Respected Contributor

I continue to advocate for an "Old Timers Day" at the Q.  Designate one day where all the hosts from the past come back and sell.  Sign them to a one day contact and let them air for 2 hours....  Kathy, Steve Byrant, Lynn Tucker, Patti Reilly, Lisa Mason, Dan Wheeler, Lisa Robertson and Dave King.  Let Bob do a kitchen show,  Kathy can handle fashions. I bet sales revenues would boom too.

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

I continue to advocate for an "Old Timers Day" at the Q.  Designate one day where all the hosts from the past come back and sell.  Sign them to a one day contact and let them air for 2 hours....  Kathy, Steve Byrant, Lynn Tucker, Patti Reilly, Lisa Mason, Dan Wheeler, Lisa Robertson and Dave King.  Let Bob do a kitchen show,  Kathy can handle fashions. I bet sales revenues would boom too.

@Reever   I don't think there's any way Lisa R. would come back.  She left on very bad terms and has said she would never come back.  She won't even say QVC's name.  She calls it "the place I used to work."  I'm sure the majority of them are busy with their next life and don't have time to come back.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

I just watched the video on Facebook.  What a treat!  When he said she should come back to QVC and she held up her phone and said her phone isn't ringing. . . 🤣 I'd tune in if she came back on Q as a host.

Did you catch her telling the story about going to Hawaii (I think it was) and Lisa Robertson was there but not with Q but with Paul K.?  I didn't realize they knew each other before Q.

I enjoyed the stories and will check in next time Rick does another video from his rec room.  

Trusted Contributor

OMG! I just watched the video on FB, too.  It was wonderful; I laughed so hard.  I also wish Kathy would return but at least you can watch the old stuff.  Things change.  There was so much more stuff she could have said; this should be a weekly show!!

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Honored Contributor

Kathy wrote 2 tell all books during her stint at the Q, one in 1995 the other in 1997, they are wonderful, maybe you can find them on amazon or ebay. I met her in person just before she left the Q in 2000 and she signed both books for me. 

Respected Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

Did you catch her telling the story about going to Hawaii (I think it was) and Lisa Robertson was there but not with Q but with Paul K.?  I didn't realize they knew each other before Q.

I think Kathy meant that Lisa Robertson was not the program host of the show. Lisa Robertson joined QVC as program host in March 1995. The QVC 50-in-50 Tour stopped in Hawaii on Saturday, December 16, 1995 with Kathy and Bob as hosts and on January 11, 1997 with Judy Crowell and Steve Bryant as hosts. Paul Kelley attended all 50-in-50 shows to interact with the audience. Perhaps Lisa Robertson helped Paul in that capacity for QVC.

Honored Contributor
I thought Lisa and Paul Kelly dated for a while. Maybe she just went with him!
Super Contributor

Lisa R. did date Paul Kelly.  I saw her at a meet and greet and she discussed it a bit.  So, that is a true statement.

Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:

I'm trying to figure out how the presence of these sales people would boost sales.  Wouldn't they have to push current products?  I shopped QVC back then when the products presented were unique and not offered by most other retailers.  Since then, competition became so much greater, which is actually a good thing for shoppers.  The present situation is showing who the strong retailers are, and shoppers are figuring out they don't need a lot of those items they previously shopped for.  Should be interesting going forward.   

Respected Contributor
I tried to watch the video yesterday, not a FB member, and was not able to for some reason. Wasn’t Kathy Rick’s mentor? Wish I had not donated Kathy’s books years ago, would be interesting to go back and read them again.

Don’t ever look for a former host reunion day in Q. For one thing, very costly to have legal negotiate the host agreements. Also don’t think LisaR would come anywhere near the place!