on Medical but it was just nice.

Regular Contributor

I disagree about Carolyn. She is the one host that is never prepared and so reliant on her cards. Its like she knows that she has been there forever and doesn't need to prepare. 

Honored Contributor

It's no mistake that Rick has been at the Q as long as he has.  He knows what he is doing.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

We all have talents in certain areas so some may want the cards as a backup just in case and some may have trouble remembering every detail while others can remember things just in one reading.  My sister is that way - she sees something once and it stays with her.  Like @millieshops  stated he also does not have the constant shows where he needs to list colors and more details like clothing shows.

Esteemed Contributor

Rick has grown on me over the years. I use to not be able to take all of that hyperactivity, but he is always prepared. 

He had me cracking up this morning with the Bose presentation, especially his interactions with Mary D.

I truly appreciate how he can get people off the phone who call in with long winded testimonials. I know a bit snarky but I do appreciate that particular  skillset. lol

Honored Contributor

@StopTalking wrote:

I believe one of Ricks other job responsibility is that he instructs and prepares hosts for being on air live. This makes sense... 

From LinkedIn.....

Sales, Marketing and Training
Domeier has set Sales records at QVC, presenting thousands of products, with Sales exceeding a Billion dollars. He has trained QVC Hosts in America, QVC Italy and QVC France. And yes, he can speak non-stop for three hours about the world's finest simulated Diamond, Diamonique.

@StopTalking   I like Rick very much.  I think he's a great host.

But Linkedin is a self-populated online service for personal and professional branding, just like someone writing their own resume.  I'm not saying any of Rick's is incorrect. I'm just saying you can probably pull up a thousand Linkedin profiles and they'll all probably say they've save the world in their field. Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

My opinion of Rick has changed with time.... I love when he hosts the Valerie Parr Hill Shows....he's informative, witty, and adds some humor to the show....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”