Occasional Contributor

When a negative review is submitted it will not be posted unless QVC approves of the wording.  I am not speaking of foul. Language just a truthful review of a product and the poor quality of some products.  Don't believe the reviews because they are made to look favorable with censorship!

Spoiler

Valued Contributor

I couldn't agree more.  One time I wote a 'warning' review regarding the Sistema microwave cookers.  They had plastic racks on which to place your food.  During the cooking process, the plastic melted into the bacon.  That is a health hazard, to say the least.  When I wrote my review, it was rejected due to 'not following guidelines.'  I did not use vulgarity but merely stated what happened and felt the product should be removed.  While my review was not posted, several weeks later I noticed the product on clearance and now it is gone.  In my opinion, they should not have put it on clearance as other people would purchase it thinking they snagged a great bargain.  Shame on QVC.  I very rarely purchase anything as I don't trust them.  I'd rather shop locally where I can see and feel the products and return when necessary.  Yes, the Q, definitely censors reviews thereby making the reviews virtually useless. Like so many others, I'm pretty much done with QVC.                docsgirl

Super Contributor

Agreed. They only publish the ones they want. Not cool. Trying so hard to break up with QVC... 

Honored Contributor

That's interesting.  I've posted plenty of poor reviews that speak to the product in specific detail.  In ten years, all have posted, except one that occured at least five years ago.  I've seen lots of poor rating reviews.

Respected Contributor

Re: Reviews are censored

[ Edited ]

I agree.  I know I've reviewed 3 items and gave them a poor rating and stated why.  My reviews were never posted.

Also, 4 days ago I reviewed a bracelet J320797, didn't give a bad review just a medium rating and the review has not been posted yet.

Trusted Contributor

The OP and those in agreement are incorrect.

QVC allows, and posts, plenty of negative reviews.  QVC has clear guidelines, though, on the review itself.  Tje guidelines are clearlu defined and available to everyone.  Any review, even a glowing, positive review whicj vop;ates tjese guidelines will not be posted. 

The solution?  Rewrote tje revoew cprrect;ly.

Before making such statements, accusing QVC of censorship and making claims of unethical practices, perhaps one should actually read the rules and follow them. 

Respected Contributor

My critical reviews always get posted.  I am respectful in my criticism though.

Respected Contributor

HSN and Kohl's also REALLY censors reviews even worse than QVC.  

You can't trust many retailers. 

Honored Contributor

I can't remember ever having a review rejected.  I see plenty of 1 star reviews.  It's all about the wording.  The q doesn't manage the reviews, it's outsourced to another company.  They follow the standards given to them, but they aren't perfect either.

Honored Contributor

I wish that those who complain about their reviews being declined could post them here for us to see. And I don't mean after the thought paraphrasing but the review verbatim.

When I was reviewing here, I posted some positive but mostly negative reviews (some were VERY negative), but I did abide by the stated guidelines.

Every single review I submitted was posted.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland