Esteemed Contributor

Re: Remember when the forums were fun?

I read the forums for information basically, not to bash anyone.  I also read the forums because there are nice people here.  I really don't iintend to upset anyone.  Most lately I have found lots of restraint on what can be said.  It would seem if a poster makes a suggestion about the way something is presented or about the way the host or vendor presents themselves QVC should be interested.  It could affect sales or product choices to be aired.  I certainly would appreciate  being schooled in a better way to do things if the outcome is a better one.   

Honored Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

One good think I liked way back over the years is that Posters were able to exchange email addresses and phone numbers. I also remember some Posters met each other. Don't know if any of them are still here and if they still keep in touch.

@Sage04 

4 of us from Potstickers have been in personal contact since 2010!

We have developed a very close relationship!!

Esteemed Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@Sage04 wrote:

One good think I liked way back over the years is that Posters were able to exchange email addresses and phone numbers. I also remember some Posters met each other. Don't know if any of them are still here and if they still keep in touch.

@Sage04 

@RespectLife  I like that.That's certainly a long time. When Posters were exchanging information I always wondered if they would get along. That's great.

Honored Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

@Sage04 wrote:

@Sage04 

@RespectLife  I like that.That's certainly a long time. When Posters were exchanging information I always wondered if they would get along. That's great.

Thanks @Sage04  !!

It truly has been a gift and blessing to find these ladies and stay in touch for so long.

We email/text every day...and some days...all day long!!!

And to think, HE used Soup to bring us all together!    LOL

Trusted Contributor

Don't you wonder why we aren't allowed to give out our real names etc.    

Esteemed Contributor

@Junebug54 wrote:

Don't you wonder why we aren't allowed to give out our real names etc.

@Junebug54  no I don't ever wonder why.

Honored Contributor

These boards still are enjoyable. There were complaints about hosts back then too, and some posters were vicious.  I'm happy to participate in some nice threads with kind and helpful individuals.

Honored Contributor

i have met and still stay in touch with a dear lady who isnt on the boards anymore. she used to post here a lot, but over maybe a dozen years ago. so sweet and i consider her a dear friend. do "marbles" ring a bell? 

with all of the "nostalgia talk," i am guessing that no one remembers some of the people who pretty easily scammed others on these boards? i think having the mods around have made these boards just a bit safer.

i am in year 19 of being on these forums and i STILL enjoy my time here. if i didnt, i would not be around. while i am missing some people that used to be around, for those that  i currently interact with, i THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart. Smiley HappyHeart

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 yes I do and the biggest one I remember was Nurse Recruiter "beauty expert"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AuntG I don't remember the vituperative of the posts back then. There might have some complaints about products,but  few,if any directed, at hosts. And I have been doing these forums since 2010.

And there was no one left to speak out for me....