Contributor

Re: Remember Paul Kelley & Steve Coluntono?

I have 2 that I still display! I too miss shows like that. I've been disappointed in QVC for the last year. Same products over and over. Christmas shows have been very few and far between this year and nothing exciting. Maybe it's just me.

Honored Contributor

@BlueBlue wrote:

I have 2 that I still display! I too miss shows like that. I've been disappointed in QVC for the last year. Same products over and over. Christmas shows have been very few and far between this year and nothing exciting. Maybe it's just me.

@BlueBlue, No it's not just you,🌺

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

When we first received QVC on our cable, it only aired from midnight till 7:00 pm.  So, I didn't get to see Steve C or Kathy Levine.  I would hear about them, and was very curious.  I'd see Paul Kelley in the morning.  I think he was from CT?

Respected Contributor

I never cared much for Paul as a presenter but did enjoy Steve C. Looking back I can see QVC spent a large block of time on sit abouts like Fenton and Hummels and other collectibles like bears, dolls, and baskets. I think collectibles suffered when the economy tanked and never recovered their popularity. 

Honored Contributor

Paul Kelly went to work for ShopNBC as supervisor of hosts (who knew they were supervised?).   Once when they had a blizzard in Minneapolis and hosts couldn't get to work,  he appeared on air.   Haven't heard him mentioned for years so he may have gone elsewhere or retired. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Never heard of them. What show/network were they on?

Honored Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

Never heard of them. What show/network were they on?

QVC.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

I never cared much for Paul as a presenter but did enjoy Steve C. Looking back I can see QVC spent a large block of time on sit abouts like Fenton and Hummels and other collectibles like bears, dolls, and baskets. I think collectibles suffered when the economy tanked and never recovered their popularity. 

Yes, that and the creation of eBay.... which made finding and buying collectibles easy and often a lot cheaper!

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Q4u wrote:

@SunValley wrote:

Yes, that and the creation of eBay.... which made finding and buying collectibles easy and often a lot cheaper!

@Q4u Very true. eBay gave many folks an eye opener on where their collectibles should be priced. The Hummel figurines got insanely pricey on QVC.

Honored Contributor

Paul Kelley seemed to be the big mover and shaker of the Fifty in Fifty tour.   They rotated hosts but he always appeared. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment