Esteemed Contributor

Re: Rick Munching On Corky's!

I have seen many, many different programs with cooking demonstrations and everyone was eating on air, on camera.

Honored Contributor

@StopTalking wrote:

The hypocrisy over this eating or not eating is so ridiculous. Eating live on the set is not going to kill you! They cant eat a fresh bag of popcorn out of the microwave or when  opening a fresh can of nuts? Never seen anything so incredibly dumb. I'm watching the Corky's presentation live - right now. The host acts like all the chicken is contaminated! Great way to sell Corky's food. 

@StopTalking   Have you seen the quarterly financials for QVC since the pandemic?  The food genre on QVC/HSN has been through the roof!  I'd say Corky has been doihg very well indeed -- with no eating on air.  

Why in the world does it matter whether you see the hosts eat?  How is that hypocrisy?  Anyway, all any of them say for every bite -- "it's sooooo good, amazing, delicious!"  It's sales for goodness sake.  

Honored Contributor

Let's say they eat and don't care for the product, they won't say that.  I would prefer  that they don't eat, because when they did, so many acted like starving wolves.  I mean you either want the product  or you don't.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@StopTalking wrote:

The hypocrisy over this eating or not eating is so ridiculous. Eating live on the set is not going to kill you! They cant eat a fresh bag of popcorn out of the microwave or when  opening a fresh can of nuts? Never seen anything so incredibly dumb. I'm watching the Corky's presentation live - right now. The host acts like all the chicken is contaminated! Great way to sell Corky's food. 

Eat it or don't eat it.  Why is that a huge deal.  I'm watching to shop and purchase.  Makes no difference if they eat it or not ... as long as they are not playing in it.

Honored Contributor

@StopTalking  LOL same old, same old from you!

Valued Contributor

Eating stopped...playing continues.

Honored Contributor

Sheesh....let them eat!!

Esteemed Contributor

Clearly, it's promo of him chomping on the drumstick and he appears to be off set.  The hosts are still not allowed to eat on on set and on camera.  I think everyone will survive.  People are still buying the food offered by the Q and that's all Q really cares about.

Respected Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

I find this thread amusing. Before COVID there were multiple complaints about the hosts eating while demonstrating food items. 

Do they have to eat everything.

Look how they shove the food in their mouth.

X hosts is eating with their mouth open. 

X host is eating and talking at the same time. 

During COVID the complaints flipped to why are hosts not eating food. 

Whats that quote again.

You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
 John Lydgate

You are so right about that.   Before Covid it was nonstop complaints on the boards about the hosts eating just as you said, and now complaining about them NOT eating!  Good grief, people will make a fuss no matter what they do!  They can't win.

Honored Contributor

'Let them eat chicken'........

*(Said in a nice, humorous way)

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).