Respected Contributor

Re: Returns and shipping charges...checking your refund

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox for some reason, some, but not all, return labels have both a pre-pay label and a second one with instructions to use it if you pay the postage yourself. It only has the QVC return address. Why not all the receipts have this I don't know. 

Respected Contributor

The first time this happened to me was the last. I just cave and use their label. Besides, sometimes it's cheaper than paying postage myself, and I don't want to hassle with a CS negotiation. But more than that, QVC's practice of charging us for a service it's not providing has made me much more careful about buying since I don't like paying $7+ both ways to try" something anyway.

Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

I am confused the QVC label that is provided comes off your return and is not prepaid, I think that is on the other shopping channel, if it is an option here I have never seen it

It is considered prepaid by QVC, but if you use that label you will have $6.95 deducted from your refund.

Honored Contributor

Happens ALL the time...has been happening for YEARS!

So many threads have brought this problem up and yet QVC never has corrected the issue.

Poor training in the returns dept., sloppy and careless return transactions?  I don't know but it is annoying.

Yes, sometimes there is a NON prepaid return address label you can use when you are paying your own return postage.

I thought the error was occurring when I used it...and the returns associate incorrectly deducted the return $6.95 postage.

So I stopped using it.  I use a big black marker and HANDWRITE the return address and pay my own.

STILL HAPPENS!  LOL  $6.95 deducted when NEITHER label was used.

I give up BUT I dog my account carefully if I have to return something to make sure NO mistakes happen.  Shouldn't have to...but ya better!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@millieshops wrote:

Returns are a nightmare -  for consumers and retailers.

We consumers have to check everywhere, not just QVC, that our accounts are correctly credited.  Fortunately most of us don't make a thousand returns a year and the task is small compared to what we might save although I actually save more checking my supermarket receipts for accuracy than I've ever saved at QVC.

@millieshops, no most of don't make a thousand returns a year, but QVC receives thousands of returns a year, so this mistake adds up big time in Q's favor. I wonder how come this error always happens with them coming out on top. I wonder how many times do they NOT deduct the return fee when someone has used their label...hmmm.... I have had this happen to me a few times. A few weeks ago I called and a rep told me that this was their new policy, to charge the return label fee even if you don't use it. I told her that is illegal and asked to speak to a supervisor. A supervisor then came on the line and apologized for the reps lack of knowledge and refunded the return fee they charge me. Each time I ask the rep why do they assume everyone is using their return label. I live in Philly so it is cheaper to pay for my returns myself b/c the return doesn't have far to go back to Q's warehouse, plus the return is processed much, much faster if I pay on my own.

Respected Contributor

I use the pre-paid label most often for clothes or a heavy/bulky item as it's usually less than if I pay the postage myself. Jewelry or makeup are a different matter; it's often cheaper to pay the postage yourself. I don't return often, but it's smart to check the refund amount if you pay the postage yourself. They need a better, more accurate processing system. Easy pay items make the math a bit more complicated, which was the situation in this case.

Honored Contributor

I use their return label if it is a heavier item like a jacket or heavy sweater, etc.  If it is an eyeliner or a lighweight cosmetic, I prefer to pay the postage with insurance.    I am ordering less because they do not have a lot of items I like any more and I can shop locally at much better clothing prices.  Also, to "try on" clothing it costs at least $10. if you use their label.   The programming is very boring now too. 

Respected Contributor

I know myself that I've been experiencing when paying my own returns that it is costing me more than the $6.95. It didn't use to be that way. Apparently shipping costs are still going up steadily. I for one am not ordering clothes anymore as the cost of trying something on is too much. I have been charged back the $6.95 when I haven't used it, but they do credit my account right away when I call CS. I try to check my refunds right away or when I get my credit card statement I really go over it. It's a real hassel at times. Years ago QVC was a lot more accurate.

Honored Contributor

@DJs momThe sad thing about return problems is that many of those who run into problems are not often the same one abusing the return policy.  Most companies lose more by the abusers than they do by the truly necessary returns.

I wish companies could find a way to weed out more of the abusers so the rest of us can continue to order and return when it's really necessary, but we'll always have to watch our accounts.  No matter what company policies are, one worker who is assigned to carry them out and ignores detail can cause all kinds of problems. 

You're right that QVC receives thousands of returns a year - I used that number as hyperbole to make my point - but now that you used it, I will say I'm amazed there are so few complaints here. 

Honored Contributor

Knock on wood, I've not had this happen to me with QVC or HSN.  99% of the time I do use the prepaid label though.

You always, always need to check your return amount though and make sure you are being refunded the correct amount.

There are times when I've used easypay and my return is processed either the day before or the same day as my next easypay is charged to my account.  Therefore, they cross and I'm charged another easypay that wasn't included in my refund and I have to call and they have to refund that easypay.