Esteemed Contributor

Retail Dive article mentions Qurate

The Retail Dive website has a new article about retailers facing sales declines and Qurate is mentioned in the article in the first chart down the web page. Moody's rates Qurate's debt at Ba3 according to the chart. Qurate was the only company mentioned in the chart that had a positive outlook though, the others were stable or negative in that chart.

Anyway, the article does make for interesting reading.

https://www.retaildive.com/news/retailers-edging-toward-the-brink/568987/

Retailers edging toward the brink

Honored Contributor

Re: Retail Dive article mentions Qurate

@TY wrote:

The Retail Dive website has a new article about retailers facing sales declines and Qurate is mentioned in the article in the first chart down the web page. Moody's rates Qurate's debt at Ba3 according to the chart. Qurate was the only company mentioned in the chart that had a positive outlook though, the others were stable or negative in that chart.

Anyway, the article does make for interesting reading.

https://www.retaildive.com/news/retailers-edging-toward-the-brink/568987/

Retailers edging toward the brink

Wow, that's not a good rating by Moody's.  It's below investment grade so few to none would want to buy stock.

Honored Contributor

That's a very interesting article @TY .  I was surprised to see PetSmart and PetCo rated B3.  It said PetSmart was stable and PetCo was negative.  I buy my dog and cat food at PetSmart sometimes.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

I've been reading a lot of articles on return purchases and how much money they cost businesses as often returned items will end up in a landfill.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/savemoney/retailers-gave-you-free-returns-and-you-ruined-it/ar-BBY2U...

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

That's a very interesting article @TY .  I was surprised to see PetSmart and PetCo rated B3.  It said PetSmart was stable and PetCo was negative.  I buy my dog and cat food at PetSmart sometimes.  

I refuse to ever set foot in a PetSmart because they do not allow "bully breeds" into their doggy daycare or other group dog activities.  

I think PetCo is expensive.  I've been in their twice and found the prices to be rather high. 

Honored Contributor

@TY 

Really Qurate got a POSITIVE???????????

Well whoever wrote the artifcle must have actually believed the hype dealt out by the Qurate Executives.....They certainly dont look like they are going in the right direction....in the past Zulilly had been their shinning star but no more.....

Zulilly is tanking ...revenue is down 17%---Zulily revenue declined primarily due to lower unit volume driven by a decrease in new customers and lower purchasing frequency from existing customers compared to the corresponding periods in the prior year.

Cornerstone decreased 2%

QXH (QVC/HSN) revenue decreased 4%

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt 

Yeah, I wonder why Qurate rated better with Moody's than the other companies in the same chart.