Respected Contributor

Returns and shipping charges...checking your refund

I would put this in the Suggestion Box forum but I have no solution to offer. I recently returned two packages. One I used the pre-pay label and one I paid the postage myself. I used the return label provided for when paying up front and was still charged the $6.95 pre-pay rate, so I called CS and was helped promptly (thank you). This type of mistake seems to happen frequently based on other threads. There must be a better way to scan in or indicate which payment option was used. I always review any return information provided by QVC via email, but these $7 mailing refund mistakes probably add up to some serious $. Part of the reason I shop with QVC is their integrity, and accurate refunds are certainly an important component of integrity. Please QVC, review this issue and find a more reliable method of applying postage/handling charges.

Honored Contributor

Re: Returns and shipping charges...checking your refund

I am confused the QVC label that is provided comes off your return and is not prepaid, I think that is on the other shopping channel, if it is an option here I have never seen it

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Valued Contributor

I've  recently had this happen to me a couple of times. The second time the customer service rep liked for my tracking number. I had it and read it off to her. I'm sure she had no idea what my tracking number was and was just testing me. She did refund the $6.95. 

I asked why this happens and she didn't have an answer.

“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.” Abraham Lincoln
Honored Contributor

Returns are a nightmare -  for consumers and retailers.

We consumers have to check everywhere, not just QVC, that our accounts are correctly credited.  Fortunately most of us don't make a thousand returns a year and the task is small compared to what we might save although I actually save more checking my supermarket receipts for accuracy than I've ever saved at QVC.

Just last week I read an article in the business pages about problems at another very large retailert who is downsizing its workforce and revisiting its very generpous return policy.  People have already lost jobs -  a new return policy is in the works but is still a few months away.  The return problem they are having is consumer abuse, but they did not specify the abuses.  Maybe their new policy will clarify that.

Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

I am confused the QVC label that is provided comes off your return and is not prepaid, I think that is on the other shopping channel, if it is an option here I have never seen it

@I am still oxox I think the OP means that if you use the return label that amount will be deducted from your refund; however, if you use your own method of returning and pay for it yourself, they are at times still deducting the return label amount.  So in essence you're being charged for using the label when you have not. 

Valued Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

Usually there are 2 return labels provided. One is prepaid and the other says if you want to use your own mail provider use this label.

IMO they use fine print to notify you that there is a $6.95 charge to use their label.

“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.” Abraham Lincoln
Respected Contributor

@azgal wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

Usually there are 2 return labels provided. One is prepaid and the other says if you want to use your own mail provider use this label.

IMO they use fine print to notify you that there is a $6.95 charge to use their label.

Yup.  Sometimes I don't even have the label to use to pay on my own.  I actually have to look up the return address and print it off or write it directly on the package.

Valued Contributor

@makenaThat's true. The last return I had did not have the self pay label but it did have the address to send it . They don't make it easy, do they?

Trusted Contributor

Having had the same experience of being charged when I did not use the return label, I now do not  remove the pre-paid label from the return slip, but cross it out, so they see it could not possibly have been used.

Respected Contributor

@azgal wrote:

@makenaThat's true. The last return I had did not have the self pay label but it did have the address to send it . They don't make it easy, do they?

@azgal no they don't; they make it profitable on their part.  But we're onto them!!!