Regular Contributor

Was watching Rick and Alberti recently and notice they barely use cue cards. They are so prepared for promoting their products. On the other hand Carolyn is never prepared and holds on to her cue cards like her life depends on it. I think she feels that she has been there too long to prepare for a show.I say time for retirement. Shes presenting rugs now and so not prepared!!!! wow!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Rick & Alberti No Cue Cards

That makes sense to  me.  I like Rick and Alberti and I agree, they are never lost for words!  LOL, they do seem well prepared for whatever they present and I like the energy they both have.  I enjoy their shows.

Respected Contributor

Im watching. Caroline is amazing. So what that she has her cards so that she can speak to the many details of these rugs? 

She doesnt have dementia, she is not too old, as you suggest. Im younger than Caroline and find her to be one of my favorites actually. 

I think your post is  unbelievably mean-spirited and frankly the fact of whether she "needs" to retire or not is weird considering there are no issues to inspire that opinion except for your own prejudice.

Honored Contributor

I suspect a host's dependence on notes depends on how much time they had to prepare, how often they've presented the product before, and how good their memory is (!).  I'd give them the benefit of a doubt.

Respected Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

I suspect a host's dependence on notes depends on how much time they had to prepare, how often they've presented the product before, and how good their memory is (!).  I'd give them the benefit of a doubt.

And...also if there is a table in front of them to put the cards down on and look at while the camera is on the product or vendor. Like all hosts do by the way.. When you are selling rugs, you are carrying the cards. ("not holding onto them for dear life"). 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think Carolyn does a good job as a host. I've never not seen her prepared. I also like Alberti and Rick. Although Rick sometimes tends to be a bit hyper.

Trusted Contributor

I think these post bashing hosts need to retire.  Don't like something, change the channel.  Takes much less effort than spewing negativity that has no value other than to be snarky.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Always critics.  Just let them do their job.  Not easy.  I don't care as long as I get the info I want and if I don't I go on line and read about it.  

I'd rather watch Carolyn.  One of my favorites.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is unkind

QVC Customer Care

This thread has been blocked for new replies