Respected Contributor

Re: Rick Never Has a Co-Host

[ Edited ]

Not true. I saw him on with someone last week. I think it was Sandra. I think they were doing a garden show. Way too hyper for me. Why is he always yelling?

Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

If he had a co-host, that person wouldn't be able to get in a word edgewise.

@Kachina624  - can you imagine Rick and Jane T. together??

BBSD2017410.jpg

Respected Contributor

He has a co-host when it's a Gourmet Food Show......

Esteemed Contributor

He's cohosted with others many, many times over the years, including this:

28bc8cfdcc542e00f19ff7c64859ce1a--rick-and-shawnee.jpg

Trusted Contributor

I Love Rick and especially his shows with Valerie Parr Hil.  I think they make a great team.  He is paired with other hosts occasionally. If I am going to watch a food show (and it is rare because I find them BORING) I prefer to watch when he is hosting.  I think he is excellent at Jewelry shows.

He is on at midnight a lot because he is there to push the TSV.  For  awhile he was dubbed as Captain Midnight.  I have to believe that is because he could sell the heck out of a TSV. 

I love his energy and the fact that he doesn't take himself too  seriously AND the fact that he doesn't make the show about him but he does make it about the product which is what a good salesperson should do.

Respected Contributor

Rarely does he have a co-host - but I've seen him not to long ago on a cooking show with  a co-host....eating.

Honored Contributor

@banned again wrote:

If Rick was the top salesperson he wouldn't be on QVC2.

@banned again   I don't agree with that statement at all.  

Every host has shows periodically on QVC2.  Shawn has PM Style about twice a month. David Venable has Catching Up with David twice a month.  Mary Beth Roe, Dan Hughes, and Jayne Brown are on QVC 2 quite a lot.  

Esteemed Contributor

Someone who knows everything about the inner workings, minutiae and operations of QVC should know that, I would think.

Respected Contributor

With Fashion Days coming up, In the Kitchen with David is moved over to QVC2 - to the chagrin of David's fanbase which voice their resounding displeasure over the change. I don't see Rick fans that passionate: I think David is QVC's top seller.

Esteemed Contributor

I watched a little of the show  as I was interested in one of the necklaces  , but atlas  turned the TV off.   If Rick would just slow it down, act calm  , speak in a  non yell talk style  his presentations  would be  more enjoyable  in my opinion.  Remember Wes MCCoy , he  had a calm demeanor in selling jewelry on ShopHq