Respected Contributor

Re: Remember When Q Would Send Us A Card In The Mail ?

Instead of EZ pay why not offer a discount when using the Q Card? Many merchants have days where you get 10 -20 percent off is you charge with their card. QVC does very little and I suspect it's going to bite them in the rear when younger customers flee their aging business model. The executives just seem to have their heads in the sand doing the same old over and over thinking it will keep working.

Honored Contributor

@corita wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

I don't care about the cards never did, just another disposable. I'll take a big discount though, via email.
---------------------------

Me too!!  I do think that QVC does not "thank" its loyal, long term customers!  If I opened a Q card now, I would at least get back some money.  I have been shopping the Q for many, many years and have spent an unbelievable amount of money, Can't remember ever receiving any "thank you" in return!  HSN regularly sends emails with coupons or codes for rebates. 

Well, they did... HSN, that is... but I haven't seen a coupon in quite a while... I'm thinking since the big takeover... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

Yup, I used to get Thanksgiving cards from QVC that were signed by all the hosts.  These cards granted EZ Pay thru December.... but since I don't use EZ Pay, it was a total waste for me.

I've only ordered from HSN 3 or 4 times over the years, but they send me coupons in email all the time.  I wonder if those HSN coupons will come to an end now that QVC and HSN are owned by the same company?

I was just saying... they sure seem to have come to an end for me...

Honored Contributor

The cards, the few I got, though not a big deal were a nice touch and I'd have to agree that expressions of customer appreciation are non-existent with QVC and, for the most part, have been since I've been a customer...

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb

Do you order from them frequently. I ask because I received at least one coupon via e-mail a week. 

No exaggeration.

Honored Contributor

@icezeus I too was getting coupons from them almost weekly, but then it just seemed to stop... I didn't always use them and in fact I only used them occasionally, but it was nice to have the option... I can't remember the last time I got a 20 percent off coupon and those are the ones I seemed to get almost continuously... I've never been an extremely regular shopper with HSN, but was occasional enough... I haven't bought anything from them in a couple of months, I guess, but it hasn't been too long ago I ordered several nice items from them, so I don't think the lack of coupons coming my way has to do with not shopping... Who knows... I just can't help but wonder if the 'new management' is going to be slowing down on some of the promotions...

Respected Contributor

Back in the day I got a few of the signed cards and easy pay offers—thought it was nice. Then the old forums started tearing into QVC for not sending to every shopper. It got ugly. Not sure if this contributed to the decision to stop or just changing times, but once easy pay was available on many more items and social media took over the world, the cards stopped.

Valued Contributor

I remember the days when the Q's Christmas day was fun for me to tune in to as I went about my day. There were so many cute segments, stories and music. Now like other things it seems to be less of a connection to customers and an excuse to show an infomercial about any product. I miss seeing stupid songs by dorky hosts, snowman fights and Jeanne Bice or others reading a story,,,hour upon hour without selling, among other things. It was charming.

I guess like people miss the cards, that time was endearing too.

It's not wrong to change, but it's also not wrong to miss it as well.

Honored Contributor

Yes!  I remember those days.....I also remember when the TSV was worth staying up for because at times it would sell out (and you were only allowed to purchase 1) ...that rarely happens any more.

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb- I got a discount email from HSN just a few days ago.  Maybe it's those of us who do not order often who get these discounts?  I made one order with HSN in the last year, but I get discount emails from them at least once a week.

I would order (and watch!) QVC if they sent me some kind of "appreciation" discount. 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt