Respected Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

A triple threat to who?

I can't tell if you're being facetious or not but a triple threat is a performer who acts, sings and dances. @StopTalking is complimenting the effectivenness at which Mr. Domeier sells a wide breadth of merchandise.

Respected Contributor

can't sayi ve ever watched him.i have read there is this bicker rant between him and shawn.have no idea why tho

Respected Contributor

@banned again wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

A triple threat to who?

I can't tell if you're being facetious or not but a triple threat is a performer who acts, sings and dances. @StopTalking is complimenting the effectivenness at which Mr. Domeier sells a wide breadth of merchandise.

The definition of a triple threat is someone in a particular field who exhibits three skills that are necessary to excel. Mr Domeier demonstrates his ability to sell merchandise.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Trusted Contributor

@banned again wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

A triple threat to who?

Rick isn't a "performer". He's a salesman. I might concede that some of it is a form of acting to show enthusiasm and promote value for the product. He doesn't sing, he doesn't dance. The OP might more precisely have termed Rick a triple asset in that he is versatile enough to sell any type of product, he is appealing to most viewers, and he is engaging to maintain interest which helps convert to sales. 

Applying "triple threat" as a term of art referring to stage or big screen performers seems out of context. Thst is why "threat" sounds out of place. A threat puts something at risk. An asset enhances value. Rick is certainly a gifted salesman and an asset to QVC. 

Regular Contributor

See the sad thing about a guy like you is in 50 years you're gonna start doin' some thinkin' on your own and you're gonna come up with the fact that there are two certainties in life. One: don't do that. And two: You dropped a hundred and fifty grand on a education you coulda' got for a dollar fifty in late charges at the public library.

Trusted Contributor
@StopTalking

I agree with your original post. Rick is a versatile host/salesman. I especially enjoy him with Valerie. But I have no idea what you're talking about in your post right before mine???
Respected Contributor

@StopTalking 

What is that comment about an education supposed to mean?   How did the topic take that turn?  I am mystified by the comment.

Esteemed Contributor

@StopTalking wrote:

See the sad thing about a guy like you is in 50 years you're gonna start doin' some thinkin' on your own and you're gonna come up with the fact that there are two certainties in life. One: don't do that. And two: You dropped a hundred and fifty grand on a education you coulda' got for a dollar fifty in late charges at the public library.

@StopTalking 

Say What??

Esteemed Contributor

I like Rick, and I think his energy is fabulous. He is very funny, and very skilled. I do think he is an acquired taste for some that are not used to his energetic personality.

Trusted Contributor

@gizmogal wrote:

@banned again wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

A triple threat to who?

Rick isn't a "performer". He's a salesman. I might concede that some of it is a form of acting to show enthusiasm and promote value for the product. He doesn't sing, he doesn't dance. The OP might more precisely have termed Rick a triple asset in that he is versatile enough to sell any type of product, he is appealing to most viewers, and he is engaging to maintain interest which helps convert to sales. 

Applying "triple threat" as a term of art referring to stage or big screen performers seems out of context. Thst is why "threat" sounds out of place. A threat puts something at risk. An asset enhances value. Rick is certainly a gifted salesman and an asset to QVC. 

Rick is a performer, too. Some trivia, he is one of the reporters in Die Hard and acted on the soaps. I think Dave King, a former Q host is in the movie, too.