Contributor

Return given to USPS then turned over to Shipping agent partner Newgistics

Used Qvc return label thinking that USPS would be handling the return only to discover that it was turned over to a shipping partner called Newgistics and that USPS will no longer give out any further tracking updates.  I did a google search on this company andf they received nothing but negative reviews  Why on earth would Q allow such a company to handle returns  Spoke to one agent in CS at Q and they never even heard of the company spoke to another and they did, there is no way to track the status anymore   Smiley Mad

Honored Contributor

Re: Return given to USPS then turned over to Shipping agent partner Newgistics

A lot of companies do this.  The package will sit at the post office until the third party picks them up.  I had a return to Lands End sit and sit last month so I emailed the post office through their website and they told me a lot of companies handle returns this way.  No wonder returns can take so long.

Honored Contributor

Did USPS give you a receipt?  That's all you need as proof you returned it.  I also get an email from the q saying your return is on the way when it leaves the location where I dropped it off.

Honored Contributor

Cheaper shipping for the company, they hold your money longer--so it's great for them.  The packages are insured I'll bet, so one way or another they get their money back.

As soon as the USPS scans in the package, it's not your problem any more.  KEEP track of the scan number!

Trusted Contributor

Just keep your tracking number from the return label, and you are fine.  If there is ever a question, QVC can use this number to track the package.

QVC (along with many other retailers) use this service.  The post office holds the package until it is picked up (usually once a week) and the packages are returned to the retailer.  They have been doing it this way for quite some time now.

It saves QVC money which ultimately saves us all money.

If, for some reason, you find this unacceptable, you can still pay to ship the item back on your own dime, but in most cases, it is more expensive to do this.

Respected Contributor

I make a copy of the return shipping label and then the post office gives me a receipt.  When the post office scans the item, I get an email from QVC telling me my return is on it's way back to them.  I keep that email and copy of the tracking number until QVC notifies me they have processed my return.

Contributor

Yes I have the receipt given to me by the post office .Q claims that i am covered i just wanna know how long i have to wait to get refunded

Contributor

Thanks for the responses

Honored Contributor

Just an FYI: Ever since QVC started using these prepaid labels, which was several years ago, they have partnered with Newgistics. It's an efficicient method for companies and customers and doesn't seem to create any more problems than regular delivery.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

I am not sure that this method of return is any better than the past method.  It does take longer to get the refund email from the Q.  I returned a Quacker top the 15th of October using their return label and handing my package to my mailman. Just got the refund email today!!  I had called Q customer service and she could not even locate the package through her computer.  My post office is not that close and I don't drive much anymore, so I hand my mail to my mailman.  If I do not get the q mail telling me that the return has been received, I always call.  Interestingly, when I return

something to HSN, I get the return email within two days!!