Trusted Contributor

Reviews requiring a photo now?

I tried to post a review and first it says that photos are optional, but then it says you have to fill in at least one optional field, and the only optional field is photos? So apparently I'm missing something or optional isn't really optionsl?

Honored Contributor

Re: Reviews requiring a photo now?

@lizzief 

One can by-pass this seemingly necessary step.

Just choose "proceed" and you won't need to post a photo.

The way it is set up is deceiving tho... difficult to detect that this step can be by-passed.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

I just wrote a review for the TSV pillows and it went through fine without a picture. I'll not review any items if it requires me taking a photo

Respected Contributor

@lizzief I just last week posted a couple reviews and that picture option pops up, it might have popped up twice..but you can bypass it, and my reviews posted without a pic. I don't think that has changed. Doesn't even sound like anything a website would do; it'd really lessen how many reviews they would get and no reason to do that. If you try again, I think you'll see you can bypass it still.

Respected Contributor

Reviews should be easy. I was confused at first when the photo option popped up, but realized I could ignore it and still proceed. People will stop posting reviews if it's annoying to get past that option.

Trusted Contributor

I've been able to bypass that step.

Requiring video and photos is the thing now. I frequently buy from a company that I really like that is now requiring videos w/ their reviews. I won't do it, so I stopped writing reviews for their product.

Respected Contributor

@lizzief wrote:

I tried to post a review and first it says that photos are optional, but then it says you have to fill in at least one optional field, and the only optional field is photos? So apparently I'm missing something or optional isn't really optionsl?

I had the same problem and I could not bypass the "photo option". I tried everything, even starting from the very beginning.

Again this is another example of the frustration of doing business with QVC.  Every so often I cannot sign in, I call customer service they give me the "talking points," I do everything they say, nothing works, I refuse to continue to change my password, I wait a couple weeks,  try to sign on absolutely no problem.

QVC always tells me it's my fault.   They have lost an incredible amount of business from me, and I refused to call to place an order.

Honored Contributor

I think all of these problems are caused by different platforms.

I've never run into any of them, either with ordering or trying to write a review, and I'm either on my iPad or desktop (MS Edge).

However, QVC is a big enough and long-enough-established business to be able to prevent these kinds of issues.  It's not as if the divergence into other platforms happened overnight.

The customer has a right to feel annoyed, IMO, and it will likely affect their business.

Trusted Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

I think all of these problems are caused by different platforms.

I've never run into any of them, either with ordering or trying to write a review, and I'm either on my iPad or desktop (MS Edge).

However, QVC is a big enough and long-enough-established business to be able to prevent these kinds of issues.  It's not as if the divergence into other platforms happened overnight.

The customer has a right to feel annoyed, IMO, and it will likely affect their business.

I agree with most of what you're saying here.  I'd just like to add that some people don't update their devices quickly when updates are released and that seems to impact the user experience.  I mostly use my iPad and can honestly say I don't see the issues others post about.  

Trusted Contributor

I hit "skip" on the step 2 photo part.

Takes you to step 3 - "would you recommend" 

Then it will submit.